Interview As Important in Draft.

Kirkendall

You guys remember the Movie ...THE PROGRAM..... there was a scene where the star linebacker and the team were watching film... Coach "James Caan".... asked the Lb, what was his assignments on each play and he responded...

kill the running back..

kill the quarterback...

kill everybody.........that's all i need to know from a guy when interviewing him to play defense. :D:D

Its amazing how much better I feel about the draft knowing Marvin is in control. Its amazing how everything he says makes sense. I do kinda miss scratching my head over the things LeBeau would say....

My most memorable Dick LaBeau draft pick will be Sean Brewer. The king of head scratchers, but, Labaeu had us all at ease over the pick after the draft where he summed up the reason for picking him. "He ran the fastest time out of all the tight ends!" Ugh, mind checking his pockets for cigarettes, or if he could play a full season, or if he was actually good at playing the game?

My most memorable Dick LaBeau draft pick will be Sean Brewer. The king of head scratchers, but, Labaeu had us all at ease over the pick after the draft where he summed up the reason for picking him. "He ran the fastest time out of all the tight ends!" Ugh, mind checking his pockets for cigarettes, or if he could play a full season, or if he was actually good at playing the game?

:lol: That's why we called him Dick LeBlow!! :rolleyes:

I remember my combine interview as if it was yesterday... :rolleyes:

Coach Lewis: Hey Kelley?

Me: yes coach?

CL: I heard you have a dance craze thats sweeping the nation!

Me: yes coach!

CL: Can you show me?

Me: yes coach! (starts to do squirrel dance)

CL: :) Thanks Kelley, that was great! I might draft you on that alone! Now, what about your neck?

Me: My neck; my back, my neck and my back?

CL: :lol: Geez Kelley, you're as funny as your are a great WR! and a SS to boot!

me: :D Awww, thanks coach! Coach Lewis, don't be worryin' bout my neck, I promise as soon as you draft me, Ill skip a Pre Season game to get it re-confirmed....

CL: That's exactly what I wanted to hear....Kelley, I have a thing for injured players, I have a soft spot in my heart for them.... :)

me: Coach, Im not hurt, I just showed you my squirrel dance.

CL: Oh yeah, yeah, I forgot.... :P

me: It's cool man, it's cool.... B)

CL: Kelley, you might as well consider yourself a Bengal!

me: :(

CL: What's wrong Kelley?

me: but i'm a squirrel coach!

CL: :blink: (What a moron.....)

Seriously Chris, that was an awesome movie.  Still the best football movie of all time, I think.

I nominate "The Longest Yard" or "North Dallas Fourty".

I'm 25, and I have to agree with "North Dallas Fourty". Age doesn't matter here. Definitely rent this Kirk. Kick's "The Program"'s ass.

Does anyone wonder how Nick Nolte prepares for a film? It sounds like he gargles with glass before every scene.

Seriously Chris, that was an awesome movie.  Still the best football movie of all time, I think.

I nominate "The Longest Yard" or "North Dallas Fourty".

I'm 25, and I have to agree with "North Dallas Fourty". Age doesn't matter here. Definitely rent this Kirk. Kick's "The Program"'s ass.

Does anyone wonder how Nick Nolte prepares for a film? It sounds like he gargles with glass before every scene.

I'll check it out.