The Yankees

BengalszoneBilly

Are the Yankees actions good or bad for the game?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Yankees actions good or bad for the game?

• Yes it is, they're playing within' the rules as they are written.
    • No it's not, it's just extending the divide between the big and small market teams.

It's bad....But it's not just the Yankees....The money these players are getting paid just makes me sick...every owner that gave a player hundreds of millions to play has given baseball a giant f'you...Get rind of every player, some of the owners and get some people that just want to play the game money be damned, and a salery cap!!! and mandatory drug testing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do that, I just might be a fan again.....

I don't fault the Yankees. I fault the system; the same system EVERY owner voted for!

And now they are reaping what they sowed!! So much for these men of money allegedly being educated. Fools and their money will soon be parted. It just seems Stienbrenner has more to part with!! He's obviously not your "all around fool", is he? B)

You can not blame the Yankees ( and I hate the Yankees like everyone else) but they are doing what they have to do, make their team better than everyone else. Plus they are not losing money. If any other team had their money and resources they would be doing the same thing. Boston try to make the same trade and back then it was not that big of a deal.

As good as this makes there line up they still have questions with their starting pitching and pitching is what wins in October.

As good as this makes there line up they still have questions with their starting pitching and pitching is what wins in October.

Oh sooo very true!! That's the very thing that let them down last World Series!

You know, money isn't an issue in Cincinnati if we compare the income of both owners. Linder is an extremely wealthy man, especially after he SOLD his Provident Bank branches.. could this move towards the Reds? Could this be a fund creation to develop a winner on the field? Could this be a preview for selling the Reds? Man MY HEAD IS SPINNING!

Linder is worth 1.3 Billion ranked 179 in Americas top 400. Guess what? Steinbrenner isn't even listed!

Baseball's boring now anyway.........Before I Marvin drafted me, I used to play for the Marlin's though, I wish I had my World Series ring.... :angry: I guess I'll just have to win a super bowl ring....

Henson said baseball sucks, I wish Adam Dunny would play football too.....Bo Knows he shoulda stayed in Baseball, he hates the Bengals with a passion...

I think if my stint doesnt work out with the Bengals, Ill go back to the Marlins, or Ill be a dance choreographer, teaching everyone the nuances of the hottest dance craze sweeping the nation...the Squirrel Dance :D

I've gotta sign autographs now guys.....and p.s. We don't need anymore WR's, I'm on the team...

I think if my stint doesnt work out with the Bengals, Ill go back to the Marlins, or Ill be a dance choreographer, teaching everyone the nuances of the hottest dance craze sweeping the nation...the Squirrel Dance :D

I've gotta sign autographs now guys.....and p.s. We don't need anymore WR's, I'm on the team...

Dude, are you yankin' our collective chains here, or are you the real deal? I don't know what the hell to think. Cool if ya are! No other players I know hang here. :blink:

Hey!! You guy's aren't voting as much as you're commenting!! What gives? :blink:

Just got back ..... and voted.

I'm the yes vote by the way. I was swayed by a novel approach taken by Mike Celizic on MSNBC.com sports. It's his opinion that Mr. Steinbrenners actions exemplify everything that's wrong with the system, and while that should make what he's doing bad, it makes it good because he's basically failed to achieve his goals of World Series Championships.

As he put it, Steinbrenner tried to build an offensive machine in the 80's and failed, and so far he's 3 years and counting without a championship on this side of the millenium as well.

Now that's a different twist, and I always like a different twist in anything. Of course he doesn't take into account how many times the've been to the series but didn't win, but it's still a valid point. I think he didn't take it far enough. He's already got one owner so pissed he went off on him in public, and if a few more start feeling the same way then he could unwittingly be a catalyst for the change that we all know is needed. Course it would've been a whole lot more convincing coming from someone other than the second place finisher in the A - Rod sweepstakes, but he's on the right track even if it is for the wrong reason.

Eventually this could lead to meaningful changes in the cap etc. that the large market teams are exploiting so badly ................ now if only we could figure out something to do about the Lindners of the sports world as well ..... B)

baseball wil be completely insegnificant in 25 years. :(

try 5!

People have been predicting the demise of baseball literally since it got started.

Baseball has had troubles with owners ......... drugs ........ gambling ..... and on field violence much worse in years past, and its still not only around, but still recognized as the national pass time.

Baseball has survived through it all before, and it will this time too. I'd rather believe that you'd see us in the Series in 5 years than I would that baseball will be irrelevant.

Welcome back RedsFan! I know the country runs great doing what you do, which in my estimates is an awfully thankless job, but vital to our country nonetheless.

Baseball has had troubles with owners ......... drugs ........ gambling ..... and on field violence much worse in years past, and its still not only around, but still recognized as the national pass time.

Well look at it this way.. I think the gambling bit has been all but decimated in baseball (other than Rose), the drugs issue with be the forefront problem which could reduce use and any doubts as players called into question during the BALCO investigation. Owners will with the Yankees (who are doing the BEST THING POSSIBLE) buying teams come to their senses and actually take a tough stance in a labor agreement once the current one expires.

I truly believe once Selig is out of office, baseball will become great again.

I'd rather believe that you'd see us in the Series in 5 years than I would that baseball will be irrelevant.

Here here [raising my big ass mug of beer to that]

I'm the yes vote by the way. I was swayed by a novel approach taken by Mike Celizic on MSNBC.com sports. It's his opinion that Mr. Steinbrenners actions exemplify everything that's wrong with the system, and while that should make what he's doing bad, it makes it good because he's basically failed to achieve his goals of World Series Championships.

As he put it, Steinbrenner tried to build an offensive machine in the 80's and failed, and so far he's 3 years and counting without a championship on this side of the millenium as well.

Yea, I believe I caught that too. Difference is while he hasn't won it in a while (on Georgie's terms), he still has gotten there more than any team since that time. I think most teams want to get to the series first and then win it.

I love it that George is defying the system, I love it that he's making the agreement absolutely pointless. If we remember there was one owner who voted against the agreement as it stood. Any guesses? Yea, it was George. I love baseball is such a horrible state of mind, and I love it that baseball is viewed as a joke and irrelevant. I love it all because it will only force either Butthead Selig out of office, or force a revision in the agreement which I hope starts with an enforced and strict drug policy and salary cap restrictions. BOY AM I DREAMING OR WHAT?