Mark Roman ???

ArmyBengal

Bengals.com and Thorntons new website both make it sound like we were trying to get Roman back at the Safety position, but then he signed with Green Bay. The questions I ask is, are you kidding me ?? I know some people think Roman was just a stud last year. I for one am glad he went to Green Bay. His ass got burned so many times last year and I can't even count how many times it looked like he just quit on plays. IMO, I'm glad his ass isn't coming back !! Hope things work out with either Beckett or Marion, although its been said Marion is going to be to pricey. I'm VERY happy with either. If not, I guess the draft is all we have left. Big surprise !! Oh yeah, how does Lynch sign with Denver for 3 years at 3 million a year and he would have been to much of a cap hit for us to look at him ?? I may not be a math major, but didn't we just offer Sapp 4 years at 4 million ?? Just a thought....

WHO DEY !!!

Bengals.com and Thorntons new website both make it sound like we were trying to get Roman back at the Safety position, but then he signed with Green Bay. The questions I ask is, are you kidding me ?? I know some people think Roman was just a stud last year. I for one am glad he went to Green Bay. His ass got burned so many times last year and I can't even count how many times it looked like he just quit on plays. IMO, I'm glad his ass isn't coming back !! Hope things work out with either Beckett or Marion, although its been said Marion is going to be to pricey. I'm VERY happy with either. If not, I guess the draft is all we have left. Big surprise !! Oh yeah, how does Lynch sign with Denver for 3 years at 3 million a year and he would have been to much of a cap hit for us to look at him ?? I may not be a math major, but didn't we just offer Sapp 4 years at 4 million ?? Just a thought....

WHO DEY !!!

I'm actually going to defend Roman here. His primary job is not to cover guys -- unless it's a blitz, which were rare -- but help the CBs prevent deep routes. If our CBs had a little quality, I think Roman wouldn't have the perception. Unless you put someone back there that's going to the Hall of Fame, I really don't think we'll find a S who'll reverse fortunes without a quality pass rush and stable coverage by the CBs.

I won't defend Roman. He's an average to sub-par player if I ever saw one. The Safety position isn't the hardest place on the field. All he had to do was attack passing lanes and protect the deep ! He never made an impact any place on the field, and he only started because Marquand Manuel has absolutely no skills what'soever. The only other option is Kevin Kaesviharn, and quite honestly he shouldn't be in the nfl. And he (KK) makes more plays than Roman !

---Brent Alexander was released by the Steelers yesterday, wouldn't mind him coming here, and Sam Garnes is still out there as well. Forget Beckett and Marion, Sign guys that want to play ! They can play the lottery at the corner store! :angry:

WHO DEY !!!

Lynch is one hit away from life in a wheel chair.....

I would expect either Beckett or Marion to be in stripes by the end of the week. Either that or they dole out the dosh for a guard.

With at least 6 million in cap room, that should still be enough to land Taylor and the guard from the eagles. Bobbie Williams isn't a top notch guy like Ruben Brown at all. Both of those guys should be able to come in with some cap to spare.

---Enquirer says that Dennis Weathersby, and Alvin Porter will be competing for the starting right corner spot opposite Tory James.