Thanks Tampa

jjakq27

I'd like to thank the Tampa Bay Buccaneeers for not hiring Marvin Lewis in 2002.

"You wake up in the morning and move on with your life," Lewis said. "My day will come. You just have to keep telling yourself that, you know?"

quote from Marvin Lewis after being told he would not get the Tampa job in 2002

I think that day was yesterday!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1325129.html

Each team did fine here, Id rather have Lewis building the team, but he wasnt a good fit for the bucs, they needed someone firey who could motivate their team and make them live up to their potential, and they did, winning a super bowl. I highly doubt any of them regret the decision, besides the fact that they got raped in the trade.

not really cause they only gave away the 32nd pick and some other mid 1st round pick the year later.

I'd take a superbowl trophy for my franchise anyday over 2 1st round picks.

Somehow I can't see MB giving up any draft picks for anybody.

not really cause they only gave away the 32nd pick and some other mid 1st round pick the year later.

They gave up 2 first round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and i think another pick somewhere in there. Id take a super bowl over those picks as well, but they gave up a ton to get him in there, weather or not he was the difference is unknown. Like i said though I doubt they regret doing it.

They gave up 2 first round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and i think another pick somewhere in there. Id take a super bowl over those picks as well, but they gave up a ton to get him in there, weather or not he was the difference is unknown. Like i said though I doubt they regret doing it.

I call it the "Lou Piniella factor". The Reds finished in second place like three straight years under Pete Rose. Then, in 1990, Lou took over the same group and kicked their asses from day one and they won the World Series that year. I think Dungy was the laidback guy and Chuckie came in and lit a fire under some of these guys to get them over the hump.

I live in Tampa and let me tell you this, I would take Marvin in a heart beat...

Gruden = Billick, supposed offensive genius with NO offense wins a Super Bowl with a great D, then they coast on the afterglow...

BTW, I give Marvin more credit for the Ravens SB ring than I ever would Billick....same goes for Tampa with Monte Kiffin and Gruden....

Gruden is highly overrated in my book...

I think you guys are right. Both teams ended up well here.

I'd really like to thank Matt Millen who passed over Marvin twice!!!

Should be very interesting to see who Millen hires....if he gets the chance!

bring back Wayne Fontes!

I'll fall asleep at night knowing the Bengals have THE best coach in the league....