Ghiaciuc

52 members have voted

1. 1. How did Ghiaciuc do in his first game?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

I'll give him a B+, but it is very close to that A-. Early on, he struggled a bit, as expected. When Marcus Stroud sacked Palmer, that pretty much set the tempo for the rest of the game. Ghiaciuc really settled into the game after that, and it feels good to have even more solid depth on the line.

Sorry, I couldn't give the kid an A due to the way he got blown backwards at least 2 or 3 yards on the critical short yardage 4th down attempt.

Solid B.

You need to look at the 4th down again. He had great push its just that play took so long to develop that linebackers knifed in after the initial block and made the tackle. Rudi is too slow for something like that. I'm not try to knock Rudi here because I love seeing him run over people, but if that would have been a QB sneak or a hand off to Perry they would have got the first down easily. The blocking was there.

Sorry, I couldn't give the kid an A due to the way he got blown backwards at least 2 or 3 yards on the critical short yardage 4th down attempt.

Solid B.

You need to look at the 4th down again. He had great push its just that play took so long to develop that linebackers knifed in after the initial block and made the tackle. Rudi is too slow for something like that. I'm not try to knock Rudi here because I love seeing him run over people, but if that would have been a QB sneak or a hand off to Perry they would have got the first down easily. The blocking was there.

Look at it again. He was destroyed on that play. Overall, the kid did o.k., but on that 4th down, you may as well had Brad St. Louis at center. But, it should not have been a 4th down anyway, that was a terrible spot.