" Homecoming for me "

redsfan2

Article on Bengals.com about Spikes coming to PBS next year. Evidently he didn't know it till he was asked about it by someone from the press. " Homecoming for me " he said " I've got so many friends there it'll really be a big day".

Who the hell has he been talking to that he thinks he's got so many " friends " in Cincinnati ? I do think its awful big of him to bless us with his presence again so we can all have at least one " big day " next season. Dam ..... talk about being arrogant to the point of losing touch with reality.

I don't care if I have to burn a weeks vacation, I'm going to be there so I can boo him from the time he steps onto the field till the 4th quarter ends. I hope he makes 10 tackles all at his usual 7 to 10 yards downfield and has a size 13 Rudi Johnson footprint in the middle of the 5 on his jersey.

I don't know ......... maybe its just me. Maybe he's right and I'm wrong. Are all the rest of you going to be cheering for him and yelling " Takeo. We love you " like they did in Buffalo ???? God knows he'd love to hear it, and from the sounds of it that's what he's expecting too. <_<

Who the hell has he been talking to that he thinks he's got so many " friends " in Cincinnati ? I do think its awful big of him to bless us with his presence again so we can all have at least one " big day " next season. Dam ..... talk about being arrogant to the point of losing touch with reality.

I think this more relates to his personal friends and a few team mates, not the fans; which pisses me off more.

I don't know ......... maybe its just me. Maybe he's right and I'm wrong. Are all the rest of you going to be cheering for him and yelling " Takeo. We love you " like they did in Buffalo ???? God knows he'd love to hear it, and from the sounds of it that's what he's expecting too.

I look at this on two sides.

1. As a fan, I'm pissed that he never gave Marvin Lewis that oppritunity and stayed and for that I feel personally insulted and bitter.

2. Realistically, I don't blame him one bit. How did he know that the Bengals would turn around? Just because Marvin got hired was justification from turning away from a very large contract? No, including his defense in Buffalo is pretty damned good.

So I can understand and halfway agree with his decision to move on to Buffalo.

As quoted from Bengals Report magazine in an interview with Marvin Lewis during training camp. Lewis is quoted as stating......

" Takeo and i have talked and have gotten to an understanding of each others values concerning the Bengals.Takeo believes this time is on the verge of turning the corner, but feels that his time as a professional athlete for this team has run it's course.Takeo Spikes has never dictated to me that he wasn't planning on returning to this franchise because of the coaching changes, but felt that his personal goals outweighed a decision to remain with the club."I(marvin lewis) am only interested in players that can put their personal agendas to the side for this franchise to turn into the winners that we're supposed to be,I (M.L.) believe that no one player or personell make a team successful nor is a teams success determined by one player. Takeo Spikes is a great player,but as a team we will move on without his services."

I think it's supposed to be -7 about 10 miles north of Cincy. I'm about ready to freeze my [fill in blank] off like a lizards tail

Sorry Josh. You gotta move out here to Arizona to become an official lizard. Feel free to drop your tail anytime after that. Right now in Prescott Arizona, it's 12:30 am Saturday, and it's a balmy 32 degrees.

:P

I think it's supposed to be -7 about 10 miles north of Cincy.  I'm about ready to freeze my [fill in blank] off like a lizards tail

Sorry Josh. You gotta move out here to Arizona to become an official lizard. Feel free to drop your tail anytime after that. Right now in Prescott Arizona, it's 12:30 am Saturday, and it's a balmy 32 degrees.

That's right. We pay for it from May until October with 100+ degrees, but right now (Saturday, 2:50 am), it's a brisk 48 in Surprise (NW of Phoenix). And today it will be a very bitter, but sunny, 67 degrees.

Believe it or not, we're freezing our asses off now, too. When it's 115+ in the summer, 48 is not warm.

This is our 10th summer here, hated the previous 9, wanted to get the hell out of here. Had a pool built recently and can't wait for summer - bring it on!

Wish I could join you all in taunting Spikes. Screw him.

I think it's supposed to be -7 about 10 miles north of Cincy.  I'm about ready to freeze my [fill in blank] off like a lizards tail

That's right. We pay for it from May until October with 100+ degrees, but right now (Saturday, 2:50 am), it's a brisk 48 in Surprise (NW of Phoenix). And today it will be a very bitter, but sunny, 67 degrees.

Believe it or not, we're freezing our asses off now, too. When it's 115+ in the summer, 48 is not warm.

This is our 10th summer here, hated the previous 9, wanted to get the hell out of here. Had a pool built recently and can't wait for summer - bring it on!

Where I am, I've got snow piled up 4 or 5 feet. Now that's from where I've used the snowblower to clean out the driveway and sidewalks, but that's still a pretty good amount. We've actually got about 12 to 14 inches on the ground, because its just higher than the top edge of my smaller snowthrower. Last night when I had to go out and get my friend who was stranded, it was 8 degrees, snowing, and about a 20 mph wind. I've got a Wrangler by the way, and I've been wanting to get to Arizona badly to do some off roading. Don't know that I'd want to move there, but I sure would like to visit from time to time.

The standing joke up here is that we only have 2 seasons. Winter and the 4th of July. Sometimes that's not too far off the mark.

Back to Spikes ............ Dillon gave me an idea when he threw his jersey etc. into the stands after the last game. When Spikes shows up anybody who has an old Spikes jersey should throw it at him. If they wanted to weigh it down with a couple of rocks to make sure it got there, that'd be OK too. After all he is wearing all that equipment and stuff so there's no way it'd hurt him AND it'd probably make everyone else feel a lot better in the bargain.

Same could be done for Dillon when he shows up at PBS wearing the wrong clothes. Would be kinda like throwing the other teams home run balls back onto the field in baseball. B)

Where I am, I've got snow piled up 4 or 5 feet. Now that's from where I've used the snowblower to clean out the driveway and sidewalks, but that's still a pretty good amount. We've actually got about 12 to 14 inches on the ground, because its just higher than the top edge of my smaller snowthrower. Last night when I had to go out and get my friend who was stranded, it was 8 degrees, snowing, and about a 20 mph wind. I've got a Wrangler by the way, and I've been wanting to get to Arizona badly to do some off roading. Don't know that I'd want to move there, but I sure would like to visit from time to time.

The standing joke up here is that we only have 2 seasons. Winter and the 4th of July. Sometimes that's not too far off the mark.

Back to Spikes ............ Dillon gave me an idea when he threw his jersey etc. into the stands after the last game. When Spikes shows up anybody who has an old Spikes jersey should throw it at him. If they wanted to weigh it down with a couple of rocks to make sure it got there, that'd be OK too. After all he is wearing all that equipment and stuff so there's no way it'd hurt him AND it'd probably make everyone else feel a lot better in the bargain.

Same could be done for Dillon when he shows up at PBS wearing the wrong clothes. Would be kinda like throwing the other teams home run balls back onto the field in baseball. B)

God I don't miss that weather. I lived in Detroit for three years and I used to shovel my ass off. Forget about it.

There's some awesome off-road tracks and trails. Your Wrangler would love it. I just got rid of an XJ that had a 3" lift and 31's on it. I loved the thing, the wife hated it. Now I roll around in an Explorer. It will get me where I need to go, but not where I want to go!

Up by Billy, outside Prescott, there's a State maintained off-highway trail system. It's nice up there, but what I've seen is fairly tame. Then there's the back road to Crown King and the Old Senator Highway from there atop the Bradshaw mountains into the southside of Prescott. Too many others to even start. If you every decide to come this way, I can give you some good info.

If you come in the summer, almost the entire state is in a fire restriction. Too many idiots starting forrest fires, so they either completely shut down the forrest or make you stay within a very small buffer on major fire roads only. The best place to go in the summer is the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I went with a friend last summer - the only place you could have a fire in the entire state. It took about 3 hours or so from Flagstaff. I don't know about extreme 4 wheeling, but you can get out on some fire roads that roll through awesome coutnry and you'll find camp sites with no people for miles and miles. It was amazing. We didn't have time to go but you can go all the way to the edge of the canyon. It's worth the trip.

And back to football - good idea about the jersey toss. Is security at PBS cool or would they toss your ass. Wouldn't you love to load it with nickles and quarters - or rocks! That gives me an idea for another post.

Yeah...Boobie's right. There is no shortage of Jeep clubs and Jeep trails to drive on up in these parts. I work with a couple of Jeep nuts who have their rigs emblazoned with "It's a Jeep thing". And they're right...I just don't understand.

Now back to getting on topic...I unfortunately never caught a pro football game outside of Arizona, or California. To actually attend a game at home in Cincy would be a dream come true. Especially if it was in post season play! That would be a true wet dream!! B)

Article on Bengals.com about Spikes coming to PBS next year. Evidently he didn't know it till he was asked about it by someone from the press. " Homecoming for me " he said " I've got so many friends there it'll really be a big day".

