Fantasy advise

Wraith

I am in a 14 team league over at Fanball.com. My fifth round selection is almost due I have drafted Andre Johnson, Willis McGahee, Curtis Martin, and Eric Moulds up til this point, I need a QB in the fifth. Carr, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Delhomme, Collins, Plummer, Brees, Hasselbeck, Pennington, and McNair are all still available. I am trying to decide essentually between Delhomme, Palmer, and McNair what do you guys think.

If all those QB's are available, I'd go for another quality RB or WR. You should be able to get 1 of the top QBs next round . . . I'd rank them:

Collins, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Palmer, Plummer, McNair, Carr, Brees, Pennington, and Roethlisberger.

The first 5 are capable of great games, followed by dismal games . . . if you can two of these guys (Rounds 6 & 7), you'll be set.

Yeah, there's no need to take a TE this early unless you want to take Gonzo or Gates, and maybe Heap. I would take Collins if he's there and then Palmer and then Delhomme (my favorite non-Bengal QB). Collins is going to have a career year because of Moss so he will give you great numbers.

But if there's a good receiver left also, you could take him because Moulds isn't going to be that good. Just my opinion.

Wait, wait, wait. I didn't read that list very clearly. You can definitely wait a round to take a QB because those QBs are all going to be very solid (I'm assuming you start 1). You could pick up Gates or Gonzo, because they are basically WRs.

I agree, but he didn't say they were available.

As for the QBs, with those left, it's going to be a run on QB round.

Gonzo went in the second Gates went in the third. Most of the good WRs are gone guys that are left are guys with limited or no experience Troy Williamson is still around as is Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Almost every starting RB is gone except Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson, ironicly JJ Arrington went before all of the first rounders.

Heap is still there but I have Crumpler and Whitten rated ahead of them because of the injury factor (plus Boller is a lousy ass QB)