Trade Talk

bengalindian

OK, so I didn't wake up this morning thinking about fantasy trading...but I was talking to a friend in my keeper, winner gets a lot of money league, and we started talking trade. Here's how my team looks right now, with 2 starting QBs, 2 RBs, 4 WRs, 1 TE, 2 kickers, and 2 D's.

QBs:

Jake Delhomme

David Carr

Gus Frerotte

RBs:

Corey Dillon

Shaun Alexander

Duce Staley

WRs:

Plaxico Burress

Hines Ward

Rod Smith

Eddie Kennison

Greg Lewis (Eagles)

Reggie Brown (Eagles)

TEs:

Antonio Gates

Daniel Graham

So here are two potential trades:

Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Steve Smith FOR Eddie Kennison and Shaun Alexander

Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, Steve Smith FOR David Carr, Shaun Alexander, Hines Ward

We keep 5 players after the season is over. I like the latter trade because I would greatly improve my QB situation, and the first trade I like because I get Steve Smith for an expendable WR. What I want to know, are either of these trades worth it to lose Shaun Alexander? I like Steve Smith because I have the QB-WR combo, and if I got Plummer, I would have another combo.

If any of you have any opinions or advice, I'd greatly appreciate it, because both of these trades are tempting, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to lose Shaun Alexander.

Thanks a lot.

Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Steve Smith FOR Eddie Kennison and Shaun Alexander

I say no to this one. Holmes's value is limited in keeper leagues, as he is getting old and fragile. Larry Johnson is a sleeper to be very good, but not worth losing Shaun Alexander. Steve Smith would certainly be a nice pickup here, but he is in the midst of his only truly great season.

Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, Steve Smith FOR David Carr, Shaun Alexander, Hines Ward

I say no to this one as well. Plummer's value is greater than Carr's, but the difference is not worth losing Alexander for Bell. Hines Ward is only a small measure below Steve Smith in my opinion as far as keeper leagues go.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to lose Shaun Alexander.

I think you are right. The first trade is more enticing than the second, but Alexander is such a consistent fantasy beast, that I'd say no thanks to both.

I would get Priest and just keep him on IR and see what he does in the offseason, so he's not a big factor in the trade. Steve Smith is a stud, and I had a chance to keep him, but chose Hines instead (dumb). I think you're right about losing Shaun, but I need a QB badly, and the second trade seems enticing. Thanks for your opinion though.