Nightmare

eclipse99t

This is worst case scenario, and I hope to god that this won't happen. And I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything like that, but let's for a minute imagine what would happen if Carson's injury rehab does not go the way it was supposed to go.

Let's say that he comes back for the 1st game, and lights it up. But during the game, as he gets sacked, he lands awkwardly on the knee again, and retears the ACL, god forbid. And it ends his career. :(

And we havn't drafted a backup QB yet.

What would you do, and what would the Bengals do?

If you were the Bengals, would you trade away your draft to move up to the number 1 spot or whatever so that in the 2007 draft, they could be in place to take Brady Quinn from ND, while going through the year with Krenzel at the helm? Or would you pursue a veteran to manage the team for a couple years while you draft another QB in the '07 draft?

Thoughts?

I would probably hurt something very badly if this happened. I can NOT take another decade of losing.

This is worst case scenario, and I hope to god that this won't happen. And I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything like that, but let's for a minute imagine what would happen if Carson's injury rehab does not go the way it was supposed to go.

Let's say that he comes back for the 1st game, and lights it up. But during the game, as he gets sacked, he lands awkwardly on the knee again, and retears the ACL, god forbid. And it ends his career. :(

If you were the Bengals, would you trade away your draft to move up to the number 1 spot or whatever so that in the 2007 draft, they could be in place to take Brady Quinn from ND, while going through the year with Krenzel at the helm? Or would you pursue a veteran to manage the team for a couple years while you draft another QB in the '07 draft?

Thoughts?

I would probably hurt something very badly if this happened. I can NOT take another decade of losing.

First off lets not think about that.. and just take one day at a time with Carson..

Two suggestions!;

1. Wake - up and remember the Serenity Prayer. i.e. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot

change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference between the two.

or

2. Get a shot of Jack Daniel's (Black Label is best) and go back to sleep and have some pleasant dreams.

A quote from my generation -- "WHAT ME WORRY?" :blink::blush::D

Excuse me I have a serious worry -- my bathroom sink is clogged!!! :P<_<

Imagine if Palmer never comes back, Chad Johnson gets kicked off the team for beating up Marvin Lewis, T.J. comes out of the closet and admits that he is gay and is no longer accepted in the Bengals locker room, Henry gets sentenced to 20 years in prison, Deltha O'Neal holds out for a raise, the organization refuses to sign anyone of our offensive lineman. What would we do in 2007, we would be screwed.

You definitely shouldn't be thinking about freak things like that happening again. If something were to happen to Carson, we would pay good money for the best FA QB. We have a foundation that is set for a QB to excel so that would make us a very attractive team for a QB. Palmer will be fine by week 4 and we will forget that anything ever happened. If Willis McGahee can come back after his knee was demolished, Carson can make it back from a couple torn ligaments.

anytime faces the possibility of losing their QB.. nature of the game..

I do think the Bengals should look into securing someone that can run the club more consistently than Krenzel....

They've shown interest in Charlie Whitehurst and the possibility of drafting him if he were available in the fourth round may happen...

Never know what Marvin has planned though..

Thoughts?

If this happens now I would find where you live and come donkey punch you in the taint!

:chair::giljotiini::finger::ban:

The nightmare occurred in 2002 when we had the three headed monster of Akili-Gus Kitna.

Get some good defensive players and the rest will take care of itself. The Steelers won the SB while Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch subbed for Benny. They won just enough games to make the playoffs because of their D.

This team needs to quit thinking that it has to score 40 points every game, every year.

Thoughts?

Geez Eclipse, can you BE any more negative.

It is time our fans got out of their 90's funk of negativity.