Manning vs. Warner

We all know that Eli Manning is the future of the franchise, but what does everyone think about the move to start him with the Giants still right in the thick of things in a weak NFC. Warner's numbers aren't bad at all- 1927 yds 62.7 completion % 6 TD 4 INT and an 85.5 QB rating. Was this the right move at this time for this season? I think they are setting Manning up to fail. Maybe in a few weeks if they were out of it, but 9-7 could definitely get a team in. Again, just talking about this year.

I personally don't think Warner is a great QB. He is GOOD, but with the Rams I thought he was a bit over-rated. I mean, hes pretty good yeah, but it just seems to me he makes bad mistakes at bad times. He also gets sacked a lot but you cant blame him fully for that. His stats this year are pretty good however, but he's not one of the elite QB's. Or maybe I just think this because I dont like the Giants much :D , but weather it was a good move or not, who knows, we'll hafta see this weekend. Like you said obviosuly Manning is the future, and if he has a poor game, it does not look like a good decision, but we'll have to wait to see.

My best guess is they figure their season is now over, and instead of waiting until the beginning of next season to bring in their #1 draft pick QB as we did, they're going to try to break him in as early as possible. This may, or may not be a good idea. As in all things, time will tell.

I thought I saw a stat that read Warner took 24 sacks in the last 4 games.

My thoughts:

1. Warner holds onto the ball too long and can't gun it to the first available receiver because he's always looking for that 15 yard pass -- which made him famous in ST. Louis.

2. Warner is just fighting to save his life which then questions; why would you put in a kid in a system that bad? Parcells knows football and he won't put in Henson until Dallas starts showing some signs of improvement so the kid doesn't have to take the team himself.

3. Who knows? Big Ben and Big Brain Krentzel are doing alright coming into the starting role and going undefeated. Perhaps this is the spark the Giants need to win down the home-stretch.

4. His name is Manning and he'll be just fine.

Warner is a vet, yes he holds the ball too long, but EVERY ROOKIE holds the ball too long, with the exception of Big Ben who shows veteran poise and decision making as a rookie.

Eli is just as slow and no more mobile than Warner.

It's going to continue to be sack city, and by the end of the season, the Giants are going to wish they had just waited and taken Big Ben instead of trading away the franchise for Eli

Warner is a vet, yes he holds the ball too long, but EVERY ROOKIE holds the ball too long, with the exception of Big Ben who shows veteran poise and decision making as a rookie.

Eli is just as slow and no more mobile than Warner.

It's going to continue to be sack city, and by the end of the season, the Giants are going to wish they had just waited and taken Big Ben instead of trading away the franchise for Eli

You're 100% correct and they are making a QB change while they are tied for a wildcard spot. That is almost unheard of.

I thought I saw a stat that read Warner took 24 sacks in the last 4 games.

My thoughts:

1. Warner holds onto the ball too long and can't gun it to the first available receiver because he's always looking for that 15 yard pass -- which made him famous in ST. Louis.

2. Warner is just fighting to save his life which then questions; why would you put in a kid in a system that bad? Parcells knows football and he won't put in Henson until Dallas starts showing some signs of improvement so the kid doesn't have to take the team himself.

3. Who knows? Big Ben and Big Brain Krentzel are doing alright coming into the starting role and going undefeated. Perhaps this is the spark the Giants need to win down the home-stretch.

4. His name is Manning and he'll be just fine.

Kurt Warner is an ARENA LEAGUE QB. He's always looking for the big play instead of just getting that 5-10 yard completion. The Giants' Offense isn't designed for the Long Bomb. The Giants have no receivers that get that much separation. They lack speed. If Warner used his Tight End and "Shockey" them to death, then he would have it a whole lot easier.

Jeremy Shockey is very UNDERRATED. He has soft hands, he can block, he's spiteful, and he's mean as f**k. He just created a very bad name for himself.

;)

Jeremy Shockey is very UNDERRATED. He has soft hands, he can block, he's spiteful, and he's mean as f**k. He just created a very bad name for himself.

;)

I just don't understand how people do that to themselves! It must be intentional to a certain degree, don't you think? :D