Death Penalty Sought In Reds Murder

Kirkendall

Arizona prosecutors said Wednesday they planned to seek the death penalty against two men charged with the murder of a Cincinnati Reds player. Dernell Stenson, 25, was found shot to death with his hands and feet bound November 5 in Chandler, Arizona.

Police accused Reginald Riddle, 19, and David Griffith, 20, of killing Stenson during a robbery. Police said they later found Riddle's half-brother driving Stenson's SUV. Kevin Riddle, 45, was charged with car theft and hindering prosecution in the case.

At the time of Stenson's murder, the outfielder was playing for Arizona's Fall League.

I hate to say this, but ... good. Stenson was stalked, abducted, then bound with duct tape and then for all practical purposes executed. All because he had money and a nice vehicle that these excuses for humans wanted for themselves. Thats calculated and pre meditated, and I don't think its possible to rehabilitate people who have no regard for the lives of others.

These guys are predators that see everyone else around them only as a source for the things they want. Other than that, people are useless to them and they have no qualms about diposing of them whenever it suits their purpose.

The world is not only better off without these types, it's a little safer for the rest of us. Throw the switch. The sooner the better.

Yes I believe the death sentence is warranted here, only I wish it would be carried out as brutally on them as they did to Stenson! Boobie Clark and I live out here in Arizona, and have watched it from a local standpoint. Everyone I know out here has no problem with the sentence!

Yes I believe the death sentence is warranted here, only I wish it would be carried out as brutally on them as they did to Stenson! Boobie Clark and I live out here in Arizona, and have watched it from a local standpoint. Everyone I know out here has no problem with the sentence!

I've wished for similar things in the past concerning other cases. After thinking it over though, I'm not sure that wouldn't make us the equivalent of the people that are being executed.

Taking any life is not something that should come easily or gladly to anyone. I do believe that at times it is a matter of necissity ( such as this case ). When it does get to that point, the deed should be done as quickly, painlessly, and dipassionately as possible. To me that is the differenc between a legal execution and a government sanctioned murder. Maybe a small distinction, but I think its an important one.