Pre-Season Position Thoughts

Kirkendall

Here we go, Reds talk.. lets go red legs!

BTW - I kept it short and sweet.

1B - Casey. I think he's the club house leader, a real asset within the team; moreso than the field.

2B - Jimenez. Heard that he played in the fall league (maybe even winter ball) and word has it (from Marty B.) that's an absolute rock right now. He's hitting very well and has lost a lot of weight. He could be the best leadoff guy we have. Just found his winter league stats. In 38 games, he batted .360 with 2 HRs and 20 RBIs.

SS - Larkin. Still the man, should be Lopez's year for learning, we'll forgive last season, eh?

3B -

LF - Dunn. Learn how to hit strikes and learn how to stay off the pitches outside the k-zone. Not the opposite. Plus don't leadoff, that was embarrassing. If his hitting doesn't improve, trade him and get quality pitching prospects.

CF - Griffey. It's either 'about damned time' or 'here we go again' I vote for the first.

RF - Kearns. Really needs to have an injury free season or his stock is going to drop and wouldn't mind trading for the right pitching prospects.

Pitching - Need some.

Other notes, Willy Mo in 27 games batted .182 with 1 bomb and 5 rbis.

Ray Olmedo in 33 games batted .324 with 14 RBIs

Stephen Smitherman in 24 games, batted .295 with 3 homers, 20 rbis and 3 SB.

Could you please re print the message ????? Something is wrong with my computer, and it showed a blank spot at 3rd base.

Dunn had a sophmore slump that was more the result of meddling by BaBoone than anything else. I don't know that I've seen a worse mangaer anywhere or anywhen. Dunn needs to stay in a Reds uniform.

Kearns - Boone strikes again. The guy was hurt and he kept getting played. The fact that he didn't complain doesn't wash with me. He's a competitive pro athlete. He's not going to tell you when he's hurt, and that's why he needs a manager that does something other than say " you OK kid ??? ".

Kearns stays.

Griffey - Can't defend it other than a gut feeling, but letting him go just feels wrong to me.

When they're all healthy, that's an outfield as good as any and better than most.

Have high hopes for Olmedo ........ Smitherman .......... Jimmenez .......... Claussen.

Wily Mo Pena needs to go the same way Nash did. ...... gone.

Forgot about Casey .......... gotta have Casey.

We've got a farm team that is the equal of the Yankees and Braves. Neither of which is my favorite, but you got to give credit where its due. Hoefully, this year and next are when we see some of these prospects show up and start to live up to expectations. Then we need to get payroll to lock them in to long term contracts.

We've got a farm team that is the equal of the Yankees and Braves. Neither of which is my favorite, but you got to give credit where its due. Hoefully, this year and next are when we see some of these prospects show up and start to live up to expectations. Then we need to get payroll to lock them in to long term contracts.

I agree and some credit should go to Bowdon the in the disgraceful way he was let go. It was classless and he should have been given until the end of the season. Anyway, the only thing that concerns me about our farm is once they reach the majors, they seem to be let go because they "possibly" could command too much $ from arbitration.

I am so ready for Baseball.

God I can't stand it !!!!!!!!!!

Same here man.. same here.

Sure Billy, here you go:

AAA - Louisville Bats

AA - Chattanooga Lookouts

A - Potomac Cannons

A - Dayton Dragons (I go to these a few times a year and it's one of the best baseball experience I've had in years.

R - Billings Mustangs.

There is a new one in Florance Kentucky, but I'm not sure if it's Reds affilated.

Sure Billy, here you go:

AAA - Louisville Bats

AA - Chattanooga Lookouts

A - Potomac Cannons

A - Dayton Dragons (I go to these a few times a year and it's one of the best baseball experience I've had in years.

R - Billings Mustangs.

There is a new one in Florance Kentucky, but I'm not sure if it's Reds affilated.

Damn! I was hoping there was one out here Arizona way! Guess the only way I'll see anything of the Reds is when they visit Arizona to play the Diamondbacks. I hate to say it but the D-backs have OWNED the Reds for a while now! I also must confess that after watching the D-backs from their birth, I've developed an affinity for them. Their World Series Win over the hated Yankees a couple years ago was cause for a joyus celebration out here!!

Hell, last year when the Marlin's spanked the "Spankies" was also cause for a joyus celebration!! :D