Like Coach Lewis said last year..."yep Takeo plays LB for the Bills." As far as I am concerned, it stopped being home when he bailed last year.

The only bad thing is that we weren't able to finish them off in Buffalo last year...but we did have a better record (without him) than they did (with him)! I think Dave Lapham calls that "addition by subtraction".

Like Coach Lewis said last year..."yep Takeo plays LB for the Bills." As far as I am concerned, it stopped being home when he bailed last year.

The only bad thing is that we weren't able to finish them off in Buffalo last year...but we did have a better record (without him) than they did (with him)! I think Dave Lapham calls that "addition by subtraction".

I agree 100%. Takeo don't live here no more. I take 5 that if hears his name being yelled that it won't be follwed by " we love you ".

Before their game in Buffalo he was asked about the changes that Lewis had made and how it was different now. His response was to the affect of ... what's he done ???? I don't see no changes . I just know what their record is.

One of the big changes he's going to see is that his sorry butt isn't welcome here anymore. Do a Dillon and throw his old jersey at him. :angry:

Before their game in Buffalo he was asked about the changes that Lewis had made and how it was different now. His response was to the affect of ... what's he done ???? I don't see no changes . I just know what their record is.

All I know is that Takeo will be on his fourth head coach in his pro career and Marvin Lewis has been to two Super Bowls in his career with one ring to show for it. And I think he is just getting started. :D

Yeah...Boobie's right. There is no shortage of Jeep clubs and Jeep trails to drive on up in these parts. I work with a couple of Jeep nuts who have their rigs emblazoned with "It's a Jeep thing". And they're right...I just don't understand.

Now back to getting on topic...I unfortunately never caught a pro football game outside of Arizona, or California. To actually attend a game at home in Cincy would be a dream come true. Especially if it was in post season play! That would be a true wet dream!! B)

One of my friends has the same decal at the top of his windshield. Jeepin is cool, and you'd get it if you tried it. Just what you need huh. Something else to put money and time into. My friend and I went to the Adirondacks for a Jamboree. 150 Jeeps and close to 300 people running around in the mountains on old logging roads and other things that looked more like footpaths than anything. Rained all weekend, and mud out the wazoo ............ great time just great !

Still want to check out your part of the country though. If I ever get the chance, I'll definitely take Boobie Clark up on his offer for info. The old roads out of the mountains sound great.

RedsFan,

Don't get me wrong. I love the outdoors. It's just that once I get to the trail head, unless it's a mountain bike, I'm humpin' my own ass in and back out again. I enjoy camping, fishing, hiking, target shooting, etc. Hunting used to be included, but after I killed my last buck 10 years ago, it changed for me.

I stalked and followed this magnificient creature for the better part of a day, watching him through my scope. After I got close enough and pulled the trigger, what I saw in the aftermath gave me far less satisfaction than what I had witnessed earlier. He wasn't my first buck, but unless it means my own survival, I believe he'll be my last. I still love guns and shooting. Cans, paper targets, clay pidgeons, and thieving crack heads are all I have the stomach for anymore.

Now...back to jeeps. I DO have an affection for them. Up here in northern Arizona we occasionally get a fair amount of snow/inclement weather. In fact we are forecasted to get 6 to 10 inches tonight. With the mountainous terrain you need a vehicle able to traverse the roads in these conditions. Nothing surpasses a jeep in getting your butt to work on time. My buddy from work who drives one bailed me out a couple times a few winters ago. My 302 Mustang just HATES snow. Even my 2WD Chevy truck ain't too fond of it either. Not unless I fill the bed with all the snow in the driveway!

I got this from Boobie, a former Jeep-ster himself...does "JEEP" stand for "Just Empty Every Pocket? :D

Oh, and not to be totally off topic, I hope Rudi runs TKO's butt over when they meet next season. :P

I got this from Boobie, a former Jeep-ster himself...does "JEEP" stand for "Just Empty Every Pocket? :D

Oh, and not to be totally off topic, I hope Rudi runs TKO's butt over when they meet next season. :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ohmygod. I'd had never heard that one before. All my Jeep buddies are going to hear it now though. I'll give Boobie his byline on it, but I'm going to quote the hell out of it.

My wife is in the next room going .......... what are you laughing about ????

Keeping on the football thread ................. yeah me too.

Just empty every pocket :lol::lol::lol::lol: