Bears Feel the Love

HoosierCat

I'm not convinced of Lovie in Chicago. There offense is in practical disarray, they need a little order. Their defense has a stable foundation. I hate that teams are gearing towards defensive minds instead of management coaches.

I wouldn't worry about the offense of the bears. Lovie has seen what works on offense and what doesn't(The Bucs when he was there, ugh) He has already said he will put an offense like the Rams...It should be interesting. As for defensive minded coachs, I would say they are better at managing. Where as offensive minded coachs like to be involved more with the offense and some even try to call the plays as well...Never mind that there are three sides to a team and a head coach needs to be involved in all three. Besides, if you look at the quickest turnarounds in recent years, they have been done by Defensive coachs...

He has already said he will put an offense like the Rams

How can he do this when he's a defensive coordinator, has Grossman, Chandler and Stewart as Quarterbacks and WRs that wouldn't break the top 2 on any other team. It would be great if he could make the offense legit, but I just don't see that happening with the personnel he has. Plus I don't hear much of anyone wanting to go to Chicago either.

As for defensive minded coaches, I would say they are better at managing.

That's very true, but I tend to move on the argument that defenses aren't the foundation of the team. Management does seem to accord with defensive coaches, but that's a theory supported on recent championships -- which is a damn good support arm. The foundation of the team is one that can manage all phases of the game, not just one aspect and if he can turn things around in Chicago, then more power to him. But my beloved Vikings -- that's where I'm from -- will remind them of their incompetence.

Where as offensive minded coaches like to be involved more with the offense and some even try to call the plays as well.

Yes, just like Vermeil, Andy Reid and Jon Gruden. I think this is often times criticized when it shouldn't be, including the support of champions with offensive minds. Especially Shanahan and Holmgren to add.

Besides, if you look at the quickest turnarounds in recent years, they have been done by Defensive coaches...

This is very true and can not and should not be argued.

Kevnz - I actually agree with you, I'm rebutting you on some points that exist contradition as stated above. While we could all say that defensive coaches turn things around, it does NOT mean instant playoffs nor championships. But John Fox is ever increasing this arguement against me. <_<