Peter Warrick

wittbengal29

what up board, first post although i frequent this site...i was wondering what you all thought of peter warrick and his future with the club...i saw a bunch of his jersey's marked down to about 15 bucks, i definately steered clear...i dont know if he'll ever be back...he started to produce and i think if he skips town or cant play we definately need to find another receiver to compliment cj and kw...

one of my buddies informed me it might be a career threatening degenerative hip that actually kept him out...anyone know for sure what the deal is? i hope that isnt the case and i have heard wrong...just wondering what everyone thinks...

Who knows honestly, the Bengals have not been upfront about it for whatever reason - I don't know about his hip but apparently he has a degenerating knee possibly - but, so did Corey Dillon supposably a few years ago.

He had a fracture, he should've been kept off of his feet altogether until healed - they didn't do that and he continued to practice/play run on it - so I assume he'll be fine next year now that he can rest it for a year.

He will come at a bargain price and I hope the Bengals make every effort to resign him if he's going to be 100% by training camp, which I assume he will at this point.

Warrick signed a 7 year deal in 2000.

The last year was voidable and he had

his agent void them already. But that was before

Marvin was named Head Coach.

Anyway he is signed through 2005.

And here is what he said on Bengals.com yesterday.

“I’ll come back about 120 percent. I’ll be better than ’03,” Warrick said. Because, “I’m letting my body heal, let my knee heal. Let my shin heal. I’ve got something to prove not to the world, but to me.”

As for speculation about arthritis in his knee, Warrick said, "No way. Too young for that, man."

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCur...=0&news_id=2572

And Welcome to the Board. I`m kind of new here too. B)

i shopped around the dayton area and at a tj maxx store they were like 18 or so dollars, they had kw jersey's also they were reeboks and didnt look cheap or anything...

not a bad deal, but i went for the ted ginn jr jersey (probably left over chris gambles) for the ostate game instead, also at a cheap ass price...he sure came through for us against michigan...

Are you Sure that he is Signed through 2005 ?

“I’ll come back about 120 percent. I’ll be better than ’03,” Warrick said. Because, “I’m letting my body heal, let my knee heal. Let my shin heal. I’ve got something to prove not to the world, but to me.”

Well I am going to set myself in agreement with him on that....

What a Boost it will be to have a fully healthy Warrick Back next year.

Roll w/ P-Dub. Dude wants in bad. Whole different situation in red zone and 3rd down w/ P-Dub in.

2005 cap hit appears to be $3.7 million based on original contract below in 2000 Post article. Worth the risk, IMO.

Warrick put on alert;

Bonus tied to behavior

By Sean Keeler, Post staff reporter

The Bengals want the same thing as Peter Warrick - they'd like the criminal transgressions of his past to stay in his past. And they're dangling significant money to make sure that happens.

Warrick is finishing a 30-day community service sentence in Florida this month for his role in a petty theft scandal last fall in Florida. In his first contract with the Bengals, a copy of which has been obtained by The Post, the Bengals have tied $3.47 million toward his completing the sentence before preseason camp opens July 21.

According to the contract, Warrick will not receive $3.47 million - 40.9 percent - of his $8.47 million signing bonus until he completes his 30-day sentence.

As part of the sentence, Warrick is on probation for 12 months and must pick up trash along Florida roadsides. He has a little more than two weeks remaining on the sentence but should be taking a break this week. Warrick was expected to arrive in Cincinnati earlier today in preparation for the team's next set of veteran voluntary workouts, which run Tuesday-Thursday at Spinney Field.

Another part of the contract indicates the Bengals want to keep Warrick in Cincinnati as much as possible in the offseason. He is scheduled to receive a $600,000 bonus if he participates in the Bengals' off-season workout program, which begins the first weekend of February, starting in the winter of 2001 and continuing in 2002 and 2003.

All workouts are to take place on the club's premises in Cincinnati. Warrick must pay back some of the bonus if he misses any one of the weeks. He'll receive a bonus of $200,000 for taking part in the off-season workout program from 2004-2006, again for 14 weeks, and for four days in each of those weeks.

The NFL Players Association lists the total worth of the contract topping out at $38 million for six years, with an $8.47 million signing bonus - not $42 for seven with a $10-plus million bonus, as had been reported by the Bengals and other news sources.

According to the NFLPA, Warrick is scheduled to make $193,000 in base salary in 2000; $400,000 in 2001; $770,000 in 2002; $1.34 million in 2003; $1.560 million in 2004; $1.780 million in 2005; $2 million in 2006. There are also reporting bonuses of $687,000 (2000), $700,000 (2001), $550,000 (2002), and $200,000 (2004).

Warrick received $1 million of his signing bonus last week. He is scheduled to receive $2 million on or before Jan. 15, 2001 and $2 million more on or before Jan. 15, 2002. Base salaries, workout and reporting bonuses add up to around $20 million over seven seasons. Another $18 million could kick in if a number of statistical elevators - or raises - are reached.

