If you were a Ravens fan...

Seeing how he's treated Baltimore, would you?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Seeing how he's treated Baltimore, would you?

• Hell no!! As bad as the Ravens need recievers, they DON'T need this asshole!! He and Corey Dillon must be related!
    • Hell yes!! Who else are we gonna throw the ball to when our tight end Heap lives in double coverage! Plus are star runningback is gonna be someone's prison bitch!

I've spent alot of time at the Raven's site lately. It seems they're about 70/30 for kicking this chump to the curb. I have a pretty good idea how it's gonna play here, but I wanted to find out for sure. Let 'er rip on this controversial player!

Billy-That's a great poll and the Dillon comment is priceless! If I were a Ravens fan I would check into rehab or find out why I root for a team that has purple colors and a tool for a leader! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Who Dey. I try. Just trying to keep the banter alive here now that most of the free agent deals have seemed to have taperd off. B)

I just posted this at the Ravens site. I can't wait to hear the excuses on this one!!:

Displaying messages 60947 through 60947 of 60947.

[60937 - 60946] [60947 - 60947]

3/9/04 9:18 PM - Post Number: 60947 edit New Message

billybroome Ignore

Content Categories

Subject: Quick question about the TO trade...

Comments: Why wasn't anyone smart enough to talk/consult directly with Owens before proceeding with this fiasco. I mean given this turds past antics, the intelligent thing might have been to simply ask him if he was willing first, trade for him later. The Ravens front office has no one to blame but themselves. Talk about one massive brain fart.

Seats: Just watching things go from bad to worse. :lol:

I just posted this at the Ravens site. I can't wait to hear the excuses on this one!!:

Displaying messages 60947 through 60947 of 60947.

[60937 - 60946] [60947 - 60947]

3/9/04 9:18 PM - Post Number: 60947 edit New Message

billybroome Ignore

Content Categories

Subject: Quick question about the TO trade...

Comments: Why wasn't anyone smart enough to talk/consult directly with Owens before proceeding with this fiasco. I mean given this turds past antics, the intelligent thing might have been to simply ask him if he was willing first, trade for him later. The Ravens front office has no one to blame but themselves. Talk about one massive brain fart.

Seats: Just watching things go from bad to worse. :lol:

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that place...besides having the worst "forum" in the history of the net, I really get tired of hearing aobut how every ravens fan and their brother thinks the NFL is against them.....It really truly makes me sick.

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that place...besides having the worst "forum" in the history of the net, I really get tired of hearing aobut how every ravens fan and their brother thinks the NFL is against them.....It really truly makes me sick.

Yeah Kevnz, I get on them about their lame layout all the time, and boy do their panties get wadded up in a knot!! It's a huge "I know it sucks...but it's our suck!!" attitude. It's hard to believe Jam31 and Arizona can stomach it after hanging out here from time to time. It TOTALLY blows! :rolleyes:

Read this transcript I got at "Ravens Talk.com of an interview with writer Stephen A. Smith, and note direct cheap shots at their GM Ozzie (I dont trust him), the city of Baltimore, being depressed about going there, etc.

Question: If you were an Eagle, do you believe the Eagles would be Super Bowl champions?

Answer: I'd definitely feel like we'd have a chance. If I were in Philadelphia, the expectations would be even greater, and rightfully so. Put me in an NFC championship game. Tell me that all I have to do is ball for 60 minutes to go to a Super Bowl, and watch what happens. We'll take Philadelphia to an entirely different level. And you best believe, when the lights come on, I'll be ready to shine.

Q: Why do you want so badly to be with the Eagles?

A: I want to play with Donovan McNabb. With a QB like that, I think I'll have a chance to take my skills and talent to another level. During the course of the playoffs, I saw teams with average receivers and good quarterbacks make a great connection. Good QBs can make an average receiver look great. Imagine what they can do for me.

Q: What about the Eagles' reputation for spreading the ball around?

A: That's fine. The last couple of years, that was pretty much the situation in San Francisco.

Q: But you weren't happy in San Francisco.

A: It wasn't the system I was unhappy with. It was the quarterback [Jeff Garcia]. Plus, we weren't in a winning situation. And I wasn't in a situation where I could truly be productive.

