Conditioning?

kybengalsfan

Ok, I will admit to being unable to logically figure out what is wrong with our boys. Coordinators, players, injuries, curses, and other explanations. Well, I realize this may not be well-received, but I think the problem may be conditioning.

First, a team that is not well conditioned is not confident, not loose. Do our guys really look confident? Of course not!

Second, the proof is in the pudding. All one has to do is watch our guys being outmuscled by every team we play, with the exception of the Dolphins offensive line. Thanks, Miami!

Third, the will to compete. Is it me, or did it appear that O'Neal gave up on the receiver during the 99 yard pass play against the Turds? Once he caught the ball, O'Neal seemed to be closing in .... then all of a sudden slows down and the guy easily scores the TD. At first I thought maybe O'Neal pulled a muscle (then we could understand his slowing down) but we have not heard if that is true or not. Apparently not, he continued in the lineup. Lack of will or conditioning?

Fourth, the horrendous amount of injuries. A lack of conditioning usually results in injuries, in almost any sport.

Now, I am sure the players and coaches will deny any of my ideas above, but they make sense to my observations of this season. As the coach says: "I see better than I hear." :angry:

I thought Marvin had greatly improved the conditioning programme since he arrived - or so it had been reported.

To repsond to your points:-

1. No we do not look confident. That may be due to a new QB, new players, lot's of back-up's starting due to injuries.

2. We have a small team as Marvin regards speed over brawn.

3. I think he just plain knew he was beat

4. The Bengals injury curse usually strikes in camp/pre-season and has gone on for the last god knows how many years.

5. 4th quarter we're always chasing the game, trying to work a miracle. If we had a 10point lead going into the final 5 minutes I'm sure we'd look totally different. Perhaps we'll see on Monday night ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Marvin had greatly improved the conditioning programme since he arrived - or so it had been reported.

To repsond to your points:-

1. No we do not look confident. That may be due to a new QB, new players, lot's of back-up's starting due to injuries.

2. We have a small team as Marvin regards speed over brawn.

3. I think he just plain knew he was beat

4. The Bengals injury curse usually strikes in camp/pre-season and has gone on for the last god knows how many years.

5. 4th quarter we're always chasing the game, trying to work a miracle. If we had a 10point lead going into the final 5 minutes I'm sure we'd look totally different. Perhaps we'll see on Monday night ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know I think if Deltha took the right angle, then I think he might have caught the guy.

However, Deltha clearly gave up. I don't know how you get THAT OPEN against an NFL caliber CB. Obviously Deltha's play was sub-par against the Terds.

But he wasn't the only one--eh, Chad Johnson????