Other highlights of the deal:

A number of escalators which increase the value at any point in the first six seasons of the contract. If Warrick achieves one of the following four goals - 801 or more receiving yards, an average of 18.6 yards per catch (minimum 32 receptions), 76 points or more or 70 or more catches - he'll get a $500,000 signing bonus the following March 15 and his base salary jumps $500,000 over the rest of the contract.

A bonus of $400,000 if he has either 1,400 receiving yards or 100 catches in his rookie year. The rookie record for receiving yards is 1,473 by Bill Groman of the 1960 AFL Houston Oilers; for catches, it's 90, set by Terry Glenn with the New England Patriots in 1996. Glenn also had 1,132 yards in receptions that year, the most for any first-year player since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970.

A bonus tied to reaching 1,100 yards in a season. If he does it once, his base salary goes up $125,000 for the rest of the contract. If he does it twice, it goes up $250,000 for the remaining years and goes up by $250,000 if he does it three times. If he does it four times, it goes up $500,000; five times, $750,000.

Additional annual bonuses up to $2.3 million if he hits the 80-, 90- or 100-catch mark or 1,000, 1,100, 1,200, 1,300 or 1,400 yards in catches in any given season.

Two parts of the bonus are tied to the Bengals' performance. If at any point in 2000-2006 he gets 1,200 or more yards receiving or 90 or more catches and the Bengals win six games, he receives an additional $100,000 that season.

season.

Two parts of the bonus are tied to the Bengals' performance. If at any point in 2000-2006 he gets 1,200 or more yards receiving or 90 or more catches and the Bengals win six games, he receives an additional $100,000 that season.

Between 2000-06, if Warrick in any season plays on 45 percent of the downs, not counting special teams, and has 1,500 yards receiving and the Bengals reach the postseason, he'll get another $500,000.

A provision where he must ''fully cooperate'' with any request for an interview or player profile with the team's new web site, www.bengals.com.

A $100,000 bonus for being named the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year by either the Associated Press or Pro Football Weekly.

A voidable seventh year if at any point in the previous six he appears in 45 percent of the offensive downs.

Publication date: 06-12-00

Are you Sure that he is Signed through 2005 ?

Well I am going to set myself in agreement with him on that....

What a Boost it will be to have a fully healthy Warrick Back next year.

Yep.

Player Profile

Warrick, Peter

View Stats at Players Inc Site

Player Info

Draft Info

WR (#80)

Year: 2000

Cincinnati Bengals

Round: 1

Ellenton, FL

Position: 4

Salary History

2000 193,000.00

2001 400,000.00

2002 1,270,000.00

2003 1,840,000.00

2004 2,060,000.00

2005 2,280,000.00

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subP...e+Player+Search

He originally signed a 7 year deal.

But the last year was voidable. He had his agent

void it before Marvin was hired.

i shopped around the dayton area and at a tj maxx store they were like 18 or so dollars, they had kw jersey's also they were reeboks and didnt look cheap or anything...

TJ Maxx is the s**t, so is Marshall's. Gabriel Bros. is cool, but the only one I've ever been to was in West Virginia, about 30 minutes from Athens, and you have to weed through a lot of bs to get some quality, kinda like some of the women I've dated. :lol:

(at that dayton TJ Maxx store I scored a sweet as baseball satin style Bengal jacket....beautiful. And they have old school Palmer jerseys there too, which I might pickup eventually.)

Everytime I go in there, I end up spending money. Layaways after layaways.

But I'm a compulsive spender, so that explains that.

Ok, carry on.

TJ Maxx is the s**t, so is Marshall's. Gabriel Bros. is cool, but the only one I've ever been to was in West Virginia, about 30 minutes from Athens, and you have to weed through a lot of bs to get some quality, kinda like some of the women I've dated. :lol:

(at that dayton TJ Maxx store I scored a sweet as baseball satin style Bengal jacket....beautiful. And they have old school Palmer jerseys there too, which I might pickup eventually.)

Everytime I go in there, I end up spending money. Layaways after layaways.

But I'm a compulsive spender, so that explains that.

Ok, carry on.

I was watchin the Homeshopping network. And they had these really cute jerseys on there. I was going to order one, but then i relized I had no money on my credit card.

So I went to JCpennys and bought a cheap Bengle hoody for $10.

Since were on the subject of clothes. I bought this shirt at American Eagle, and it had a tiger on it and was orange and black. It was sooo cute, and it looked like a Bengle shirt.

There is this website, and it is a NFL clothes site. You can get anything there. I forgot the site, I ordered a bunch of stuff of off it. I think i got a hoodie, bunch of tshirts, a gstring. They all had the bengals logo on it, of course.

I mean they sell everything there. And it has your favorite team logo on it. Ill have to find that site again.

not a bad deal, but i went for the ted ginn jr jersey (probably left over chris gambles) for the ostate game instead, also at a cheap ass price...he sure came through for us against michigan...

LOL, they're at tj maxx for a reason, and they aren't the new jerseys either...