A. Smith

While he isn't worth the money he's getting paid, I hope the Bengals decide to keep him at least this season.

He somewhat knows the system and if Kitna goes down, I'd rather Smith be the number 2 qb and go in there.

If Smith is cut Palmer will likely be number 2. If Kitna goes down in the first game, Palmer will be thown in too early.

Certainly have to agree w/ B24 on this... ...and believe it or not, it is actually cheaper to keep him this year than it is to cut him - just the crazy way they do contracts and signing bonuses these days... I dont want to see Palmer tossed in there w/out a good grasp of the system and that will take some time. The plan seems to be to let him sit out this whole season to learn and possible step in to take over next year (a good plan I think) - keeping Akili is cheaper and allows this plan to develop w/ out any problems... The only reason I can see the coaching staff preferring to cut him is so that Carson can get more snaps in practice, therefore, expediating his learning process. That makes some sense, but I hope that don't do it - just dont want Palmer tossed in there early in the season if Kitna gets hurt and getting somewhat shellshocked...

... ...and believe it or not, it is actually cheaper to keep him this year than it is to cut him.. I dont want to see Palmer tossed in there w/out a good grasp of the system and that will take some time. let him sit out this whole season to learn (a good plan I think) keeping Akili is cheaper and allows this plan to develop - just dont want Palmer tossed in there early and getting somewhat shellshocked...

well put i could'nt have said it better