PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED

Boobie Clark

Who says they're not!? I was just whinning with a local Rams fan that we'd get the Cards/Sea game late, but have to suffer through NYG/Dallas on Fox and Mia/Buf or Cle/Balt on CBS. The real game being Cincy/StL. Well apparently praying (whinnnig) is answered - We are getting the NYG/Dallas game but we're also getting the Bengals game. Excuse me, I've got to go change my underwear!!

I'd like to, but I get my hi-speed internet through my cable modem, and I ain't giving that up. I think cable offers the same sort of NFL package. I'll have to check it out. My buddy get's his internet via the dish, and it can't hold a candle, speed and price wise to cable! That will probably change in the next few years, but for now cable has the upper hand.

Actually you might have a shot at it. The game is at 1 and on CBS, so the Cards wouldn't be on the tube until 4 on FOX. The Bengals are playing a West opponent. Oakland and Denver play at night so it would interfere with FCC regulations. San Fran is playing at 4 also so the only game at 1pm is in the NFC West is St. Louis. Kansas City plays on Saturday and San Diego plays at 4. You know what, if CBS is doing a double header on Sunday, I think it might be shown.

Billy,

I am talking southwest. Check out the AZ Republic website: TV Listings - it's slow, but it'll show.

I'm with you on the cable internet thing - ain't given' it up. Cable will have to add something eventually - don't they do it for college? And there is that local pub thing. But at least for one blessed weekend it won't be an issue. It's the same when I want to see Ohio St. football or Univ. of Cincy B-ball. Gotta watch UCLA, Stanford and for God's sake the Univ. of AZ - it's worse than watching another Dallas or San Fran game!!

Where are you in N AZ? I'm working to move up there. Really don't want to raise my kid in Phx. We have friends in Flag's Country Club area and that's where we want to go.

Billy,

I am talking southwest. Check out the AZ Republic website: TV Listings - it's slow, but it'll show.

I'm with you on the cable internet thing - ain't given' it up. Cable will have to add something eventually - don't they do it for college? And there is that local pub thing. But at least for one blessed weekend it won't be an issue. It's the same when I want to see Ohio St. football or Univ. of Cincy B-ball. Gotta watch UCLA, Stanford and for God's sake the Univ. of AZ - it's worse than watching another Dallas or San Fran game!!

Where are you in N AZ? I'm working to move up there. Really don't want to raise my kid in Phx. We have friends in Flag's Country Club area and that's where we want to go.

Boobie,

I live in Prescott. If you live in Phoenix, I'm sure you know where that is. I've lived here since '88, yes the last great year for the Bengals since this year, I might add! I'm heading to Phoenix next week to the in laws in the Surprise/Peoria area. If you want to talk to me direct, my e-mail address is listed in my "bio", if you click on my name anywhere in this forum. Aw screw it...it's

billybroome@cableone.net.

or here at work, where I'm accessing this forum from my desk:

billy.broome@Wulfsberg.com

Looking forward to talkling to ya'.

Billy B)

Sure, I know where Prescott is. We took our son to a pumpkin patch in Chino Valley this year. And I was in Jerome back in November. I love it up that way. My sister lives in Cincy and she wants to live in Prescott - loves all those Victorian homes up there.

I actually live in Surprise - out by the 303 & Bell. Too bad you won't be here for the game - or if you are and want to hook up, that'd be cool. There's a sports bar called McDuffy's over by the Peoria Sports Complex.

I work at I-17 & Bell. We moved here from San Diego in '94. Haven't lived in Cincy since '86.

I'll drop you a line at your email.

Are you guys close to Tortilla Flat? Tortilla Flat for sale on Ebay

Josh,

Boobie lives much closer than I do. I've rode through the town down old Route 88, back when I had a motorcycle. Let me say, that's alot of cash for one little rustic town...if you can even call it that! What won't some people try to sell on Ebay, eh?

Thank God the Bengals are winning! And the local CBS affiliate is airing their games again.

Since the Bengals were not winning, the Lexington KY TV and radio got sooo caught up in Tim Couch mania that they were broadcasting Brownie games. UGH! :(

I thought the nfl would step in, but they never did. The radio still carries the brownies alot. In fact last weekend the radio broadcast the brownies over our beloved bengals. Forunately WLW carries this far.

Imagine living 100 miles from the stadium and being blacked out home and away! :blink:

Tortilla Flat is way out east of Phx. Well, it used to be far. This town has grown so much it's basically a suburb of Phx now. Been through there many times. Most people go out to the lakes or just for the ride. It's awesome out there. We used to go hiking in the Superstition Wilderness before the boundary gates became the back lot lines of peoples' homes. You can still get lost back in there, though. Last time I wen through there was a bar and a post office - don't recall anything else being open, but there's 5 buildings or so. Used to be a two lane rode through there. Nowhere to build either. The backside is mountains the other side of the street is the lake or a park. I haven't been out there in about 6 years.

Billy, if you go one more street past that entrance to SCG, you come to Sarival. I live in Northwest Ranch. There's a Methodist Church on the corner. My house is directly behind that. What a friggin' small world. I'll definetly hook you up. I know a great place - Boobie's Bar & Grill. There's a pool, although the water's only about 50 degrees. I think there's going to be a Polor Bear party this year!! There's an Applebee's (sp?) at Grand & Bell. I think Outback shows the games at their bar, which is just north of Bell on Grand. McDuffy's is out by Arrowhead Mall.

I'll email you my phone #, etc.