RB Situation

DuffMan

Word is out of Indy is that the Bengals have expressed interest in Chris Perry. This should come as no suprise since they are obviously trying to deal away Dillon. But i also read that the Bengals could get a 1st and a 3rd if they choose not to match an offer for Rudi. Now i know its a lot more complicated than that, we'd have to put a pretty high tender on Rudi and some team would have to want him enough to pay such a high price, but if it did happen, would keeping Dillon and letting go of Rudi be THAT bad? The best we could get for Dillon would be a 3rd rounder, unless the Pats have a brain fart and give us their garbage 1st (32nd) pick, but some cap space would come free as a result of Dillon going.

I have DEFINATELY thought about that as well. I think Rudi is good, but hell a 1st and a 3rd? Thats worth it. And keeping Dillon isnt the worst thing in the world that could happen...but i doubt this happens.

Well, I could almost see the Bengals putting a tender on Rudi that would just get them a first rounder....That way the interest would be there (I'm sorry I don't see any team giving up a first and 3rd) and the Bengals can match the offer if the pick is right.....two first rounders ain't nothing to shake a stick at.

A Michigan guy in the state of Ohio? I can't accept that.

However, I can accept the possible trade for Rudi now for other quality draft picks. After all, the city of Dallas almost cruisified Jimmy for that unbelievable trade that picked up some dude named Emmitt.

we'd have to put a pretty high tender on Rudi and some team would have to want him enough to pay such a high price, but if it did happen, would keeping Dillon and letting go of Rudi be THAT bad?

On one hand, I'd like to see Corey go. He's ungrateful, egotistical and still hasn't bought into Marvin's system which shows friction -- which is also true with some of his teammates. On the other hand, there is little interest in the market for Dillon and we could get a great return for Rudi.

But lets face facts, Marvin seems pretty loyal and we know Mike Brown is loyal -- can anyone else explain the coaching staffs in the 90s? So I think we'll see Rudi here, but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Dillon was.

Would it be bad? Well I think that's in Dillons court. He burnt a few bridges with the Bengals organization and he has a lot of fans pissed off at him. Only a career season could save his life in Cincy in 2004.

I honestly would rather have dillon in there than rudi, but i wouldnt mind rudi dont get me wrong. Id like dillon to stay so everyone can remember him for the past 8 yrs and whatever he does for us in the future and not this past season when he wet his diaper. But if hes gone now, i would understand.

I honestly would rather have dillon in there than rudi, but i wouldnt mind rudi dont get me wrong. Id like dillon to stay so everyone can remember him for the past 8 yrs and whatever he does for us in the future and not this past season when he wet his diaper. But if hes gone now, i would understand.

I wouldn't mind dumping both and getting a bunch of draft picks thus allowing the Bengals to develop with a good core of young players creating a foundation of possible greatness. I remind you all of the Dallas model after their 1-15 season.

I honestly would rather have dillon in there than rudi

Even after what Willie Anderson, our Pro Bowler said about him!?! Here's a tip for the best bet in the universe...Corey Dillon WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT be a Bengal in 2004!! B)

As for the CD situation Marvin Lewis recently said at the combine.." That he feels it's a situation that he could warm over with dillon's teammates.Dillon is still under contract,and Cincinnati hasn't received any offers, and considers Dillon a Bengal for 2004. " he also went on to say that "most of the players here , weren't mad at Dillon and understood what his frustrations were about, and felt as Head coach, he could rectify any problems that could occur with Dillon remaining a Bengal".

Now, as for Rudi...Rudi's agent said that there haven't been any talks for awhile,and figured that Cincy would max tender a one year offer making his compensation a 1st, and a 3rd.

Recent reports from Matt Mayock (NFL tv --combine reports) said that he believes Kevin Jones,Stephen Jackson,and Greg Jones will all be gone by the 20th pick. Chris Perry could still go in round one because of his production , and combine workouts.

If Pats, and Cowboys, and possibly the Eagles can't move up to get one of them, then expect one of those Bengals to be moved on draft day.

