Kitna, DeBerg, and Testaverde

walzav29

These are all the same guys. At least we have Carson Palmer with a year of learning to throw into the mix next year. This season was as good as Kitna could possibly be, and it was 8-8. He just doesn't have the physical skills. This team is loaded and look at all of the things Marvin had to change starting last year. Fixing the defense will be easy compared to that. Today's game made me want to puke though.

and when palmer starts and we go 6-10 people will bitch about that too. kitna is better than you could ever imagine. unfortunately, HE didn't have as much around him to play with as you ASSUME. this team currently is an improvement over the past, yet when you see the overhaul for next season, you'll understand JUST HOW GOOD KITNA IS!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Kit had a heluva year. That said, when the chips were down he folded up against the Rams and Browns. I think he pretty much played his way out of a guarantee of the starting position next year with these last couple games. Bring on Palmer. He can take a stupid sack at the end of a half to lose a FG try just as good as the next 8-year vet.

hope you guys are around next year. 'cuse it ain't gona get better with palmer at the helm unless the entire offensive line is retooled, a top notch receiver added and corey outa' here.

Well, geez, halp, as long as you're so sure about the future how about passing along next week's winning lotto numbers. I could use a spare million. :P

Sure, Palmer's likely to have his rookie moments. But that's going to be true whenever he goes in, and assuming Kit continues to play anywhere near this year's level, the Bengals can't afford to keep both beyond next year. As for a top WR, CJ is coming along fine, thank you, and as for Corey, getting rid of him would be the biggest mistake this team could make.

And they probably will. Which will make thing that much tougher for Carson.

hope you guys are around next year. 'cuse it ain't gona get better with palmer at the helm unless the entire offensive line is retooled, a top notch receiver added and corey outa' here.

I think Palmer will have his share of growing pains, and our schedule will be tougher. But, I dont think we need a "top notch reciever", I think we already have one.

As for the O-line, it was great most of the year, we just need some depth there. Most of our needs are on D....

As for the O-line, it was great most of the year, we just need some depth there. Most of our needs are on D....

I think we need a little more than depth on the o-line. C Braham is a warrior but he's going to be eligible for membership in the AARP pretty soon. And Mike Goff isn't exactly the bee's knee's at RG, either. I actually think both of them would *make* good depth; we just don't have starters to plug in ahead of them!

If the Bengals really are as tight up against the cap as they say (they probably aren't but let's let that lie for now), the o-line might be a good place to spend limited FA dollars. Anyone have any idea what good centers and guards might be available?

Corey, getting rid of him would be the biggest mistake this team could make.

How? Corey will always be around forcing Marvin to alternate them. Where did it get us? Remember 2002 when the QBs didn't know who would start the first half of the season? Then Marvin brought stability to the generals spot. The same thing needs to happen at RB by either releasing someone, trading someone, or annoucning NOW whose first on the depth chart. While it would be a mistake to just getting rid of someone, something needs to happen other than sitting on our hands.

Kitna played as good as he could this year, but games like in Baltimore, St. Louis and today you need a guy that can win the unwinnable. Like Peyton does.

The Bengals very well could have been 4-12 without Kitna. Not only did he have a hellva year, he performed better in some areas than the pro-bowlers. Hell, people were talking MVP!

Agreed!

hope you guys are around next year.  'cuse it ain't gona get better with palmer at the helm unless the entire offensive line is retooled, a top notch receiver added and corey outa' here.

Well, geez, halp, as long as you're so sure about the future how about passing along next week's winning lotto numbers. I could use a spare million. :P

Sure, Palmer's likely to have his rookie moments. But that's going to be true whenever he goes in, and assuming Kit continues to play anywhere near this year's level, the Bengals can't afford to keep both beyond next year. As for a top WR, CJ is coming along fine, thank you, and as for Corey, getting rid of him would be the biggest mistake this team could make.

And they probably will. Which will make thing that much tougher for Carson.

the sad truth is.... Kitna plays like he's still going through his rookie moments...

I'd rather root for the fighter that's willing to take his lumps to give some onto greatness, than take the fighter that thinks he's got everything in control and gets us knocked out in the 12th round each time.