Will the Bengals do better next year?

BengalszoneBilly

Yeah thats the difference....Marvin has us believing....this year and years past you know we would've all said no to that poll....The very fact that we believe we can do better is great in my opinion....Let's just keep the pressure off Palmer....and keep me dancing my dance in the end zone

Personally, I think K-Wash -- not you, you squirrelly loving FREAK -- could be the difference maker in 2004. I really hope he's a bigger part of the offense. If he replaces P-Dub in 2005, when Dubs contract runs out, I really think our offense doubles in production.

Hey 'Kelley Squirrel Boy Washington', I'm just playin' by calling you a freak; it's all in good fun. :D

I have to differ here. Peter Warrick is a good wide recievr and shows signs of greatness at times. Let him continue to improve and play and he will only get better. K Wash is a good wide receiver but I just dont see him being vital to our offense at all

He's undersized, slower than a quality receiver; I fail to see how anyone could believe he's worth anything but a hot dog and a pop.

did you watch the Kansas City game? let me tell you how slow he was. It was funny noone caught him on 2 plays must have been his slownesss there. :lol: also the guy is agile as hell and can make defenders miss out the ass.

Well obviously you missed the cover guy FALL DOWN! I can't give him complete credit for his punt return because the blocking was superb. In 62 games, you find one??? He's one of the biggest disappointing draft picks, not the worst, but one of the biggest letdowns; and if this dicussion happened before 2003 season, then most would agree with my assessment.

Yeah thats the difference....Marvin has us believing....this year and years past you know we would've all said no to that poll....The very fact that we believe we can do better is great in my opinion....Let's just keep the pressure off Palmer....and keep me dancing my dance in the end zone

Mark Curnutte had an article on this very subject back in Jan. He sort of ticked me off, because he said that we should get ready for another 8 and 8 season IF we're lucky. He said it could just as easily be 7 and 9. I don't mind his opinion, and that would have been the M O in the past but not only did he totally discount everything that had been accomplished this season he failed to take into account or even mention that this was Lewis' rookie year as head coach. I look for the team to do better next season just by virtue of having a years experience in the new system.

Hopefully over the off season we'll get rid of some more dead wood, do well in the draft, and pick up a couple of free agents to help out the rookies and plug a few holes. There's a lot of ifs going into this season, but no more than for a lot of the teams. Steelers and Ravens have a lot of questions, and those Brown things from around the lake have nothing but questions.

NFL.com has already ran an article relating to fantasy football that said Palmer should routinely have 300 yard games. Add a decent running game to that, and it should be enough to get 2 extra wins. Figure in a typical level Marvin Lewis defense, and that should be good for another.

I may be an optimist too ( hell show me a Bengals fan who isn't ), but I can see us having our first winning season in a long time going maybe ................. 9 and 7 or even 10 and 6. You have to remember, that last year almost everybody thought that 8 and 8 would be a stretch for this year.

I had been avoiding this post but my curiosity got the best of me.  I had guessed a 70% approval rating, but it's 90%!!!!! :o

Go Bengals! :)

Now why would you avoid this type of questioning? It's so direct and to the point? :blink: Is it not complicated enough for you, Mr. Mathmatition?

Mat, I only wish I had your math skills. I blew it off on high school by only taking basic algebra. Totally ignored it in the year of college I took at NKU. Now I find I need it in my present job. ***dammit!! Who'd have thunk it! I thought I'd be an aircraft mechanic my whole life, then life throws me a curve.

Chad...are you listening? I f**ked up. You don't have to. I thought the EXACT SAME THINGS YOU SAID. In fact I think they were word for word. I was wrong...again. Do yourself a future favor...learn as much as you can now...besides, women find smart men sexy. It pays off for BOTH heads, I'm tellin' you man! B)

Our defense sucks and there is no indication that we'll get enough players to make a huge different -- an article on Bengals.com even said the Bengals aren't going to be big into the FA period at first, they are going to wait a few days before making moves -- secondly, you can't think a full draft class will instantly make the team and play at the top of their billing. If we get a bunch of guys on defense during FA and draft, there is a transition period, there's a time when the team needs to learn how to gel together and training camp and pre-season isn't enough time.

Plus, we might lose Dillon and Rudi. Dillon could be traded and someone might offer Rudi a huge contract that the Bengals either won't or can't match. None of us here can support that Palmer is going to be the god everyone is proclaiming him to be, he's probably going to struggle, even lose a few games; he still hasn't played in an NFL game against a first team. He still has development to do. If he does great, then great, but I'm not expecting him to do everything.

We have no punting team, Shane Graham is going to be offered the tender $638k which probably means he'll be gone, as will Tony Stewart, TJ Housmanf**kup. Rogers Beckett will probably be gone as will Brandon Bennett. Right there just dumped a lot of special teams.

None of that has anything to do with our schedule. We'll have to play New England, Miami, Dallas, Denver, Philly and Tennessee to go along with Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice (I put Pitt in there because they've always had our number).

OK, I'm not denying I desperating hope the Bengals will have a good season, but I'm not going to expect it. I think the Bengals truly need one more development season before we'll be contendors on a regular basis. Marvin wanted to remove all of the "junk" on this team when he first came here, well this is the second and final round to do it. Thats why I think the Bengals will have a Super Bowl run in 2005, its just pointing that way in all aspects to the team.