Our trip to the Burgh......

Davicster

As a die-hard Bengal fan---- and 15 year season ticket holder.....there is nothing more satisfying than Sunday's victory. One of my first few dates with my wife was a 6am departure to Pittsburgh in 03-- she also is a HUGE fan. That day much like Sunday was a joyous occasion.

We arrived in the Burgh last Saturday @ 5ish-- stayed @ the Omni Hilton. After an hour or so in the bar...Chris Henry pops his head in the bar to see what was going on. At this point....we are pretty excited about the Bengals staying here and hoped we would see other players. On our way to dinner-- Chad was in the lobby patiently signing Jerseys and footballs. I was very sad I had brought my Deltha Jersey-- otherwise I would have run back to my room for a sig on my #85 Jersey. My wife took the liberty of walking up to him....patting him on the back and telling him to kick some ass tomorrow.

When we got back from dinner--- We grabbed our Bengals gear and proceeded to "supposedly" Pittsburgh's premier sports bar- the Sports Rock. Not so premier in my opinion. I was hoping to find Bengals fans to party with but to my dismay....all we found were boxing fans...a few clad in Squeelers gear but not a Bengal fan in the house. After one bear--- we took off and called it a night. Had to get sleep for the momentus game approaching.

The AM brought a little snow and wind--- damn it was cold. We bundled up ahd took off for Heiny field. I was pretty happy we had acquired club seats since it was a nasty day-- we get to the club @ 11 and secure a table. I spent the next hour or so cruising the club area and retrieving any and alll Bengal fans I could find....sad again to find only a handful out of hundreds of people....so with 6-7 lone Bengal fans huddled around a stand-up bar table.......we had our only little tailgate and convinced each other why we would win today. It was all nice and warm till about 1pm--- We decided to bundle up and brave the cold....as well as the fan noise. You are really never prepared for the intensity of the Steeler fans....it was loud and somewhat intimidating when you are two fans in gear among a sea of Yellow and black waving 60,000 terrible towels. After each Bengal score.....I am never really sure anything has happened. Its like a morgue--

My wife and I were very subdued with our celebrations for fear of death....but really I did not want to be that Squeeler a**h*** fan who stood up in front of us--- in your face after every score 6 weeks ago -- tauntung and drunk. I wanted to beat the $hit out of that fan so I decided to be a classy Bengal fan and just exchange mini high-fives with my wife.

After we won the game--- I was blown away by some of the classier Squeeler fans. I wasn't ready for.... not one or two but maybe 10 different fans coming up and congratulating us on a great win. They told us to represent the AFCN--- wow.......amazing.

We hopped in our car .....made the 4 hour trek back to Cincinnati ( damn.....I like our town so much better ) and. I listened to PB talk-radio for the first hour.... sad.

We are 2-1 for the last three years.....not too bad. I expect we will win many more there over the next few years...

W H O D E Y!!!!!!!

As I said before, we Steelers fans have respect for Bengals fans. We have a good thing going between our fans bases. Now if you were a Ravens or Browns fan your stay here would have been not as good. :P

I've never heard of that bar you went to. You should have went to Station Square.

I've had a lot of fun on my trips to Cinci. That's the way it should be. :cheers:

I have been to numerous CIN-PITT games (here and there) and never had a problem. Just two fan bases loving their teams...

Now the Browns fans on the other hand... :no: I'll take a die-hard Steeler fan over a Browns fan any day of the week....

Hey, didn't Charlie Daniels have a line in a song about not putting your hands on a Pittsburgh Steelers fan? If it's classy enough for Charlie it's good enough for me... :sure:

Still want to beat you guys all to hell though! :cheers:

Hey, didn't Charlie Daniels have a line in a song about not putting your hands on a Pittsburgh Steelers fan? If it's classy enough for Charlie it's good enough for me... :sure:

The song goes... "don't mess with a Pittsburgh Steelers fan".

Just this past Summer a local radio station asked Charlie why he has that in his song and Charlie said that he went to a Steelers game and made the comment "If I ever went to war I would want those Steelers fans of my side. They are some tough people who won't take crap from anyone." He never said what game that was or when it was. I wonder if he sat in the stands. That would be something.

We love our team and we do get rowdy at the games. Bengals fans are very similar. I've been to plenty of games in Cinci where the fans would MF the Bengals and complain about them to us Steelers fans. With a few exceptions, it wasn't held against us that we were Steelers fans. Get mad or happy with your team, it's not the oposing fan's fault that your team stinks or is doing well so no need to gloat or scorn them.

You know I just had a thought. We Steelers fans have often taken over Riverfront and PBS during the Bengals bad years and have always been treated decent for the most part. The bulk of the Steelers fans are probably just returning the favor for your classy actions. :cheers:

Sadly, this is not true. There is an asshat, drunk that sits in the club section 208 every game, running his mouth. Sometimes he was with his wife, or girlfriend. She sat quietly, embarrassed that she was with such a dumbass. I felt sorry for her. She hasnt been there for awhile, so I guess she finally woke up.

Every orchard has a few bad apples. :lol:

The song goes... "don't mess with a Pittsburgh Steelers fan".

Just this past Summer a local radio station asked Charlie why he has that in his song and Charlie said that he went to a Steelers game and made the comment "If I ever went to war I would want those Steelers fans of my side. They are some tough people who won't take crap from anyone." He never said what game that was or when it was. I wonder if he sat in the stands. That would be something.

The song was out in the 70s, so ole Charlie was there in the glory years....the song is "In America" and came out right after or during the end of Vietnam...

:cheers: