NFL Draft

I believe According to the nfl collective bargaining agreement,with the nfl players association, that cincinnat would already garner at least a 1st round and an additional 3rd pick if he were to be traded..the exception would be a 2nd. round pick and an additional 4th,or 5th. i. e. Marshall Faulk.

If cincinnati does manage to trade dillon, then our best bet would be to either settle on just a high first round pick, and trade down, to garner an additional high round pick.

Defensively .. the studs this year are at cornerback and linebacker.. not too many top defensive lineman..

Keneche Udeze has yet to declare..

Antawan Odom depending on his workouts looks to be a late 1st to mid second round pick.

David Pollack would most likely declare after the Bulldogs bowl game, but with him only being 6-3 and 260 lbs.. could be turned into a rush linebacker in someone's 3-4.

Vince wilfork, and Tommie Harris will most likely be gone by the 12th pick.. and both of them have issues..

Wilfork ballooned up to 380 lbs this year.. and had to split time because of his poor conditioning..

Tommie Harris.. is not the prototypical defensive tackle either.. kind of short .6-21/2 and 280 lbs. could be moved to a de in someones 3-4.

the boys from L.S.U. could go anywhere starting with,Chad Lavalis' the dt... while he could play the 3' technique for a 4-3 defense... he's built like Tony Williams.. 6-3,297. Not a pile pusher like a Keith traylor,ted washington, or Sam Adams, which is more of what we need to play next to John Thornton.

Marcus Spears, -hasn't tapped into his best days yet,and at 6-5 290 and very athletic.. he could be a steal in the second round or early 3rd.

Marquise Hill has superior size,but not a great motor.He's 6-7 285, great for a defensive end,but doesn't have the speed to be an effective pass rusher,however he does play the run extrememly well.

All Said and done.. Our Best defensive lineman pick (opinion) would be Keneche Udeze. Good size 6-5 285.,good speed.. around 4.65.. and plays the run and Pass extremely well.Also has good pass rush moves.. now the real question is..

With U.S.C.'s.. robbing of playing for the outright National Title..will he stay one more year, or come out early..??

We won't pick up a D-lineman this year. Why would we, all of the guys from this year are on contract for next; plus if Dillon is released it would just add to the cap penalty that much more. I think, in the first round, we'll pick up a secondary guy or an OLB. With three safties on FA (one restricted, two unrestricted) that would make the most sense. Riall Johnson is RFA and could see him leaving. But I'd like to see how Weathersby and Abdullah do before we draft people to replace them.

Contract smonkract... Oliver Gibson's got to go.. and Tony williams is becoming too expensive for only 2 sacks.....He just doesn't have the ability to shed blocks..

Glen Steele.. not enough athleticism to warrant that roster spot.. prediction.. -if he's not lost to FA... Langston Moore takes his spot this year.

Hey how about this..for next year....

X X X X Udeze 1 thornton Marcus Tubbs 2 Smith

clemons

if we trade dillon...get a first... use it to trade down for extra picks.. or draft Sean Taylor.. use # 17 to get Udeze and # 49 to get Tubbs.. a lot of problems solved...

could possibly get Dunta Robinson or Nathan Vasher in round 2 as well, provided we had extra picks..

but thats' why they call it dreaming...lol :lol::lol::lol:

I posted this on another thread too..what do u think?

I say we take Jonathon Vilma with pick #1

trade corey dillion for a second and third round pick. Take Chris Perry(rb from mich) with with 2nd round pick from dillion, and take

Antwan Odom with or second round pick.

with our 3rd round pick (from the dillion trade) we take brandon everage (s from oklahoma) and with our third round pick we take Randy jordon(cb from kansas state)

but thats just me

Aside from that sounding somewhat gay, but knowing Grizzly, I'm sure it wasn't, let somebody else find it out, and steal him later!! Honestly...the odds are bad on the bet. Nobody is a sure player in the NFL. Abso-f**king-lutely nobody!

See the thing is, is that Derrick Strait will be there.. , while he's undoubtedly a very good cornerback, with all the necessary coverage skills.. he does lack one thing...

Speed... he's not a real burner... and i'm not sure he's the answer to a physical wide reciever because i know i'm not the only one that saw him pushed to the ground on several occasions !

I heard that if they trade Dillon it would probably be for a conditional pick, meaning that we would get say a 2nd round pick in the '04 draft. Then depending on how he does next year the Bengals would get another pick in the '05 draft that would be a higher round pick the better he does.

I could see him going to the Raiders...West Coast team...needs a back...fits image of team....

BTW...There was a kid from USC on their D-line that impressed me last night. They said he was a true freshman. Don't remember the name but he put constant pressure on.

Like i said before the rose bowl...... Keneche Udeze....should be our #1 draft pick if he's available...

To all the naysayers out there... Tell me that kid didn't put on a show against the run and the pass..

If we land a top Corner in free-agency.. defensive line has to be addressed in rounds 1 and maybe 2..

Like i said before the rose bowl...... Keneche Udeze....should be our #1 draft pick if he's available...

To all the naysayers out there... Tell me that kid didn't put on a show against the run and the pass..

If we land a top Corner in free-agency.. defensive line has to be addressed in rounds 1 and maybe 2..

I like this scenario. The Fa that you're talking about imho should be Bailey ( skins ) or Taylor ( eagles ).

With the DNA type of background checks and interviews that Lewis seems to do before bringing people to the team, I'm no longer as worried about us ending up with a Wilkinson or Smith as I was in the past.