the defense

volcom69

I was wondering everyones talking about how bad our guys are and how bad our coaching is, but i look around the league and i see Oakland with great players on the defense, on the line and there secondary and stuff and there getting beat real bad. They have a huge defensive takle and they get run on just as bad as us. So im just wondering what is it lack of good players or coaching cause one week they look good and the next they suck, to me its the players not playing there best. Just asking what u guys think it is.

well the raiders linebackers are horrible and so are their DE's...so everyone runs all over them outside. Our DT's and middle linebackers are bad so ppl run all over us in the middle. got it?

Well firstly Volcom69, I wouldn't say the Raiders have great players on D. They went out and got two over the hill DT's this offseason (Thanks Al for making sure the Bengals didn't make the Sapp mistake) and this improves a D how? Their D-line makes ours look all-pro. At least our players have youth and can improve. How the hell is Sapp or Washington gonna get any better? Size matters, but it's not the be all end all of a d-line. knowledge, leverage, speed, and size, now that's the ticket

yea i know there defense is not that great but it was just an example, cause everyone was saying how the raiders defense was going to be great now with sapp and washington. Now how is it though the defense can sometimes come out and play and other times they just look bad. Is it the coaching or the players, i mean is he calling the right plays and our guys are just not in position or is it he calls the wrong plays.

Sapp is very overrated. He was on a great defensive line. When you have McFarland, Rice, and Sapp. They will all have their fair shares of sacks. Same could be said for Seymore with McGuniest (when he was a DE) and Washington.

Also gotta consider this huge list of injuries this week for the Faiders:

OUT WR Carlos Francis (Knee)

G Frank Middleton (Quadricep)

DOUBTFUL OLB Travian Smith (Knee)

G Ron Stone (Knee)

NT Ted Washington (Ribs)

RB Tyrone Wheatley (Shoulder)

CB Charles Woodson (Hip)

QUESTIONABLE WR Ronald Curry (Hamstring)

RB Justin Fargas (Toe)

WR Doug Gabriel (Hamstring)

T Robert Gallery (Groin)

ILB Napoleon Harris (Knee)

WR Alvis Whitted (Hip)

That and their age is also a factor. Their teams didnt just let them go out their for anyreason. Both Tampa Bay and NE have a better record than the Faiders. So it looks like they knew something.

I was wondering everyones talking about how bad our guys are and how bad our coaching is, but i look around the league and i see Oakland with great players on the defense, on the line and there secondary and stuff and there getting beat real bad. They have a huge defensive takle and they get run on just as bad as us. So im just wondering what is it lack of good players or coaching cause one week they look good and the next they suck, to me its the players not playing there best. Just asking what u guys think it is.

Oakland Raiders are a DIRTY team. That is why they have that "great" defense. :lol: