Week 6 at Tennessee

Hey guys hows it going?

This game will be interesting. If we come to play it will be close but if we dont it should be a blowout. I think Cincy will come away with the W, however, maybe 27-17.

Only thing yall should be worried about is Kyle Vanden Bosch and our special teams. If the game comes down to field position then we might have the upper hand.

Anyways, good luck to yall and for those of you that are coming to Nashville if you need any help with anything just ask and Ill try to answer. :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good old Greek mythology. It can be groovy, but if you're not fond of playing games on your calculator, or rolling dice for every action in life, then you're not likely to care.

Hey now! I'll have you know that I never have played Dungeons and Dragons or similar "rolling dice for every action in life" game. I'm not that bad. :shocking:

Okay, so how bout dem Bengals?

Cronus/Saturn was a Titan and the father of Zeus/Jupiter. Because Cronus had been told his son would overtake him, he would swallow his children after they were born. Zeus survived because his mother Rhea gave Cronus a stone wrapped up in baby clothes instead of Zeus. And then Zeus grew up, battled his father, set his siblings free, went on with the other Olympians to cast out the Titans and the rest is mythology.

And on a technical note (as if it weren't already), Chronos or Kronos wasn't a Titan. Don't get him confused with Cronus/Saturn. Chronos was a personification of time and in the lineage of everything, he preceeded the Titans.

I am amazed how much the mythology I studied in school has stuck. There are so many things that I want to remember that I can't because all the space is taken up with Greek myth!! :confused:

I love it!!! We get a lesson in Greek mythology while talking football! I think it's great!! :D

It's good old Greek mythology. It can be groovy, but if you're not fond of playing games on your calculator, or rolling dice for every action in life, then you're not likely to care.

Hey now! I'll have you know that I never have played Dungeons and Dragons or similar "rolling dice for every action in life" game. I'm not that bad. :shocking:

Okay, so how bout dem Bengals?

I know, just kidding. Intended no slights to any of those talking about mytholoy. I find it interesting myself. :P

For what it's worth, I make fun of the "dice rollers" about as much as I make fun of Tennessee Titans fans! How was that for a segue back to the topic? ... Not very good, huh? Oh, well. How about this instead? Just like the Titans were pwned by the Olympians, we're going to go to Tennessee with our own Olympians: Carsonicus (god of thrown objects), Chadeus (god of smack), and Rudicles (god of running people over)? .... I'm going to shut up now.

For what it's worth, I make fun of the "dice rollers" about as much as I make fun of Tennessee Titans fans! How was that for a segue back to the topic? ... Not very good, huh? Oh, well. How about this instead? Just like the Titans were pwned by the Olympians, we're going to go to Tennessee with our own Olympians: Carsonicus (god of thrown objects), Chadeus (god of smack), and Rudicles (god of running people over)? .... I'm going to shut up now.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

i got a free ticket for the game from my cousin that lives in nashville so i got a plane ticket and am going to the game!!! we won when i was in chicago so they gotta win when im in tennessee. lets go bengals gdi!!!

btw anyone else going to the game?

I will be there. If you see a guy in Chad Johnson jersey holding hands with a girl in a McNair jersey, then you'll know it's me :lol:

So anyways... :P

Chris Brown gashed them on cutback runs last year, and as the game approaches I'm growing ever the more concerned.

I'm pinning hopes on the Bengals getting the jump on them. Be it via a quick offensive strike up top, or some kinda turnover.

They have to do something big early to get the crowd, and the running back out of the equation.

Sounds like the formula they've used in their previous wins.

Thing about the turnovers is that McNair's a savvy vet and probably won't try to force anything. Then again, a Culpepper situation could occur because he's not exactly surrounded by greatness.

This is a scary game, but I think they can come out of it with a scary win.

Bengals 28

Titans 23

On McNair...

He is more mobile then he was last season having dropped about 15 pounds. Weird thing with him is, if he sees pressure coming up the middle he panicks... but around the ends he can get away quite easily and without hesitation. So it depends on how your interior d-line plays and how badly Benji Olsen (our LG) is hurt (lower leg).

Basically our offense revolves around the tighet ends and their effect on the safeties. They are always open but the difference is, and you saw it from both aspects the last two weeks, what the safeties do. Our TE's will catch passes but will the safeties move up to prevent it or will they stay back and keep defending the long ball? If they move up to cover the tight ends (like the Texans' did) then going over the top is an option. If they stay true (as the Colts did) there wont be a play on the deep routes.

4 out of 5 times I'll pick the Bengals to win.

This is that 1 time I won't, like last year vs. the Titans.

The Bengals have turned the corner to playoff team and will give themselves a chance to contend for a Super Bowl, but this Sunday's game is as close to a Super Bowl game as the Titans will have this year.

Jeff Fisher just got his 100th win and the Titans are looking for back-to-back wins for the 1st time since 2003. He will have every player on his team completely focused and playing beyond their abilities.

The TEs are an absolute mismatch vs. the Bengals D and the run D should have less success w/ Chris Brown than they had with Fred Taylor. Pac Man will likely shorten the field considerably for McNair whenever the Bengals kick off.

The Titans D won't stop the Bengals offensive juggernaut but they'll proly pull out what they need when they need it. Fisher will see to it.

Titans 31 Bengals 27

The Bengals have turned the corner to playoff team and will give themselves a chance to contend for a Super Bowl, but this Sunday's game is as close to a Super Bowl game as the Titans will have this year.

Jeff Fisher just got his 100th win and the Titans are looking for back-to-back wins for the 1st time since 2003. He will have every player on his team completely focused and playing beyond their abilities.

The TEs are an absolute mismatch vs. the Bengals D and the run D should have less success w/ Chris Brown than they had with Fred Taylor. Pac Man will likely shorten the field considerably for McNair whenever the Bengals kick off.

The Titans D won't stop the Bengals offensive juggernaut but they'll proly pull out what they need when they need it. Fisher will see to it.

Titans 31 Bengals 27

I am now dumber for having read that post

:wacko:

Titans 31 Bengals 27

I am now dumber for having read that post

:wacko:

Why? Everything said there makes perfect sense. We all saw how the Bengals struggled on Sunday night, and the Titans will be looking to exploit our weaknesses. If we don't jump out to an early lead on their poor defense and cut off the running game, then we have a good chance of losing this one. I don't expect to lose, simply because of the lopsided talent advantage for the Bengals. Still, there is nothing wrong with the points made in that post.

I expected to win last week, but if we had to get a loss, Im relieved that it was last week, because it will motivate them to play harder this week.

(Pissed off) Bengals win 27- 13.

This surge of emotion will lead them through the rest of the year. DO NOT PANIC, WE'LL BE ALRIGHT

Please elaborate on why in the world 1.) this game is as close to the superbowl the Titans will have and 2.) how this actually matters. Isn't it another game in a long NFL season?

So, the Bengals will lose because Fisher will have his team more focused than Marvin will have his team? This doesn't make any sense. So, because the Titans beat the TEXANS last week, Jeff will pull out some secret potion that will turn all of his players into supermen? Yeah, that's logical.

Their TEs might have success, but TE success does not necessarily a game win. Chris Brown better than Fred Taylor?! C'mon. Pac Man will probably turn into a good player, but the kid is still a rook and remember that he got owned not too long ago. Will he make some plays? Probably. Will he also make some mistakes? Probably.

So Jeff Fisher will again pull out the super Jedi mind trick and will his team to victory? Please.

It may very well be that the Bengals lose. Anything is possible on any given Sunday, but saying that Jeff Fisher will just work magic for his team to win isn't analysis. I think I'm going to go back to my Greek mythology for a while. ^_^

After 2 straight weeks of our O sleeping on the job, Coach Lew and the Brat figure out a way to bring back the eye of the tiger and the go bezerk by scoring 42 in the first half.

Chad catches for over 200 yards and dry humps the goal post...a man can dream can't he?

nasalsnack9ir.jpg

Plain and simple... this team should have won last week... and will be pissed. I wouldn't want to be the Titans this week. They pulled out a win against the worst team in the NFL. Let's not get crazy and think the Bengals will lose.

Two road games in a row are hard... so many predicted we'd come out with 1 loss. We lost it Sunday. This week, we rebound.