what fa might cost us

AGrizzlyBaer

Why isn't there any movement on Rudi yet? Seems they should have signed him a day after the seaon was over to give him no choice.

I think that there just isn't a need for it to be at this point and time. I don't think Rudi wants to leave, and I don't think Marvin would let it happen. They are working with the money figures in the big picture to see how they can best improve the team through the draft/free agent market. It's just a matter of time though. B)

Why isn't there any movement on Rudi yet? Seems they should have signed him a day after the seaon was over to give him no choice.

I'll bet the agent is stalling until more general interest calls on Rudi to drive his value upwards. No need for Rudi to sign for awhile plus it would benefit him more to wait until other teams put a bid on him after March 3rd.

That'd be kinda cool since I am a University of Louisville fan. Plus he'd be a major runblocker. Something the Bengals need :blink:

Supposedly there have been negotiations. I wouldn't mind seeing us giving him the highest tender which brings a 1st and 3rd round pick if we don't match his offer. If he receives an outrageous offer then we can replace him from a good pool of RB's in the draft. If we keep him, he only costs 2 million against the cap and we will get to see how he does as the featured running back for the entire year.

The only downside to this is if he has an amazing year and costs us even more to sign him next year.

I love Rudi. Good clubhouse presence. Team-first guy, who showed some great stuff last year...

But he's got to get better. Everybody was talking up Antowain Smith when he went for 1000 for New England. What has he done since? Would anybody lay big money down for this guy?

I definitely think Rudi is a hard-worker, and could become a great back in this league. The truth is, he's not...YET. He's also young. If we can't get the goods for Dillon, I say make Dillon the feature back (if he's healthy), keep Rudi with a good contract and groom him (with more carries than the usual # 2 back), until he takes over.

With last year's teamperformance, and naming Corey the #1 guy, he won't be so quick to want to leave, and we have the future with Rudi when Corey's contract is up.

I know this might be an issue money-wise, but I think they can figure this out cap-wise. Corey's always had attitude. It's just amplified with the job Rudi did. If Marvin thinks Corey won't be a chemistry problem, I say keep him. Marvin knows the situation much better.

If he causes problems, I definitely want to see him gone, but if he comes into camp ready to win, happy, and not causing problems (and if fitting him and Rudi under the cap is possible), we have an incredible situation at running back for now and the future.

You know what? I'd really like to see the two-headed monster....but Corey acts like a bitch.....I don't think Rudi had a problem with it....it was just Corey whining and crying all day.....that would've really been something though.....I wish we were able to implement it...ah well ;)

The really really funny thing about Corey and Rudi is, that they're supposed to be best friends according to the both of them...

Cincinnati hasn't had a legitmate 2-headed monster since the days of Brooks and Woods. We should have had 2 1000 yard backs in '88... Pisses me off even to this day that the Browns have that over us....(byner and Mack )... :angry: