Levi

JBrooks

Oh man, If he can't whip a cop, night stick or not, he's gonna have problems with a full sized lineman comin' at him! He must have been hammered! :(

B) You have a very .......... original, point of view on this. Don't like to see any of our guys in the paper over stuff like this, but guys his age do get into scuffles in bars. Hammered or not, I'm just as glad that he didn't beat up the nice officer.

Before any of you point out that I just made a post about thugs in sports, let me say that I'll admit to a ceratin bias because he's a Bengal. On the other hand, he was in a bar scuffle. Scuffle .... not riot, nobody got stabbed, shot, or raped.

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of the local constables up close and personal, and I'm positive that a lot of you here have as well. That's due more to a hormone imbalance .. common at that age because your glands aren't synchronized yet more than anything else. There's a big difference between that and a felony.

I have nothing personal against law enforcement types...EXCEPT they are the biggest bunch of "Do as I say, not as I do" folks outside of Catholic Priests, and TV Evangelists. I grew up with what are now two police officers. Last time I saw them, I was sitting in the back seat of HIS personal car fetching HIM beers while we drove the streets of the Greater Cincinnati area. I lost count early on of the laws we broke. Each time I mentioned it, it brought nothing but laughter from him and my other cop buddy, hence their "them against us" mentality.

I just try to avoid them on the whole. So far so good. <_<

At least he didn't hit any one with beer bottles or tie up his roomate and beat him up like Little did when he was at UC. I don't think is that serious and probably will be wiped away with nice sum of cash. Did anyone watch the post game report with Michael Irvin? What a crack head. Did anyone understand anything that he was saying? His mind jumps around a lot when he is broadcasting. It just goes to show you if you smoke crack and play football you will always have a job in the NFL or Espn.

B

I have nothing personal against law enforcement types...EXCEPT they are the biggest bunch of "Do as I say, not as I do" folks outside of Catholic Priests, and TV Evangelists. I grew up with what are now two police officers. Last time I saw them, I was sitting in the back seat of HIS personal car fetching HIM beers while we drove the streets of the Greater Cincinnati area. I lost count early on of the laws we broke. Each time I mentioned it, it brought nothing but laughter from him and my other cop buddy, hence their "them against us" mentality.

I just try to avoid them on the whole. So far so good. <_<

When I lived in VA. I had a similar type of story told to me by a young guy who worked with the DA's office. It concerned how many deer these guys had taken ..... including does which was well over the limit. Basically the same thing that they and their buddies ( troopers ) would have locked up and prosecuted you and I for.

I know it goes on, but I'd like to think that its the exception rather than the rule. Maybe not, but I hope so. The guys I interact with most are DOT and Troopers, and they ( for the most part ) seem pretty decent. Every now and then you get a wise ass, but I'm betting they could say the same thing about drivers and be just as accurate.

When I lived in VA. I had a similar type of story told to me by a young guy who worked with the DA's office. It concerned how many deer these guys had taken ..... including does which was well over the limit. Basically the same thing that they and their buddies ( troopers ) would have locked up and prosecuted you and I for.

I know it goes on, but I'd like to think that its the exception rather than the rule. Maybe not, but I hope so. The guys I interact with most are DOT and Troopers, and they ( for the most part ) seem pretty decent. Every now and then you get a wise ass, but I'm betting they could say the same thing about drivers and be just as accurate.

It may very well be it's just as it was in the 'Corps with us. You always have your 10% that can't get with the program. I don't believe it's any different in any facet of life. That rule always seems to hold true. We may be looking at the Bengals 10% in the guise of Mr. Jones. This is his first transgression that I'm aware of. If it's his last, then I would list him with the other 90%. We all trip up sometimes in our lives. Pete Rose may have some valuable input at this point! :lol:

Okay...I'm weaving too many topics in this thread. I'm heading back to the "General Discussions" forum where I don't have to pay so much mind to my meandering thoughts! :D

I really doubt that 1 barroom blitz indicates a problem with Levi. He's 24 fer chrissakes. I'd be a lot more concerned if he didn't exhibit the occassional testosterone overload. They're cute when they're that age ..... aren't they?

The real reason that he won't be a problem is that we've already seen what Marvin Lewis does with attitude and discipline problems. They go work for somebody else. I like that about him.

I really doubt that 1 barroom blitz indicates a problem with Levi. He's 24 fer chrissakes. I'd be a lot more concerned if he didn't exhibit the occassional testosterone overload. They're cute when they're that age ..... aren't they?

The real reason that he won't be a problem is that we've already seen what Marvin Lewis does with attitude and discipline problems. They go work for somebody else. I like that about him.

I too don't think he's got a problem. As long as this doesn't continue with regularity! I doubt it will. I've had a couple bar room altercations myself. None since I got out of the Marines. The few fights I've have had since have been a private parties involving women, and some guy thinking he was her boyfriend. And no, I didn't win all of them. The ones I did win, he was hammered, and vice versa for the one's I got my butt kicked in. Welcome to the wonderful world of testosterone and aclohol! :lol:

Oh man, If he can't whip a cop, night stick or not, he's gonna have problems with a full sized lineman comin' at him! He must have been hammered!  :(

B) You have a very .......... original, point of view on this. Don't like to see any of our guys in the paper over stuff like this, but guys his age do get into scuffles in bars. Hammered or not, I'm just as glad that he didn't beat up the nice officer.

I agree redsee. I don't care what you think of the police. The reality is they have authority in the eyes of the government and as such one should heed their requests. :(

If they ask for you to bend over then you might get to cash in. :unsure:

I like to believe most are just doing their job the best they can and of course certain priviledges come with the territory. <_<

Oh man, If he can't whip a cop, night stick or not, he's gonna have problems with a full sized lineman comin' at him! He must have been hammered!  :(

I agree redsee. I don't care what you think of the police. The reality is they have authority in the eyes of the government and as such one should heed their requests. :(

If they ask for you to bend over then you might get to cash in. :unsure:

I like to believe most are just doing their job the best they can and of course certain priviledges come with the territory. <_<

Yeah ....... calls like this are always tough to make. I've had police ( state and local ) go way out of their way to help me out, I've had run ins where I was dead wrong, and I've had others that out and out harassed me for no reason.

All of our vocations have one thing in common with the police. Some are really good guys you'd sit down and have a drink with ................ and others are jerks that I wouldn't have anything to say to even if I saw a train heading for them.

There's good and bad everywhere and in all walks of life. We kinda need them so we can have a gauge to measure ourselves by when we wonder if we're being a**h***s or not. B)

He shouldn't have been in that scenario in the first place. But of course we'll never hear the true story because he'll say this and they'll say that, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Let me say this, I know my view on this may get some attacks, but the hell with it. I'm sick and tired of athletes always being in this position; and I'm sure Marvin and Mikey are a bit more peeved at the whole ordeal. I take this view on all athletes, not just Bengals and don't make an exceptions.

According to Levi's lawyer, the arrest report is in question ,because the police weren't even sure if he was part of the fight or not. Witnesses stated he was trying to stop the fight when a policeman grabbed him, and Levi defended himself,Not knowing who was pulling him away.

The point is, Levi Jones, is a "grown-a$$ man". He can be anywhere he wants,that's his right... and less we forget..

A man is presumed innocent until proven guilty...So it's not another case of an athlete getting a upper hand !!

The notion has always been since the mid 90's.. that a professional athlete is guilty .. till he gets a high priced lawyer that gets him off.