Bengals PRIME TIME NEXT YEAR?

vettespd20

Prime time, meaning MNF or ESPN Sunday Night? I'd say the chances are good - we had one game on each hthis year, and the league seems to be even more respectful of the Bengals this year.

I can tell you, the commentators here in NE said (more than once!) after today's game that they expect the Bengals to be the Pat's biggest competition over the coming years, Biggest Competiition? What about the Colts, the Steelers, the Chargers? But that's what they said. And on ESPN some commentator said he now thought that Carson Palmer would e a bigger star then Big Ben in Pittsburgh.

If those sentiments continue through the end of the season, expect the Bengals to get some serious exposure...

Palmer sould put up Manning type #'s, unlike Ben. It's up the Bengals to build the defense through the draft and re-sign their offensive stars if at all possible. TJ's playing himself into a nice contract, as is Rudi.

They have an offensive dyansty core and should do everything they can to keep it together and protect them.

we will definately be in primetime next year. This team is going in the right direction. I love how Marvin Lewis has turned this franchise around. Even though we lost today, I expect the Jungle to be rockin' next week against the bills. Next year its playoffs for sure. Marvin Lewis was a long awaited gift from God.

Who-Dey :player:

we will definately be in primetime next year. This team is going in the right direction. I love how Marvin Lewis has turned this franchise around. Even though we lost today, I expect the Jungle to be rockin' next week against the bills. Next year its playoffs for sure. Marvin Lewis was a long awaited gift from God.

I AGREE I AGREE :player:

What he said.

I noticed that they put up the top teams this year .... two of which ... the Steelers and the Patriots we gave as good as we got to for most of the games. Could say that we should have beaten the both of them, but fact is we didn't.

We Will next year.

What you have to keep in mind is that we're doing it this year with a first year starter at qb and with a supporting cast of rookies and fa's that Lewis has had to collect in rebuilding this team literally from the ground up. You've seen the improvement from week to week. Now there have been some setbacks and everyone should have known there would be. You can't put unreasonable expectations on this team after less than 2 full seasons.

We played 2 primetime games this year and won both of them. We've taken on the top defenses every other week and did pretty dam well. This week we threw a scare into the Champs in their own house ( and anyone who says they didn't get their sphincter puckered is a liar ) where they haven't lost in ... How long ????

Yeah ... we're going to have primetime games next year cause the playoffs are always in primetime ...... and a whole bunch of these laffing boys will be watching and laffing out the other side of their faces. :player: :player: :player: :ph34r: :player: :ph34r: :player:

The Bengals will get some prime time action next year -- they should at least. They won both prime time games, they have an explosive offense featuring dynamic receivers and a budding super-star quarterback, they have the story of the Marvin Lewis-led resurgence, they have a stadium that looks reasonably good on TV, and their odd but striking uniforms make for good branding.

The Bengals are playing with the best in the league and beating the tier just below them at times. The Patriots game both confirmed what they can do, and showed them what else they need to do to be an elite team. I don't believe we've seen the best of this year's Bengals yet, so they could easily win out the rest of the season - including the Philly game.

We'll see about this year, but they're too exciting not to have at least one prime-time appearance - probably two.

There are too many teams that get too much exposure on Monday Night and Sunday Night. Teams like the Ravens, Packers and Cowboys seem to be on every other week. The later two are not very good teams and might not make the playoffs but they have a marquee name and identity.

I would like to see the Bengals get one or two games next year and I would also like to see someone new like San Diego get on too. I think after this year they have earned it.

We didn't have a winning record last year (8 - 8) and got both a Sunday night and a Monday night game. And we won both of those games, by the way. And the Bengals are becoming a very exciting team on offense (defense needs to catch up) -- exciting offense = better ratings = better chance of getting a prime time game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had 3 prime time games next year, two of them at home.  The Jungle showed up nicely and the games were good.

This is hilarious. We get these two two knucleheads(criqui/Tasker) wrong quote posted fro some reason) doing almost every bills game, and they both live in Buffalo, and we still hate them doing the games. On the Bills board, there is a running thread about our weekly Criqui Rant. Thank goodness not doing this weeks game, however we get them back for our next game . BTW, i hate primetime games.