Corey Dillons last game as a Bengal?

BengalszoneBilly

Hey if we can hold onto Rudi and draft a suitable replacement like in round 3 or 4 like Mike "the burner" Turner or Mewelde Moore and still keep Rudi , then I'm all for it.But if we are going to trade a guy like dillon,then I'm all for us getting the bang for the buck then and that means at least 2 draft picks in compensation.A first and a third at least,Or if New England truly wants him, then They gotta give up both First rounders next year.If we lose both Dillon and Rudi,then we get one of those studs like Steven Jackson,Cedric Benson,Chris Perry , or Kevin Jones.Kevin Jones' speed and balance reminds me a lot of Fred Taylors'.Chris Perrys' running style is like that of Curtis Martin's,and can't go wrong with either of those two ya know..?

I doubt we could even get a first for CD. But we would unload his salary and his attitude.

There was an article in the Washington newspaper about Champ Baileys future with the team. Not to go into a lot of detail, but the gist of the piece was that Bailey isn't real happy in Washington and so isn't making it easy for the team to re-sign him. They said if they can't get him signed, that they would be more interested in trading him than using a tag on him for next season.

Don't know about you guys, but I'd swap Dillon for Bailey in a minute. Takes care of 3 things at once. Gives us the shut down corner they were talking about geting in the off season, at the same time getting rid of Dillons salary ( and attitude ), and allows the team to concentrate on signing Rudi. I think its important that we keep him for continuity at running back if there's a chance we're looking at seeing Palmer next year. Would also free up the spot on the team for one of the young guys that we may be able to pick up in the later rounds.

Don't know about you guys, but I'd swap Dillon for Bailey in a minute.

Same here. But I think that will depend on who's the head coach next season at Washington. If Spurrier is still there, then I don't think a trade for a running back will never happen. But we can't trade the two anyway, Bailey is a free agent this season once the final snap is made and the deadline has long passed anyway.

I think realistically we could get a 2 or 3rd rounder and a additional 5th or 6th rounder for Dillon. Oakland, New England and Pittsburgh all need stable running backs so I'd consider trading there for two draft picks. I highly doubt that we could get a big name player for Dillon, but then again, that's why I'm hear on a Friday morning in front of my computer at work talking about the Bengals when I should be working.. HA!

But we can't trade the two anyway, Bailey is a free agent this season once the final snap is made and the deadline has long passed anyway.

I think realistically we could get a 2 or 3rd rounder and a additional 5th or 6th rounder for Dillon. Oakland, New England and Pittsburgh all need stable running backs so I'd consider trading there for two draft picks. I highly doubt that we could get a big name player for Dillon, but then again, that's why I'm hear on a Friday morning in front of my computer at work talking about the Bengals when I should be working.. HA!

As to where he goes, that really doesn't matter to me.

I think we kind of have to, only because if he does get traded, I want quality back instead of quantity. You know? For example -- and I'm not basing this on any rumors, quotes, or anything -- if he is traded to New England, we could get Tyrone Poole or Ty Law (optimism is the end of me). Of if he goes to Oakland we get Charles Woodson (optimism is the end of me)

Regardless, I hope we don't trade just to get the stripes off his shirt and helmet, but to find quality replacements.