What position do you see Pollack settling into?

PhunkE1

From what I've seen Pollack is much more of a force at DE than OLB. Obviously the transition to OLB was bound to take time, but he's defenitatly making more of an impact on the line. I would hope we do everything in our power to resign JSmith this offseason, but what do you think about moving Pollack to RE exclusively if JSMith isn't back? Landon has done a hell of a job at every LB spot he's been at. He may be a little undersized to play the weak side, but he seems to make up for it with his speed. Thoughts Bengaldom?

From what I've seen Pollack is much more of a force at DE than OLB. Obviously the transition to OLB was bound to take time, but he's defenitatly making more of an impact on the line. I would hope we do everything in our power to resign JSmith this offseason, but what do you think about moving Pollack to RE exclusively if JSMith isn't back? Landon has done a hell of a job at every LB spot he's been at. He may be a little undersized to play the weak side, but he seems to make up for it with his speed. Thoughts Bengaldom?

I could see him playing a little of both. I am sure they will give it plenty of thought during the offseason and give him a full spring and then training camp to make afinal decision. I do like his speed and tenacity at end though.

Also I believe they will resign Justin Smith. He is a hard worker and one of Marvin's "do your job" guys.

Well, unless Pollack really improves, which I hope, I see him as a situational DE. He is not big enough for an every down DE. He probably couldn't beat out our current LB's.

I know he got the sack on ben on third down that last possession but other than that he has had very little impact. I hope the bengals find the best way to use the talent he has and maximize what he has to offer.

The Bengals seem to be moving towards a role oriented defense and I see Pollacks as kind of a rover. He's both a situational LB and a situational pass rusher. Right now I prefer him at DE

I'm in now way trying to start yet another 3-4 discussion but I think Pollack would fit perfect in that kind of defense. Just like Porter for Pitt.

Your right bengal boomer the Joker D is a role oriented D. They want to be able to swap him and J. Smith to create miss matches. If Water Boy would have signed instead of playing Agent he would of had a huge impact on this D.(but those extra couple of hundred grand) The guy blew his rookie season and now he is starting to catch on. He looked good out there rushing the passer. The dynamic duo of J. smith and water boy could be devastating.

P.S.

I will never call him anything but water boy it fits him. (greedy f**k)

Ah Spain, I thought I might get you to drop that name once and for all Sunday.

Anyway, I'd like to point this discussion to something Marvin said last week (I think). That Pollack was just getting to hit his stride because he had just reached how many practices he would have had at the end of training camp. Then he said something like: "Funny how that works, huh?"

Count me as someone in the Pollack-can-play-SSLB camp. He might not be making the tackles but he's really disrupting the blockers and runners and controlling the direction of run plays. I think it's been a big reason the run yardage has been down. There were several plays yesterday that went for long yardage where ODell (once again blew through the (wrong) gap and missed Parker who went on for decent yardage. OTherwise, our running D totals would have been sub 60 yards. Not bad to come down from 220, against the STEEELERS!

Well, unless Pollack really improves, which I hope, I see him as a situational DE. He is not big enough for an every down DE. He probably couldn't beat out our current LB's.

I know he got the sack on ben on third down that last possession but other than that he has had very little impact. I hope the bengals find the best way to use the talent he has and maximize what he has to offer.

I see Pollack improving over the offseason, and becoming a strong side linebacker extrordinaire.

I think Pollack will stay where he was intended to be in the first place, at linebacker. He is a situational pass rusher, but can still do that as a linebacker (a la Bobby Carpenter). He has been improving. He has all the talent and drive in the world to be a good player, I've got confidence he'll continue getting better.

The two tweener rookies that have done well so far this year, DeMarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman both are having nice rookie seasons...over 40 tackles and 4 and 7 sacks respectively.

It would have been nice to get this kind of production from Pollack.