Draft Chatter - + some SMACK

Hey DD - what d'ya think of your draft?

Scotty -

As we say out here on the frontier, "I'm as happy as a puppy with two peckers". I was going to write up an analysis when I get a chance. How'd you do?

Here's the smack:

* * * * * 1st ROUND * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

1. P. Manning (bengal4life) - Best QB by a WIDE MARGIN. Will single-handedly win 4 – 6 games.

2. L. Tomlinson (Boiler Bengals) – Mr. Consistent. 120 yds & 1 TD EVERY game

7. P. Holmes (CJ4Prez) – When healthy, the best fantasy RB available

Worst Pick(s):

4. C. Johnson (Warlords) – I like CJ too, but 4th pick overall? Way too early.

11. T. Brady (The Tartan Terror) – If I was picking an NFL team, maybe. But Brady rarely puts up monster fantasy numbers.

* * * * * 2nd ROUND * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

20. T. Bell (Haters) – IF Shanahan uses / stays with Tatum, he’s a top 5 back.

24. M. Harrison (bengal4life) – Every Manning 2 Harrison TD is 12 points for this team.

Worst Pick(s):

21. C. Palmer (Warlords) – Every Palmer 2 CJ TD is 12 points, but you could have grabbed him in the 4th round

* * * * * 3rd ROUND * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

35. H. Ward (The Tartan Terror) – Big Ben’s only option (after he’s signed)

36. M. Bulger (jungleboy) – almost assuredly a top 5 QB

Worst Pick(s):

33. B. Favre (Carson is King) – Doesn’t Brett have is AARP card yet?

* * * * * 4th ROUND * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

43. B. Westbrook (Team Pain) – Way under-rated RB for only quality team in NFC.

48. J. Jones (bengal4life) – STEAL OF THE DRAFT! R U Kidding me? Parcell’s favorite workhorse at the end of round 4!

Worst Pick(s):

45. Baltimore (Warlords) – Way to early for a “D”, even if Baltimore’s D ends up the best by a lot.

46. Cincinnati (Black Treacle) – If it’s a couple of rounds to early for the ratbirds, it’s WAY to early for Bengals ‘D’.

* * * * * 5th ROUND * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

58. K. Jones (Desperate Derelicts) – with just a little blocking, a top 10 back

59. C. Martin (The Tartan Terrors) – The Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL – a top 5 back last year, no holdout, no injury,... what’s not to like?

Worst Pick(s):

57. M. Muhammad (Carson is King) – who’s going to throw him the ball?

* * * * * 6th ROUND * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

63. K. Collins (Desperate Derelicts) – Will be playing from behind, with Moss & Co. goin’ deep a lot

68. M. Hasselbeck (Haters) – Best West Coast offense on the west coast.

71. L. Jordan (Boiler Bengals) – Will have a chance to shine in Oakland . . . if he can catch the ball.

Worst Pick(s):

61. J. Shockey (jungleboy) – I don’t want him in my clubhouse

65. B. Stokley (Bubba's Brigade) – I don’t care how good Manning is, this guy doesn’t even START, and he pulled his hammie bad enough to miss the preseason.

* * * * * 7th – 9th ROUNDS * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

80. D. Foster (Bubba's Brigade) – Who knows what Carolina is going to do, but this guy is big, fast, and talented, on a team with a great “D” and a soft schedule. Great pick.

84. L. Evans (jungleboy) Will be JP’s favorite target.

95. D. Branch (Boiler Bengals) – Super Bowl MVP – will the Pats open up their offense a little this year?

Worst Pick(s):

90. J. Putzier (CJ4Prez) – I hate his name – is he a bigger putz than the next guy?

103. Indianapolis (CJ4Prez) – Indy “D” has been an oxymoron for too many years.

* * * * * 10th – 15th ROUNDS * * * * *

Favorite Pick(s):

115. J. Plummer (Team Pain) – Great back-up – will play Oakland and KC twice.

116 C. Williams (Haters) – If Gruden wants to drive a Cadillac, could have a big year.

155. Kansas City (The Tartan Terrors) – No “D”, but the only ST with Donte Hall.

Worst Pick(s):

149. D. Boston (Haters) – Is he still in the league?

180. S. Heiden (jungleboy) – Mr. Irrelevant. Make sure you start him against the Bengals, he OWNED us last year.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this. If I offended any current future opponents . . . . . . . . . TOO BAD!!

Nice analysis DD.

As an absentee drafter I'm quite happy with how my own picks worked out.

Offensively I'm set: With a choice of either Brady or Pennington at QB I'll have various options to either hand off to Curtis Martin or Michael Pittman, or find the wide threat of Terrel Owens, Hines Ward or Michael Clayton!

Jermaine Wiggins or Heath Miller will give me depth on the roster at TE and will be able to get the ball within kicking distance for either Vanderjagt or Cundiff.

The D is the likely achilles heel (or should that be Akili's Heel?) with the Jets or the Chiefs carrying the hopes and dreams of kiltwearing fantasfy football fans across the world!

How did everyone else think they done?

I fooked up bad with this draft. Didn't know Stokely had injured himself or that Jamal Lewis (my first round pick) had been put on IR already.

But, that being said, I feel solid with Steven Jackson and DeShawn Foster as my starting backs.

Stokely is actually a guy who I feel will be scoring points come playoff time. Yes, I picked him early because I didn't know he had been injured, but he scored a lot of points last year and the Indy offense will be just as good.

I've got Drew Brees handcuffed to Phillip Rivers, just in case he has a bad start and gets benced. Just in case, I've also got Delhomme.

Joe Horn, TJ, and Marcus Robinson at WR should help me along too.

Plus, I've got Faulk handcuffed to Jackson.

When all is said and done, I'm a running back team.