Smoov513

1. Byron Leftwich-qb

2. Jeff Faine-c/g / Dennis Weathersby-cb/ Rashaan Mathis-cb

3. Charles Tillman-cb/ Nick Eason-dt/ Brett Romberg-c/g /

Sean Mahan-g

4. Justin Griffth-fb/ Bryan Scotts- fs/cb / Tayo Johnson-wr/te

5. Rashad Moore- dt/ Kawika Mitchell-lb/ Joe Odom-lb

6. David "Bop White- cb/

the only smart 1st round pick would be ROGERS if the bengals go with a QB he will just sit behind kitna and maby even 3rd behind smith, rogers would help out right away and thats what the bengal fans need to see a rookie helping out not sitting there learning while collecting the big $ checks........

jbengals1@yahoo.com

this is true a TALANTED QB is rare but i dont think leftwitch is that great akili smith has more talent and would be better in the run and gun plus i think phill simms kid will be at our beck and call in the second round. with rogers and simms as bengal rookies we would get the best at both 1st and 2nd round picks

If I were calling the shots I'd probably go with CB Terence Newman.

He's going to be a great NFL CB. With his speed he can also return kickoffs and/or punts for the Bengals.

The only thing I wish, is that he was a little taller. He's 2 inches shy of 6 foot.

The Bengals will most likely go with a QB though. If so Palmer will most likely be the pick.

As for Rodgers, I think the receivers we've got are going to be great next season. CJ had a great second half last season. Him along with TJ, Warrick, a healthy Farmer, and the Dugans we should be ok at receiver next season.

Byron Leftwitch will be the best qb in the draft when it is all said and done. 12,000 yards and 90 td's in college is mind-boggling to say the least. And lets not forget going into the season before the media shoved Carson Palmer down our throats Byron was the best qb in college football. His workout was a success, most scouts had him running a 5.0-5.1 in the 40, he ran a 4.85. The leg is fully healed so give the man a jersey and let him do his thing. Rodgers would be a great pick, Newman I am not sold on him yet. I feel they should concentrate on generating a fercuios pass rush which would allow the cb we have now to develop and make some plays. Either way we go it is an upgrade and should help our team become better now and in the future. As for Leftwitch not being more talented than Akili I dont know about that one. Leftwitch is the real deal and should not be overlooked because he not some blond hair blue eyed kid that the media, not NFL personell believe is going to be the next whoever.

i just hope we can get rid of the fist pick its too much $$ for a rookie that prob will just sit for atleast a year and if we do get rid of it we can fill spots that we do need other than QB, the bengals dont need another qb, kitna will be a bengal untill he retires

Newman in the first round and Simms in the second. The Bengals already have a first round QB sitting on the bench, they don't need another anytime soon. If they trade down one of the DT's would be great for a first rounder, but the Bengals are deep at WR and don't need to invest that money long term in a WR when they are gonna have to put some serious money out to keep Peter Warrick, and Chad Johnson in the near future, plus the money to keep Ron Dugans long term.

Gotta love life with the salary cap.

Cheers

Kev

Positives: Good size, work ethic and character. Has a good setup, touch and accuracy on short-to-medium throws. Smart with pocket awareness. Good on play-action fakes and the bootleg. Can make some throws on the run and find the No. 2 receiver. Has short accuracy and a better-than-good arm. Hard-working. Has been overhyped throughout his career and faced unrealistic expectations, yet has handled it very maturely. Has average mobility and is a student of the game.

Negatives: Streaky, erratic and has tunnel vision. Locks on to one receiver, lacks judgment and presses in big games, when he forces balls. Does not have a great arm and measures a lot of throws. Lacks speed and has average athletic ability. Has an inconsistent delivery point. Has little scrambling ability or elusiveness. Does not anticipate receivers well on crossing routes. Has had an up-and-down career. Throws late and behind receivers too often, but because he played with great wideouts, his completion percentage is misleading. Is more like former USC and Browns QB Paul McDonald than his father. Has an inconsistent delivery ranging from three-quarters to sidearm. Lacks great intuitiveness. Gets in trouble when he tries to force the ball into cracks. Overrates his arm and accuracy. Lacks great timing. Can improve his decision-making.

That's what Pro Football Weekly had to say about Simms.

Considering we haven't had much luck drafting QB's in the 1st round, I'm all for taking the best available QB in the 2nd round. That will likely be Simms. I've never seen him play, but he's gotta be better than some of the one's to come through Cincinnati in the past. :D

yea simms, not only would he be a great qb like his father but he will be able to sit behind kitna and watch a true master for atleast a year. plus being that he's phills boy would bring some much needed attention to a team that has very little national tv air time this year and no national games this year.......being that i'm from NY that means i wont be able to see my team play at all this year and will just have to enjoy a few small clips :angry:

So it seems as if everyone here doesnt think we need a qb. Are you guys really secure with Jon "oops I did it again" Kinta and Akili "the Bust" Smith at the helm for this team. True a dominant defense will take you very far in this league, but I dont think that Jon Kinta is the long term solution. I dont know how many games you guys have actualy seen but he is a backup at best. Akili has really gotten a far shake in my opinion but a talent like Leftwich comes along once a generation and it would be a blunder to pass on this kid. With that said what areas do you guys think is the most glaring need for our team? O-line, D-line, secondary? I say we despartely need to improve our point of attack on both sides of the ball. A 2-14 records proves that we are getting our collective @ss handed to us consitantly at the O-line and D-line. If we make an effort to dramatically improve our lines everything else will fall into place.

kitna is a good qb and the team is behind him, look for great things from him this year being that he is the starter and a great leader. As for what the team needs are def o-line with a good o-line corey dillion will have a steller year and the rest will fall in place ;)

So it seems as if everyone here doesnt think we need a qb. Are you guys really secure with Jon "oops I did it again" Kinta and Akili "the Bust" Smith at the helm for this team.

Kitna I think should do fine this coming season. CJ is a lot better receiver with Kitna at the helm.

That being said, Kitna isn't the long term answer. We do need to draft a QB this year within the first two rounds.

I just hate having to use a first round pick on the QB position given the Bengals history. ie. David Klingler and Akili Smith.

I won't be upset if Palmer or Leftwich get taken by the Bengals with the first pick, I'll just be a little nervous about it. :unsure:

I have seen the light and it is Terrence Newman. He could come in and fill a huge need and give much needed depth. 2nd. Rd. Jeff Faine if available or Al Johnson at center. 3rd rd. the best DL prospect on the board available. 4rd. Ken Dorsey-the surprise of the draft, putting on weight and a year to mature will do wonders for a real proven winner. 4rd. Matt Wilhem- Another steal who is a proven winner. 5th-7th rd-add depth at guard/ strong safety/ wr

Well, it seems as if Mike Brown has once again managed to foul up a golden opportunity. It is no secret that Coach Lewis wants Newman and if it has to a qb w/1st pick then obviously Bryon Leftwich. By drafting Carson Palmer, the blonde haired blue-eyed Akili Smith, we have managed to secure our place in the bottom of the division. Here is an idea, how about drafting some players that could help us now like Terrance Newman or Charles Rogers or Dewayne Robertson. Where is written in the NFL rule book that a qb must be taken with the 1st pick. The 1st pick should be whoever could help that team the most and right now Carson Palmer would not help us win next year. But, I will congratulate Carson on becoming the highest paid clipboard holder ever. Lastly, if we decided that we had to have a qb, why not take the best college qb prospect available, Byron Leftwich. Going into the season Leftwich was the highest rated qb and even though he played through injuries that I guarantee you Carson Palmer would have sat out for, Leftwich played because he didnt want to disappoint his teammates. How could any GM needing a qb pass a person with such character. Forget that he has the best arm in the draft, had the most consistant career of qb prospect in the draft, and has passed all the exams from doctors concerning his leg. His CHARACTER is what will make Byron Leftwich successful. When have you ever seen O-lineman carry the qb down the field after a play because he could not walk? I'm sure if you ask any of those Marshall o-lineman they would go to war with Byron Leftwich anytime and anywhere. CHARACTER, CHARACTER, CHARACTER is what is needed to be a successful NFL qb. Lets use Ryan Leaf as example of a highly touted prospect with all the physical tools and a great senior season, but clearly had character issues. We all know what happened to Ryan Leaf, now I am not saying that Carson Palmer has an attitude like Ryan Leaf, but Byron Leftwich is on the opposite end of character spectrum as Ryan Leaf. Clearly Byron Leftwich will make the better pro, but hey I guess that why we get the 1st pick every year and take, guess what a qb. I'm spent!!!!!!

Well, it seems as if Mike Brown has once again managed to foul up a golden opportunity. It is no secret that Coach Lewis wants Newman and if it has to a qb w/1st pick then obviously Bryon Leftwich. By drafting Carson Palmer,

Don't know about that, everything I read said that Coach Lewis was always high on Palmer as well.

Palmer will be a great QB in the NFL. The bengals haven't developed QB's because the team didn't have a clue what to do with them. Ken Anderson was a really good QB, but as a QB coach he sucked! I feel for Leftwich, cause guess who his qb coach is?

As for the character comment, yeah Leftwich has character, and is a leader. But Palmer also has character. I think you comments are way off in comparing Palmer to Leaf. Leaf didn't have the passion for football that Palmer has. Will Palmer be the most vocal guy on the team? No, does he need to be? No.

Cheers

Kev

This was hands down the best draft the Bengals have had in the Mike Brown era. 4 potential 1st rounders without making any trades was amazing as was not reaching to fill needs but still getting quality players at positions of needs. If this draft is any indication of how things are going to go during the Coach Lewis era then I think we might need to go looking for a bigger bandwagon because the old one is going to get crowded quickly!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bengals!!!!!