SUPERBOWL PICKS

jbengals1

I like the Panthers, I'll take the spread, and I'll take the under for over/under.

I said it in a previous post, man I'd love to see the Lombardi trophy come down south. I really don't like NE, and I really think there fans are the most obnoxious fans anywhere. But then I think most New Englanders are pretty damn obnoxious :D But that could just be the southern hick in me :P

Hey, speaking of next year, I think we could do it straight up and with the spread...I offered assistance with automating it and the offer still stands.

I'll still take the pats and give the 7point spread -- new england has been there before and wont let the HYPE get to them........but then again ever time i bet agenst the panthers on here i loose....so what do i know

IM STILL STICKING WITH THE PATS :P

The Panthers have been the underdogs in each of their post season games so far...yet they've emerged as victors each time. I believe they thrive on that, and that also leads me to believe that streak will continue!!

I hate New England, I hate their classless fans, and most of all, I hate their alleged "genius" coach Belichik, who took the coach of the year away from Marvin. What Bulls**t! If you would have given Belichick the situation Coach Lewis inherited here in Cincy, there's no way he would have accomplished as much! B)

The Panthers have been the underdogs in each of their post season games so far...yet they've emerged as victors each time. I believe they thrive on that, and that also leads me to believe that streak will continue!!

I hate New England, I hate their classless fans, and most of all, I hate their alleged "genius" coach Belichik, who took the coach of the year away from Marvin. What Bulls**t! If you would have given Belichick the situation Coach Lewis inherited here in Cincy, there's no way he would have accomplished as much! B)

I couldn't agree with you more. The worst part about Belichek is that no one mentions the absolute s**t job he did with the Browns. He couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He is without a doubt the most overated coach in the NFL, (to go along with the most overated QB in the NFL)

Carolina does feed off of being the underdog, and they are gonna hear so much crap about not being able to beat the Pats, they are gonna come out and just knock the snot out of the Pats...

What's with the pure hatred for the Pats? This board gives it to Brady, Belichick...

Agreed, Belichick did nothing with the Browns. But, since Paul Brown left town, who else has? Sure Schottenheimer took them to the playoffs, only to be John Elway's bitch.

But they've been nowhere, under anybody. Look no farther than Art Modell. I don't blame Belichick for his tenure there. And it was his first gig. How many people can do it in there first gig (all the more reason to love Marvin).

I think, of all the coaches everyone labels with "genius", Belichick is the only one, at this stage, even close to worthy of it. His system is great. His eye for talent is great (all you Brady-bashers, who wouldn't take him over Bledsoe?). Look how deep his team is. Win 14 in a row in "parity-stricken" NFL with a rash of starter injuries?

Come on Bengal fans. Hating is one thing, but I know you guys have the knowledge of the game. Give Bill and that team credit. They're the real deal. Tom Brady is as cool as Joe Montana ever was in the pocket. I'm not saying he's as good as Joe, but he's got the poise and control in the huddle and in the clutch. He could be as good, especially if you gave him the weapons. (Roger Craig is no hall of famer, but he's better than Antowain Smith. Give Tom Brady, Jerry Rice in his prime.)

Patriots win. It may not look pretty, and I'd take Carolina against the spread, but if that D can make Manning look like that and take Marvin Harrison completely out of the game...what happens to Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith?

Agreed, Belichick did nothing with the Browns. But, since Paul Brown left town, who else has?

I think, of all the coaches everyone labels with "genius", Belichick is the only one, at this stage, even close to worthy of it. His system is great. His eye for talent is great (all you Brady-bashers, who wouldn't take him over Bledsoe?). Look how deep his team is. Win 14 in a row in "parity-stricken" NFL with a rash of starter injuries?

Come on Bengal fans. Hating is one thing, but I know you guys have the knowledge of the game. Give Bill and that team credit. They're the real deal. Tom Brady is as cool as Joe Montana ever was in the pocket. I'm not saying he's as good as Joe, but he's got the poise and control in the huddle and in the clutch. He could be as good, especially if you gave him the weapons. (Roger Craig is no hall of famer, but he's better than Antowain Smith. Give Tom Brady, Jerry Rice in his prime.)

Patriots win. It may not look pretty, and I'd take Carolina against the spread, but if that D can make Manning look like that and take Marvin Harrison completely out of the game...what happens to Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith?

I don't hate the Pats, I think they are way overated. Yeah they won 14 in a row, but in this day and age of the NFL they could have just as easily lost a good number of them. They are a very well manged team, from personel to coaching. What bugs me though is that Belicheck is labeled a genius for the defensive stragety, but he ain't the defensive coordinator, I think Romeo Crennel is getting shafted...A coach is only as good as his coordinators....Brady is a very good game manager, I've said it before. But it helps when his defense does what it does. I'd like to see him come from 21 points behind in one quarter, or 14 points behind....He is put into a situation to suceed. (Credit goes to the coaching, Weiss should get more credit than he gets) As for the Bledsoe Brady comparison..No chance, I wouldn't take Bledsloe as a QB over about 75% of the QB's in the NFL...Hell, I'd take some backups over Drew....

As for shutting down the Delhomme Smith connection...It didn't help the Eagles when they did it. The Panthers have some pretty good recievers, plus two RB's that can change the game....Let's see that 6 DB backfield against the Panthers...Davis would smash through it like a bowling ball.....

I think the 2 things about NE that really get me is the over abundance of praise on Belicheck, and the obnoxious fans....

Brooksie, I'll give the team credit. That's it.

And kevnz, refering to their fans as only "obnoxious" is the same as saying the Pope is only a little bit Catholic! It's the LAST place you want to take your kids for a game. It's like a longshoreman reunion, and they get pretty nasty!

The Pats are going into a different enviroment in Houston, as opposed to the one they've been playing in for the last two playoff games in Foxboro.

Conversely, the Panthers will be stepping into a much more friendly arena, when you compare it to the ones they just WON their last road playoff games in. I believe if either team feels as if they have "home field" feeling about this matchup, I'd have to say it's Carolina.

They remind me of the march the Ravens made to the Super Bowl title a couple years ago. Nobody thought they had much of a chance either, and I do believe they beat the point spread AND won the game! I'm hoping/believing that the Panthers can and will do the same. B)

I don't hate the Pats, I think they are way overated. Yeah they won 14 in a row, but in this day and age of the NFL they could have just as easily lost a good number of them. They are a very well manged team, from personel to coaching. What bugs me though is that Belicheck is labeled a genius for the defensive stragety, but he ain't the defensive coordinator, I think Romeo Crennel is getting shafted...A coach is only as good as his coordinators....Brady is a very good game manager, I've said it before. But it helps when his defense does what it does. I'd like to see him come from 21 points behind in one quarter, or 14 points behind....He is put into a situation to suceed. (Credit goes to the coaching, Weiss should get more credit than he gets) As for the Bledsoe Brady comparison..No chance, I wouldn't take Bledsloe as a QB over about 75% of the QB's in the NFL...Hell, I'd take some backups over Drew....

As for shutting down the Delhomme Smith connection...It didn't help the Eagles when they did it. The Panthers have some pretty good recievers, plus two RB's that can change the game....Let's see that 6 DB backfield against the Panthers...Davis would smash through it like a bowling ball.....

I think the 2 things about NE that really get me is the over abundance of praise on Belicheck, and the obnoxious fans....

You said it, the top tier teams can "just as easily" lose any of their games. The point is, they didn't. And look at repeat performances. Philly beat Carolina earlier in the year and Denver did the same to Indy. But the tables were turned in the playoffs when teams brought their A game. Baltimore has owned Tennessee in their own stadium recently, but in the playoffs the Titans went in and stole a game. Both Tennessee and Indy had a look at New England earlier in the season (they both lost) and New England still got the better of them in the playoffs. New England was 7-0 against winning teams in the regular season. Add the playoffs and they are 9-0 against winners.

Yes, they are well managed and the Coordinators are great, but saying they're not getting credit? Crennell and Weiss are all over the press and would both be head coaches if they didn't have to wait to the end of the playoffs to sign on with a team. But the coordinators can only do so much. Everyone said Martz was the real coach behind the Rams Super Bowl, but look what happened when Vermeil left.

Brady may not have as many comeback wins as some, but he lead the winning drive in the Super Bowl. That says something.

And your point about seeing Davis smash through 6 DB's? That was the gameplan for the pass heavy colts. No doubt Belichick and Crennell will have a completely different look to shut down Davis, and chances are it will start with a house named Ted Washington (can he come out to play in Cincinnati?).

Hate their fans I can see. And, yes, the Belichick praise is a bit much, but if any head guy deserves it, I put him over anybody right now. This team is stocked with depth, can win with that depth instead of starters, and they have 2 first round picks. They reek of DYNASTY.

And, yes, the Belichick praise is a bit much, but if any head guy deserves it, I put him over anybody right now. This team is stocked with depth, can win with that depth instead of starters, and they have 2 first round picks. They reek of DYNASTY.

But see, that's why I think Belicheck get's too much praise...This team does have personel department, and people over Belicheck making the decisions....All year I've been hearing about the greatness of Belicheck, but it was only today that I read anything about the guys pulling the strings on draft day...The one that gave the Patriots all that depth and manipulate the salery cap in their favor....I guess it's kinda like the QB...They get too much credit for winning or losing....

Of course it doesn't help that I really really want the Panthers to win this game cause they are the closest thing I have to a hometown team...

Oh, the 6 db's thing was only in regards to shutiing down the passing game...I realize that the Pat's won't be coming out in that package....Otherwise they'll be in for a long day.

Also, as close as the NFL is nowadays there is a thinline between dynasty and flop...just look at the Eagles...But yeah, they are as close as any team is gonna be for a while, especially with the stockpile of draft picks they've got.

Lastly, the coachs....Well if teams thought that heavily of Weiss and Crennel I think some of them would have been willing to wait....Saying that' I think at least one of them should have been given a job this year...I think that one, or both will make a team regret not giving them a job....Same way you gotta think the Bills regret not hiring Marvin...

Just to clarify one thing...I don't feel I gave you enough props for your views on Crennell and Weis. They are great. Belichicks D is better because of Romeo and Brady is better because of Weis' schemes. Absolutely. But without Brady, Weis' scheme wouldn't work and without Belichick in place Crennell wouldn't have the same D.

This is exactly in line with Belichick's school of thought. No one person gets it done. Whether it be coordinator, coach, player, GM, etc. This is the ultimate example of TEAM. They get it done because they're not only good but humble. All of them. They play/coach within the system and no one guys is above the rest.

A lot of coaches (unless you're Billick, Martz or Fassell) give their post-game "It's nothing without the players", but it doesn't ring quite true to me. With Belichick, it does. He says his players need to play as a team, but he seems to understand that he's no bigger part than anyone else. Practice what you preach.

I hope you all know how to tap a keg. Good luck in the box pools.

Tap a keg!?! I never graduated college because of the fraternity I was pledged to... Phi Tappa Kegga!!

:lol: It's Super Bowl Sundayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Freakin finally here!!!! Lets get ready to rrrrrumblllllle!!! :P

We know the Bengals aren't there.....THIS YEAR!! I feel that statement won't hold water in the years to come. B)

Go Panthers!!! Win in overtime 16-10!!! :o