Reds Rotation

middy19

Not sure on the actual rotation, but the following are the slated pre-training camp starters, subject to change at any time; DID YOU HEAR THAT UNCLE CARL AND EVIL BROTHER ALLEN? SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME!

Jimmy Haynes

Corey Lidle

Paul Anderson

Aaron Harang

Jose Acevedo

I think Reitsma COULD creep up into the picture, but he did a whail of a job with closing duties and I honestly don't want to see "send me to the" Graves closing.

Graves would be a good long relief pitcher. He has durability and the way our rotation is starting to show, we might need a very good long relief pitcher so we can win the magical 50th win of the season; maybe the hopes are too high. B)

Also, Ryan Wagner could go both ways. Some want him as a closer, which would free up Reistma as another long relief pitcher and Wagner as the main closer. Some want him as a starter which could free up Acevedo or Harang for either long relief or setup. Very interestin how uncle and evil brother will dismantle this team.

I really feel sorry for Miley, he's being setup to fail to pave the way for Rose so it seems.

What!?! Even as much as I love Pete the PLAYER, theres no way I see him back in the dugout. ANY dugout! 

Completely and 100% agree. Seems that uncle Carl doesn't though, his 1 year contract for Miley plus the prolonged delay of hiring him when everyone, including the child in every woman's womb, knew that Miley would be hired. I think Miley was waiting for Rose's reinstatement. If he is, and the Uncle is still in charge, I'll bet a piece of paper and a floppy disk that Rose is in charge of the dugout.

Espn said that Claussen has a chance to make the rotation a number three starter, but they also said that he has had Tommy John in the past. So he health could be in question. Hope that he works out.

I would not mind having Pete in the dugout in the future, because he has a great baseball mind and could teach a young team how to play the game. I just hope that he can walk a straight line and not get in trouble because everyone would be watching him with hawk eyes just waiting for him to mess up. He might be a better minor league manager.

I really feel sorry for Miley, he's being setup to fail to pave the way for Rose so it seems.

What!?! Even as much as I love Pete the PLAYER, theres no way I see him back in the dugout. ANY dugout! <_<

I can't remember where I read it, but I know I did. Article said that Lindner would be interested in Rose mangaing the Reds because it would boost attendance at the games. Not because he's a good manager or a stand up guy or anything, but because he'll draw a crowd.

I hate to tell him this, but the people in Cincinnati know a lot more about baseball than he does and they are not going to come out and watch a minor league team get slaughtered by everybody they play no matter who is managing the dam team.

If he wants to put butts in the seats, he needs to put talent on the field. He needs to watch Field of Dreams. ........................ build it and they will come. We could use some of those players right about now too.

Espn said that Claussen has a chance to make the rotation a number three starter, but they also said that he has had Tommy John in the past.  So he health could be in question.  Hope that he works out.

I would not mind having Pete in the dugout in the future, because he has a great baseball mind and could teach a young team how to play the game.  I just hope that he can walk a straight line and not get in trouble because everyone would be watching him with hawk eyes just waiting for him to mess up.  He might be a better minor league manager.

Reds shut Claussen down last year because they didn't want him to re injure his elbow. Article in the Enquirer says that it takes about a year to 18 mos. to recover from Tommy John surgery. As long as he's still felling good, Claussen should be ready for spring training. He could be one of the few bright spots we have this year.

He sounds like a good young guy, and I hope it goes well for him.