'88 and '05 Comparisons

Bengal_Brad

Several people here have mentioned the 1988 team that went to the Superbowl. Of course, the media talks about the best record since '88. Did you know....

The 1988 team had a high powered offense with a QB that was headed in the direction of league MVP, and two running backs that would compliment each other. Same as '05.

1988 had awesome corners, but were known for giving up yards in the running game. Same as '05.

1988 had a running back that liked to make it to the end zone and do a special dance. Same as '05, except this year it's a wide receiver.

Both teams were 7-2 after 9 games.

and get this...in 1988 we played the Buffalo Bills (an AFC East Team) in the preseason and the regular season (at home). The Bills for the first part of the season had the best record in the NFL. I remember watching a game where everyone was saying the road to the Superbowl was going to go through Buffalo. We beat them in the pre-season, and the regular season. Then faced them in the AFC Championship game and beat them. '05 played the Colts (an AFC East Team) in the preseason and beat them. We have yet to play them in the regular season (at home), and we will probably face them again in the playoffs.

The simularities are erie. I think history is about to repeat itself. Of couse there should be ONE change. To win the Superbowl!!

ok, I made a mistake on that one. I was going from memory and I remember we were pursued closely by someone in our division.....maybe it was the Browns. Anyhow let me add another one. Both teams were 7-2 after 9 games.

Several people here have mentioned the 1988 team that went to the Superbowl. Of course, the media talks about the best record since '88. Did you know....

The 1988 team had a high powered offense with a QB that was headed in the direction of league MVP, and two running backs that would compliment each other. Same as '05.

1988 had awesome corners, but were known for giving up yards in the running game. Same as '05.

1988 had a running back that liked to make it to the end zone and do a special dance. Same as '05, except this year it's a wide receiver.

Both teams were 7-2 after 9 games.

and get this...in 1988 we played the Buffalo Bills (an AFC East Team) in the preseason and the regular season (at home). The Bills for the first part of the season had the best record in the NFL. I remember watching a game where everyone was saying the road to the Superbowl was going to go through Buffalo. We beat them in the pre-season, and the regular season. Then faced them in the AFC Championship game and beat them. '05 played the Colts (an AFC East Team) in the preseason and beat them. We have yet to play them in the regular season (at home), and we will probably face them again in the playoffs.

The simularities are erie. I think history is about to repeat itself. Of couse there should be ONE change. To win the Superbowl!!

The similarities abruptly ended when you got to the "everyone was saying the road to the Superbowl was going to go through Buffalo." part! ^_^