Q: That's not the case with the Baltimore Ravens, though. Their system isn't bad, and their defense is great. Why don't you want to go there?

A: I don't really know too much about [quarterback] Kyle Boller. I don't know too much about his backup, Anthony Wright, either. We played against them last season and got blown out [44-6]. But I'm very familiar with the success of Donovan McNabb. I know what he's bringing to the table. He's a game-breaker, just like I'm a game-breaker. I don't know that about any of those guys in Baltimore. I know that about Donovan.

Q: Were you that close to signing with the Eagles?

A: I was waiting to sign with the Eagles in 20 minutes. It was so close, I had one of my boys call down to one of the apparel shops to order a bunch of No. 81 Eagles jerseys for my family. Then all of a sudden, boom! The door shut on me.

Q: When did you first hear of the trade?

A: In a 15-minute span, while I was waiting for the call from my agent to finish the deal with the Eagles. The only reason we didn't get it done earlier was because Jevon Kearse had a press conference at 3 p.m. They were coming back to finish the deal afterward.

Q: What did the Ravens offer you?

A: There was no firm offer. They traded for me, so they were just discussing things. The Eagles actually came to the table with a better offer.

Q: So the Eagles actually came to the table with a better offer . . . in regards to a new contract?

A: Yeah, it was around an $8- to $10-million signing bonus. Even my agent was surprised by it.

Q: Who initially called to inform you of the trade?

A: [Ravens general manager] Ozzie Newsome.

Q: What was your initial reaction?

A: It was like a cloud had settled over this house. I was completely blown away. Me and my boys were all here hyped at the thought of me playing with McNabb. We were about to leave the house and celebrate. We were that close, that happy. I completely lost my train of thought. I was shocked, disgusted. I can't even recall what I said to Ozzie initially. I was immediately depressed.

Q: Once you got settled with your thoughts, what did you say to Ozzie?

A: I told him I wasn't feeling the trade . . . that I wanted to be in Philadelphia. I kept telling him that over and over again.

Q: What did Newsome say?

A: He kept telling me that right now, 'You're the property of the Baltimore Ravens. Just trust me on this. I'll make you like this situation.' And I just kept telling him, 'Dude, you can't make me like anything. I know what I want, and I want to be in Philadelphia.'

Q: Did you speak to [Ravens star linebacker] Ray Lewis? When? What did he say?

A: I haven't spoken to Ray since the trade, but I did speak to him a week beforehand. He asked me before the Eagles came into the picture what did I want. I told him a $23 million signing bonus, knowing I was overpricing myself. That's how reluctant I was to go there.

Q: What were your thoughts about the 49ers?

A: That they're sleazy. Vindictive.

Q: So you don't think this was a deal done for the betterment of their organization?

A: I think this deal was done by the 49ers strictly to screw me. If [49ers general manager] Terry Donahue was . . . in my face, I'd tell him the same thing. He knew what he was doing. That's why they're not about to go anywhere. They won't have success in the future.

Q: How do you feel about [49ers coach] Dennis Erickson?

A: I think he's a great guy. I didn't have any problems with him.

Q: How do you feel about him as a coach?

A: I think he was just holding down the position. He didn't really have any control. He had no input. When he got hired and we talked on that plane ride from Portland to San Francisco, he asked me questions about the offense and about Jeff Garcia. I basically told him that Jeff doesn't have the strongest arm, so if you're going to look for a QB that's going to air it out, that's not going to happen.

My impression was that he was going to get things changed, because he kept telling me he was going to get the ball down the field more. Come to realize, Erickson didn't have any input on the offense at all. [Greg] Knapp called all the plays.

Q: So you wanted Tim Rattay in the lineup?

A: Definitely. He was 2-1 as a starter. The only loss versus Green Bay, they kept saying he couldn't get out of the pocket, but they weren't looking at the big picture.

Q: Have you ever said anything to Jeff Garcia?

A: I've tried to talk to him. We sat in the steam room once and I told him, 'You've got to take control of the offense. I understand you being efficiency-oriented, but sometimes if there's a mismatch, you've got to have confidence enough to change the play. Great QBs do that.' Jeff started being a robot for several reasons. He couldn't throw deep. Wouldn't even try unless we were beyond the 50-yard line. If we started off on our 10-yard or 20-yard line, he wasn't about to even try, and everybody knew it.

