UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400

Kirkendall

Viva Las Vegas.....

My two picks (I figure with 43 drivers, we should at least get two picks...)

Elliot Sadler (Again, you'll notice that I'll more than likely pick a Yates car every race...I'm biased, damn do I miss Davey)

Matt Kenseth (Also, my other pick will almost always be a Ford...again, I'm biased, and Chevys suck)

As for qualifying, I'm gonna be a bit cheeky and just say Ryan Newman, and he'll be my pick for every race, cause I ain't ever seen someone qualify like he does....he's scary fast for one lap....

As for qualifying, I'm gonna be a bit cheeky and just say Ryan Newman, and he'll be my pick for every race, cause I ain't ever seen someone qualify like he does....he's scary fast for one lap....

Ryan does the same thing in the race, but now with these softer tires, that's gonna work against him. I think the only reason he won as many races as he did last year were that the tires allowed him to remain out, and run fuel milage races. Not gonna work like that this year. Your gonna have to be the complete driver package to win races, ala our two winners currently this year.

It looks just like they were when Matt and Dale Jr. ran in the Busch Series a few years ago. I expect these two guys to battle it out all season long!! B)

Ryan does the same thing in the race, but now with these softer tires, that's gonna work against him. I think the only reason he won as many races as he did last year were that the tires allowed him to remain out, and run fuel milage races. Not gonna work like that this year. Your gonna have to be the complete driver package to win races, ala our two winners currently this year.

It looks just like they were when Matt and Dale Jr. ran in the Busch Series a few years ago. I expect these two guys to battle it out all season long!! B)

NO MORE FUEL MILAGE RACES!!!!

Damn that pisses me off...Out of all those damn races that Newman won, he only had the fastest car maybe once....

And yep, I think the championship will come down to Dale Jr and Kenseth as well...But unlike the Busch series I say the trophy goes home with Kenseth....Last Winston Cup champion, first Nextel Cup champion....and don't you know he's pissed off that NASCAR changed the rules after he won the championship....talk about a slap in the face

and don't you know he's pissed off that NASCAR changed the rules after he won the championship....talk about a slap in the face

Did you hear his post race comments after winning Rockinham? He mentioned how the year before they won the most races, and last year they did what they needed to do to win the championship. He said basically it won't matter how you're gonna add up the points, him and his team are gonna contend for the title again this year.

Now that boy has attitude! B)

Well qualifying is over and Dodge rookie Kasey Kahne took the poll. Impressive stuff, but right behind him was Kurt Busch. Las Vegas native, semi-veteran at his home track.

As in golf, where you drive for show, and putt for dough...the same is for qualifying. My money is heavy on two Roush racers. Kurt Busch, and Matt Kenseth. That team OWNS this track, and will do so again Sunday!!

I say a 1st and 2nd for the Roush team, but maybe even Jeff Burton or Mark Martin could be a factor!!

Either way...I see a Ford Blue Oval in Victory Lane on Sunday!! B)

Here's the key to the race:

Lap 263: Kevin Harvick runs out of gas

Lap 230: Matt Kenseth passes Kevin Harvick for lead

Lap 205: Green flag; Kevin Harvick leads

Lap 202: Harvick first off of pit road; Jimmie Johnson takes just two tires

Harvicks crew chief should be SHOT!! You DO NOT leave your driver out of gas just to be first out of the pits! Just another example of Chevy stupidity. Too much money and NO brains to go along with it!

Here's the key to the race:

Lap 263: Kevin Harvick runs out of gas

Lap 230: Matt Kenseth passes Kevin Harvick for lead

Lap 205: Green flag; Kevin Harvick leads

Lap 202: Harvick first off of pit road; Jimmie Johnson takes just two tires

Harvicks crew chief should be SHOT!! You DO NOT leave your driver out of gas just to be first out of the pits! Just another example of Chevy stupidity. Too much money and NO brains to go along with it!

Well you can't blame Chevy for the 29 teams stupidity, ....Not that I mind seeing Harvick screw up......***biting tongue***....That's pretty piss poor on his crew chiefs part....what's the point? What next, is Childress gonna flip flop another team around so instead of getting rid of problems he recycles them to his secondary teams...

Of course after saying that, I would say that the biggest brain share on pit road isn't attached to a bow tie.... :lol:

Well you can't blame Chevy for the 29 teams stupidity

True. I can't. But that's their M.O. And it will continue to be so. I see Ford and Dodge stomping the crap outa Chevy this year. IMHO. B)

No arguments from on that front....Their is a serious lack of talent in the crew chief area for the bow tie brigade....If it werent' for the crew chiefs for Gibbs racing I think the combined IQ of all the other crew chiefs would be about 90....

He said it was loose, loose in the corner, loose in the middle, and loose out....I mean badly loose, he had to drive so much slower then the rest of the field cause otherwise he would have wrecked....He kept going to the pits to change the setup, but nothing helped.

That just goes to show that his team isn't ready to compete for the championship if his car was that bad.

He was so pissed off he wouldn't even talk to reporters while they were working on the car!! :lol:

Well you can't really blame him for being pissed....I'm sorry, that's the kinda thing that happens to s**t teams...To miss the setup is one thing, but to miss it that badly, there is just no excuse in it...Someone should be sacked for it....You do not win championships by brining junk to a track...I mean maybe if it was his backup car it would be almost forgivable...but the main car? I had to laugh.

I thought his crew was pretty good, wasn't it poppas old crew?  He did alright in the race before, didn't he?  Is this something that just happens to all drivers every once in a blue moon?

Also, I don't think Jr got out of the car when he took it in.

No. Dale Sr.'s crew is on the #28 car with Kevin Harvick as driver. Harvick took the seat in the car after Dale was killed at Daytona, and they changed the number to 28 from 3. Junior was already racing in Nascar, and had his own team, which is generally the same as it was back then.

Yeah...those bad days happen to all teams to a certain degree, but usually not a pathetic as what happened to the #8 team yesterday. They just didn't have a clue of how to make the car competitive! B)

I thought his crew was pretty good, wasn't it poppas old crew?  He did alright in the race before, didn't he?  Is this something that just happens to all drivers every once in a blue moon?

Also, I don't think Jr got out of the car when he took it in.

No. Dale Sr.'s crew is on the #28 car with Kevin Harvick as driver. Harvick took the seat in the car after Dale was killed at Daytona, and they changed the number to 28 from 3. Junior was already racing in Nascar, and had his own team, which is generally the same as it was back then.

Yeah...those bad days happen to all teams to a certain degree, but usually not a pathetic as what happened to the #8 team yesterday. They just didn't have a clue of how to make the car competitive! B)

That's the 29 not 28.....Don't disgrace Davey and Robert that way.....

Well, considering how many times Childress flip flops his teams around who the hell knows where the old 3 team is at...Of course, even before Earnhardt dies the childress team was slipping behind in terms of ability and knowledge. Juniors team came up from the Busch team that he won back to back championships with, but there is a big difference between a Busch championship team and a Cup championship team....I won't even touch on the nepotism that is rife with the team....I mean Dale Jr's uncle is team manager is his crew chief is the team managers son....I mean if you are the boss what are the odds of you sacking your son cause he screwed up and brought junk to the race and cost the team over 130 points! Come on...Of course it could be said that DEI suffers from the same problem that RCR suffers from, and that's stupid people calling the shots...A killer crew chief with the resources of the 8 team and the agression of little E....That would worry me, but it ain't gonna happen