From the Ravens website.......

BengalsDieHard1

From the Ravens official NFL website:

Is this weekend's Bengals-Ravens matchup the biggest regular season game in team history?

Yes 67%

No 33%

Total Votes: 1422

Do you think this is the Bengals biggest regular season game in the past 12 years?

And what are the keys to winning this one?

My 2 cents: If we keep Jamal under 120 yards and have the least amount of turnovers.....we will WIN BABY!!!

GO BENGALS!!!!

Do you think this is the Bengals biggest regular season game in the past 12 years?

Not by a mile. Not by several miles. Not by several hundred miles.

The biggest regular season Bengals game occured last December 29 in Buffalo, where the Bengals -- thank heavens -- got stomped 27-9. Had they won that game, on the heels of the victory over New Orleans the week before, we would have finished 3-13 on the year and 2-0 in our last 2 games. I guaran-frickin'-tee you that had that happened, Mikey would have come out, served up one of his patented "we're moving in the right direction" speeches, and we'd have Dick LeBlow & Co. and an 0-12 record and Carson Palmer on course to set a new single-season sack record right now.

I think the week 3 loss (30-3) to Atlanta last season was the biggest game the past two seasons. Think about it, all of the national attention we got, the local outrage, the embarrassment turned to aggression towards Mike Brown. Do you think Lapham, Louis Breedom, Mike Martin, Solomon Wilcots would have wrote their letters to Brown published in the Enquirer? I honestly think that this game set the stage for our transition. After all, 12 years of losing and the sudden change? It went from local depression to national aggression with attacks from all publications (including NY Times).

If the game was not on national television, we might still be listening to Dick LeBeau's robotica charisma.

So the Atlanta loss was a good thing, you're saying. I never thought of it that way, but in hindsight, you may be right.

I remember how fired up I was to watch that game. And all of the heat I took on Monday morning. If you're taking that route though, you could argue that the San Diego game last year when our team was clearly not ready to play. that whole season followed the precedent set in that game.

Plus, I have friends from San Diego and the taunting was brutal.

I think the week 3 loss (30-3) to Atlanta last season was the biggest game the past two seasons. Think about it, all of the national attention we got, the local outrage, the embarrassment turned to aggression towards Mike Brown. Do you think Lapham, Louis Breedom, Mike Martin, Solomon Wilcots would have wrote their letters to Brown published in the Enquirer? I honestly think that this game set the stage for our transition. After all, 12 years of losing and the sudden change? It went from local depression to national aggression with attacks from all publications (including NY Times).

If the game was not on national television, we might still be listening to Dick LeBeau's robotica charisma.

You could be right. That was indeed a huge game. I'd forgotten about those "letter to Mike" in the Enquirer. Ouch! But I still think that if they had managed even a third win, just so it wasn't the worst season ever, Mikey's innate loyalty would have kicked in. Thankfully, we'll never know! :D