Also... Corey Dillon was recently ranked # 3 by NFL Insiders in value of Prospective Free Agent pickups.. The highest of any running back and behind only Jevon Kearse,and Champ Bailey.

We may have a completely different look at Dillon as compared to how the rest of the NFL is looking at him.

As for the CD situation Marvin Lewis recently said at the combine.." That he feels it's a situation that he could warm over with dillon's teammates.Dillon is still under contract,and Cincinnati hasn't received any offers, and considers Dillon a Bengal for 2004. " he also went on to say that "most of the players here , weren't mad at Dillon and understood what his frustrations were about, and felt as Head coach, he could rectify any problems that could occur with Dillon remaining a Bengal".

I think this is Marvin's attempt to try and bring Corey's market value up a little. If teams see and hear Marvin praise and stick with Corey then that could enable a team to take a bigger chance on him.

I think this is Marvin's attempt to try and bring Corey's market value up a little. If teams see and hear Marvin praise and stick with Corey then that could enable a team to take a bigger chance on him.

Conversely it could be that Marvin see's the distinct possibility that Corey might have to remain a Bengal. I hope this is wrong though. :(

I think this is Marvin's attempt to try and bring Corey's market value up a little.  If teams see and hear Marvin praise and stick with Corey then that could enable a team to take a bigger chance on him.

Conversely it could be that Marvin see's the distinct possibility that Corey might have to remain a Bengal. I hope this is wrong though. :(

I don't know if this is such a problem...I mean I know CD burnt some bridges last year(That's putting it nicely) but he's still a hell of a running back...I mean Dillon could be cut and it would have the same cap hit as trading him, but what does that do for the Bengals besides let some other team grab him and we get nothing...at least by keeping him the Bengals get some value for him....

Besides, I can almost see the Bengals losing Rudi by Free agency. Gee, a probable hall of famer running the ball, at least an extra 1st round pick to help shore up the D....that's sounds pretty damn nice to me....

I mean Dillon could be cut and it would have the same cap hit as trading him, but what does that do for the Bengals besides let some other team grab him and we get nothing...at least by keeping him the Bengals get some value for him....

These are the facts that scare me the most out of this situation! <_<

How about this... ?? If we lose both ..? Rudi = we get a 1st and a 3rd... and we lose Dillon for a 2nd.. who the Hell do we take this year that can make us forget them..?

Only Guy i see is Stephen Jackson.. Runs like Dillon, has enough speed to get to the edge.

Kevin Jones is good too, but Jackson may be the best back this year..

Chris Perry i would get , if I lose Dillon and keep Rudi..

If we lose Rudi and keep Dillon, then those picks go for defense .

How about this... ?? If we lose both ..? Rudi = we get a 1st and a 3rd... and we lose Dillon for a 2nd.. who the Hell do we take this year that can make us forget them..?

Only Guy i see is Stephen Jackson.. Runs like Dillon, has enough speed to get to the edge.

Kevin Jones is good too, but Jackson may be the best back this year..

Chris Perry i would get , if I lose Dillon and keep Rudi..

If we lose Rudi and keep Dillon, then those picks go for defense .

Chris - I think it may benefit us to pick up a speed guy rather than a bruiser. The trend Brat has this offense going at doesn't need a guy to just run people over just to hit the whole super quick and take the outside corner quickly. That would be my guess.

Kirk, man i do Feel sorry for you Ohio State guys... A friend of mine and I watched that game over his house at the premier of his

48 inch plasma high definition , high resolution, high whatever with built in dvd player.... he was so crushed when the buckeyes pulled up lame .

Cincy is still probably gonna end up with a buckeye or a wolverine in the draft this year though..

one of those o lineman or michigans' Carl Diggs lb .. in the later rounds.

48 inch plasma high definition , high resolution, high whatever with built in dvd player

That's the TV for football GODS! Ye Gods!

Cincy is still probably gonna end up with a buckeye or a wolverine in the draft this year though..

OSU and Meeeechigan always put a good number of players into the NFL. Both have great and historic programs... [side Note - this will be the last time that I give props to the school way up north, bastards! :angry: ]