Why We Sucked For So Long

HoosierCat

My wife always wonders why, when I sitting in front of my computer, I will occasionally break out into shouts of anger and bang my head against the wall (ouch...that hurts :)). It's because every so often bengals.com offers up nuggets like this one, buried all the way at the bottom of hobson's interview with warrick:

GH: Coach Simmons said you had never been taught how to read a punt while it’s in the air? I think the only one you dropped this year came in Baltimore.

PDUB: He just taught me this year. I got better as the year went on.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! BAM! BAM! BAM!

I hope a tornado hits Al Roberts' house every friggin' year! (property damage only, of course... ;) )

My wife always wonders why, when I sitting in front of my computer, I will occasionally break out into shouts of anger and bang my head against the wall (ouch...that hurts :)). It's because every so often bengals.com offers up nuggets like this one, buried all the way at the bottom of hobson's interview with warrick:
GH: Coach Simmons said you had never been taught how to read a punt while it’s in the air? I think the only one you dropped this year came in Baltimore.

I hope a tornado hits Al Roberts' house every friggin' year! (property damage only, of course... ;) )

Dude, you need a nice lengthy vacation. :D

I can't believe Peter has been returning punts this long and not until this year had anyone ever told him how to judge punts while there in the air. Wow I am shocked. Well it just goes to show you that coaching and bad draft choices made the Bengals the way they were in the 1990s. Finally now we have a coach and quality people around Lewis to finally contend for the playoffs and the Superbowl. Go Bengals and kick the crap out of the rest the division next season.

B

It really does come down to coaching. Especially in today's NFL where every team has the talent to be a contender.

Marvin came in and put the right focus on the program and voila, you are a contender once again.

ANother example is the Ravens of '96 and '97, we had ol' Ted Marchibroda coaching us and he/we had no direction whatsoever. We had 5 or 6 probowlers and it wasn't until Billick came in '98 that our team took off.

Who needed good coaches when the front office was claiming guys off waivers who weren't eligible to play due to violating the leagues drug policy ?????

B) Gee ......... no wonder the guy was avaliable.