Ken Griffey Jr.

BengalszoneBilly

As I said in a related thread, when Junior came aboard a few years ago, I was thinking he's the man to help Cincy turn the corner and return to the post season playoffs. I've suffered with it ever since. It's soooo much promise unfulfilled. I believe HE HAS to be all he can be THIS YEAR!

Was he trying too hard to please the fans? Was he over hyped to begin with coming from Seattle? What the hell happened? :blink:

Don't say break to loud, he may go on the injured list :D

Talk about wasted potential. It's really sad actually. If he can't stay healthy he should just retire.

That's why I think he's trying too hard. He's built tough enough, I just think he's maybe putting too much pressure on himself to excell here in Cincinnati. He grew up watching his dad play for the Big Red Machine, and he may feel it's his duty to bring that sort of success back to the Queen City!

He just doesn't seem like a fragile person physically to me! :blink:

Steroids make you brittle!!! :blink:

Sorry, I don't think that Junior is on the juice, but until the MLB is able to ban them and strictly test for them you'll always have to wonder.........

Steroids make you brittle!!! :blink:

Sorry, I don't think that Junior is on the juice, but until the MLB is able to ban them and strictly test for them you'll always have to wonder.........

Yeah...and people are worried about Pete's gambling compared to this monster that already has the sport in it's death throes. Perspective, perspective, perspective. A hard commodity to come by these days. <_<

Yeah...and people are worried about Pete's gambling compared to this monster that already has the sport in it's death throes. Perspective, perspective, perspective. A hard commodity to come by these days. 

Well you can thank the players and Union for the 'roids problem in baseball. they are the ones that are preventing it, baseball wants drug testing. The gambling issue negatively gave baseball a bad name in 1919, thus a rule was installed. Roids never really made it negative (while we all know they were probably in the game) until now, it was nothing like the black sox scandal of that time. Now that more people are aware of juicing, I think baseball will do the right thing to control it.

I just don't know why it takes a month and five days to do anything.

I think baseball will do the right thing to control it.

Well they better, or baseball will be looked at as no more valid than pro wrestling!! (Now I've probably pissed off a bunch of WWF fans here! Oh hell with it! What has 100 legs, and 40 teeth? The ringside audience at a WWF match!!) :lol::lol::lol:

Well they better, or baseball will be looked at as no more valid than pro wrestling!! (Now I've probably pissed off a bunch of WWF fans here! Oh hell with it! What has 100 legs, and 40 teeth? The ringside audience at a WWF match!!)

OK, I like wrestling; it's just fun entertainment. But that was the funniest thing I've read in my entire life. Props goes to Billy for nomination of BengalsZone.com Quote of the Year. LOL

Well you can thank the players and Union for the 'roids problem in baseball. they are the ones that are preventing it, baseball wants drug testing.

Now that more people are aware of juicing, I think baseball will do the right thing to control it.

I'm subject to drug testing per the F.A.A. in my job, and I don't get paid anywhere near what they do. You watch, as soon as drug testing is implemented, all these home run record breakers will disappear.

As far as baseball doing the right thing, well I HOPE they do, but I'm not certain they can beat the union on this one. It's also going to take a hell of alot longer than a month and five days to do it too!

As far as baseball doing the right thing, well I HOPE they do, but I'm not certain they can beat the union on this one. It's also going to take a hell of alot longer than a month and five days to do it too!

As part of the agreement signed last season, baseball and the union agreed to a "test" period in which baseball would randomly test players during spring training and if 5% of players that were tested and tested postively, they would enforce some sort of policy and testing. The kicker is, these players being tested in spring training were notified in advance. Guess what? More than 5% of the players tested positive, so now Baseball can impliment a policy that has Union backing. Whether this is done yet or not I don't know and perhaps we will not know for awhile.

As part of the agreement signed last season, baseball and the union agreed to a "test" period in which baseball would randomly test players during spring training and if 5% of players that were tested and tested postively, they would enforce some sort of policy and testing. The kicker is, these players being tested in spring training were notified in advance. Guess what? More than 5% of the players tested positive, so now Baseball can impliment a policy that has Union backing. Whether this is done yet or not I don't know and perhaps we will not know for awhile.

So, baseball players are dumb and stupid?

They were given advance notice and still failed? How do you do that? Pro bodybuilders can pass a drug test and they'd have heaps more roids in them than baseball players...The whole steroid thing just pisses me off....Give Maris his record back....I'm sorry, the records are tainted beyond belief...I mean Bonds personal trainer has just been busted for steroids...hmmm....That's bullox....

Man the NFL doesn't let you take some legal supplements....But Baseball you can get the good stuff....what a load of s**t.

Kind of ironic that you say that it is his make or break season because when I hear Ken Griffey Jr and break in the same sentance it is not a goog thing. At least the last few years.

C'mon...Odds are odds, and it can't go on forever!! B)

I know. I do not think that it will happen again but everytime I hear Griffey and break I do not like it. I want to see the outfield of Kearns, Griffey and Dunn together for the whole season. If they play together for the majority of the season I think they are at least contending for third in the division.

Kind of ironic that you say that it is his make or break season because when I hear Ken Griffey Jr and break in the same sentance it is not a goog thing.  At least the last few years.

C'mon...Odds are odds, and it can't go on forever!! B)

I agree. We need to hope that Kearns stays healthy too, both of his full seasons he's been hurt towards the end. And for gods sakes, keep Dunn out of the top of the lineup!

I said last season that it was Griffey's year, and next thing I know, he's out for months and never fully recovered. I think it's best that we all look away when Griffey becomes the topic so we'll be surprised that he has a full season.