Q: Do you hold [your agent] David Joseph responsible for the clerical error [that cost Owens his chance at free agency]?

A: Not at all. I believe him. If he said he didn't get the fax, he didn't get the fax.

I asked [NFLPA executive director] Gene Upshaw to send me the same fax he sent David. I saw it, and it had the Feb. 21 deadline on there. So I know good and well if David had seen the same fax I saw, it's a no-brainer. Why would he not send the necessary paperwork to the league? I don't believe it. Plus, under the CBA [collective bargaining agreement], even if the NFLPA sent the fax, they're suppose to send certified mail to back that fax up just to avoid these circumstances. And as a player, I'm entitled to that same notification. So the NFLPA may say David Joseph screwed up, but they screwed up, too.

Q: Is this one of those situations where you're just being tremendously loyal?

A: Man, I'm not going to sit here and turn my back on him now. This man has been there for me through all of my personal problems. He's been there through thick and thin for my family. I will never turn my back on him.

Q: If David Joseph were to come to you and just say: 'I messed up, T.O. It's my fault. I forgot to send in the paperwork to declare you a free agent. I'm sorry,' would you let him go?

A: I'd stay with him. Still. Everybody makes mistakes.

Q: The NFLPA has filed a grievance on your behalf. What do you think your chances are?

A: I think they're good.

Q: No one else does.

A: I like it when the odds are against me. That's been the case all my life.

Q: How do you feel about Andy Reid?

A: I like Andy Reid. I sat down and talked with him during the week of the Pro Bowl. I had heard from other coaches he had some reservations about me because of my on-field antics. Andy basically told me that if I came to Philadelphia that Donovan is the man. I told him I wouldn't have a problem with Donovan at all because I know what I'm getting. So if I screw it up, it'll be on me and I can deal with that.

Q: Where will you be when training camp opens?

A: I'm seeing Philadelphia. I really am.

Q: Will you do whatever it takes to get to Philadelphia?

A: I will. Most definitely. And that's exactly what I told Ozzie, once I cleared my head. I told him, 'I don't trust you, either.' I told Ozzie I was very adamant about being in Philadelphia.

Q: Any circumstances where you could see yourself showing up at Ravens training camp?

A: Yeah, if they paid me $25 million.

Q: Are you willing to go as far as to say you may hold out?

A: I would, I would! I want to be in Philly, man. That's just point-blank. I want to play with Donovan McNabb. Period. I've never been in a situation where it was like Jerry Rice/Joe Montana. Those guys were really buddy-buddy. They loved each other. There was chemistry there. That's why I believe Donovan and I can have that together.

the Amazing thing about this is... The Ravens don't get that draft pick back until there's some type of resolution to this. I seriously doubt that if the NFLPA decides Owens was wronged...the 49ers would be willing to give that pick back..and that's just funny.... :lol:

No, funny doesn't even begin to describe it........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:lol::D:lol:

Of course, one of the options would be say the trade never happened, give the Ravens back their pick, and give the 49ers an extra pick too...That would bug me.

the Amazing thing about this is... The Ravens don't get that draft pick back until there's some type of resolution to this. I seriously doubt that if the NFLPA decides Owens was wronged...the 49ers would be willing to give that pick back..and that's just funny.... :lol:

No, funny doesn't even begin to describe it........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:lol::D:lol:

Of course, one of the options would be say the trade never happened, give the Ravens back their pick, and give the 49ers an extra pick too...That would bug me.

Kev, I'd be willing to guess that the Ravens were hoping for a situation like this so they can get a 1st rounder in return.

Kev, I'd be willing to guess that the Ravens were hoping for a situation like this so they can get a 1st rounder in return.

Yeah, but that's a risk, give up a late 2nd for the 33 pick in the draft....Is it really worth the gamble?

But I must say, no matter what happens you have to think he won't play as a Raven this year....He slammed the team pretty much, especially the QB....Damn why would the Ravens even want him now??? Kick his ass to the curb....I mean he ripped them hard.....Ah, it's good to be a Bengal fan :D