NASCAR vs. Dateline NBC

BengalChamps

Actually, I don't think it's that bad. They were trying to make news (which is cheap), but they didn't only single out NASCAR, and either way, they were trying to make a point.

I don't think that any political leaders, regardless of party, have made any effort to stop the stereotyping of Muslims in this country, and NBC is doing something about it. Anything that leads to progress in the U.S. is going to be controversial, and I think this is progressive.

Dateline went after a demographic that they strongly believed are racist, looking to verify it. I was appalled when I heard this. I strongly oppose the news media looking to "make news" rather then report it. And when they do look to "make news", they target a demographic looking for something to escalate. Fortunatly, nothing occured to this individual at the event or there would have been bigger fallout. And then ALL NASCAR fans would have been labled ragardeless of thier beliefs. Plus, this is from a network that broadcasts a number of NASCAR events. I don't watch Dateline, now I won't!!! :angry: