What other changes are instore for '04?

jjakq27

Any opinions or rumors about any other changes that may be coming for the '04 season?

I am wondering if we will see any changes to the uniforms or helmets for this year? They wore the all black uni's for the opening and final games this year.

Perhaps a redesign similar to the Falcons but in orange and black and with stripes on the shoulders might look good. I would also like to see them tweak the helmets a little too. Maybe a metallic/metal flake look like the Eagles and Giants have rather than the solid orange. I am sure the league would help them design something that will stimulate apparel sales too.

I also would like to see them spruce up the interior of PBS a little too. I would like to see some Bengal logos or a Jungle background added to the green padding around the field. Look at most of the other stadiums this weekend and you have no doubt where the game is being played.

I also would like to see them spruce up the interior of PBS a little too. I would like to see some Bengal logos or a Jungle background added to the green padding around the field. Look at most of the other stadiums this weekend and you have no doubt where the game is being played.

Yeah, PBS is soooo boring and vanilla, we need some color in there...

wouldnt it be nice if there were a few fake palm tree or what not around since it is the "jungle"

For the opening game against Denver , they had something like that at all of the gates to the stadium. It was pretty neat but they only did it for that game.

I forget who brought it up in an earlier thread, But I liked the idea of inverting the colors on the helmet to Orange Stripes on Black...or would that induce too much nausea? :P

Whoa...that would be different.

Back in 1981 when they came out with the new striped helmets, Koch's Sporting Goods had a prototype White with Black stripes helmet hanging from their ceiling for a long time. I think the idea for the white background was because of the white Bengal tigers that were born at the zoo in the late 1970's. Obviously that color scheme never made it to production!

I've heard numerous ideas. One would be a black helmet with white Stripes, another was a white helmet with Black stripes (giving the uniform that White tiger effect). Personally, I like the uniforms the way they are. Actually, I liked it better before they put the tiger on the sleeve and changed the socks to black (the changes occured right before the 97 season). But I'm all for a change as long as the helmets stay the same. Those helmets are the best in the league in my humble opinion.

Personally, I like the uniforms the way they are. But I'm all for a change as long as the helmets stay the same. Those helmets are the best in the league in my humble opinion.

I think it is amazing how much better those uni's look on a winning team!

I think you guys should lose the stripes, and put Calvin pissing on the Steelers logo on your helmets. Actually, put that on one side and put Hobbs pissing on the Browns logo on the other side. That would be great!! :lol:

I think you guys should lose the stripes, and put Calvin pissing on the Steelers logo on your helmets.  Actually, put that on one side and put Hobbs pissing on the Browns logo on the other side.  That would be great!!  :lol:

Arizona. I appreciate the Raven's oriented input here. It gives the forum a different flavor not found at "Ravens talk.com". (Honestly that place needs some structure!) But let me tell you this...we ain't NEVER gonna give up our stripes!!!

We looked way too much like "Cleveland Lite" (to put it in beer speak!) before we had our own identity. The word "Bengals" on the side of a Cleveland helmet must have been the lamest uniform idea ever hatched in the NFL!!

Asking Cincinnati to lose it's stripes is like asking a former enlisted Marine Sargeant (me, for example) to lay down his stripes voluntarily. Ain't gonna happen without some blood shed! Back me up here Marine buddy redsfan2! And you too Boobie Clark!! You're a former enlisted Navy petty officer. Would you just give up your stripes too? I think not.

OoRah!!...Anchors aweigh!!...and Go Bengals!! We wear our stripes with pride baby!!!! B)

I think you guys should lose the stripes, and put Calvin pissing on the Steelers logo on your helmets. Actually, put that on one side and put Hobbs pissing on the Browns logo on the other side. That would be great!! :lol:

To be fair we'd have to give the Ravens equal time somehow. Especially after this year. A third logo on the helmet for Mr. Hobbs possibly?

I don't know what they are planning to do with the uniforms but if they screw them up like the Seahawks did with theres I'll not be a happy man....Change the stripes on the helmet and I'm gonna go postal on someone. I would like to see some major changes with the white jerseys though...I can't stand them...I think they should go to the orange practice jerseys instead of white...I'd also like to see the team go all black for the home uniforms, I dug them even if they went 0-2 in them.

OK here's my take on our 4 different uniforms... don't laugh, cause i've seen them (pictures) on t.v.

All Black, .black pants, normal black with stripes on shoulders torso jerseys, and reversable helmet , meaning.....black helmet with orange stripes instead of orange helmet with black stripes.

All white. same one we've had last year.

All Orange. Orange Helmet, bengal orange pants,and jersey,and helmet.

Normal Home. Same one that always looks great if you ask me.!

Here is the list of Free Agent Bengals that was posted on Bengals.com today:

Cincinnati Bengals

2004 Unrestricted Free Agents

(Free agency tentatively begins March 3)

SS Rogers Beckett

RB Brandon Bennett

C Rich Braham

RG Mike Goff

QB Shane Matthews

LG Matt O’Dwyer

FS Mark Roman

DT Glen Steele

2004 Restricted Free Agents (Club has right to match)

K Shayne Graham

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

OLB Riall Johnson

RB Rudi Johnson

DB Kevin Kaesviharn

G Victor Leyva

TE Tony Stewart

Exclusive Rights Free Agents (Can only sign with Bengals)

CB Reggie Myles