Moore, Herring Hurt

HoosierCat

Early injury report/position change notes for the Fins game on bengals.com"

Lewis said the starting lineup has an excellent chance to be bolstered by the return of weak-side linebacker Brian Simmons (knee) and cornerback Deltha O’Neal (ankle) for Sunday night’s game against the Dolphins. But they may not have rookie linebacker Caleb Miller this week after he sprained his ankle in the first half.

Lewis also said that offensive lineman Larry Moore (knee) and safety Kim Herring (ankle) are in the doubtful-questionable category. With O’Neal coming back, Lewis said rookie cornerback Madieu Williams could move to safety after playing in place of O’Neal for four games.

ARRRGGGHHH!!!! :(:wacko::angry::blink::huh::wacko: Who do we have to bribe to get a friggin' healthy o-lineman???? Losing Herring would stink, too, he was OK yesterday. Aye yi yi yi yi, this team just can't catch a break (that doesn't involve bones, that is!).

As for putting W back at safety, I agree. He has great speed but zero technique at corner. (not a surprise since he was a safety in college). But whatever they do they are going to have to pick a spot and put him there. If they keep bouncing him back and forth they'll just create Mark Roman the 2nd. :wacko:

As for putting W back at safety, I agree. He has great speed but zero technique at corner. (not a surprise since he was a safety in college)

Au Contraire, Joisey....he did play CB while he was at Maryland, but not nearly as much as he did safety.

As for putting W back at safety, I agree. He has great speed but zero technique at corner. (not a surprise since he was a safety in college)

Au Contraire, Joisey....he did play CB while he was at Maryland, but not nearly as much as he did safety.

And it shows. I'm not faulting MW, he was in an impossible position, getting thrown in on opening day. I was watching the Packers/Panthers game last night and frankly I didn't think Chris Gamble played any better.

This is one of the few points where I have to question Marvin & Frazier. MW is promising but wouldn't it have been better to start an experienced corner like Bauman? It's 20/20 hindsight, of course, but I think the answer was yes.

Some more mixed injury news from the enquirer:

INJURY UPDATES: Miller (ankle) is doubtful for the Miami game Sunday night, Lewis said.

Offensive lineman Larry Moore (knee) and safety Kim Herring (foot) are questionable.

Herring said he hurt his foot making a cut during the game Sunday. Moore injured his knee while running, Lewis said.

Moore started at left guard and moved to center when Rich Braham left the game. Braham, who had arthroscopic knee surgery Sept. 1, is expected to play Sunday.

There's a chance, if Herring can't play, that Williams would be moved to free safety and Deltha O'Neal could start at cornerback.

"So far today, Deltha has checked out fine physically. There is a shot," Lewis said of the lineup juggling.

O'Neal injured his ankle in the preseason opener Aug. 16 and only returned to practice late last week.

"I'm missing out on a lot. I feel like I'm behind everybody right now," O'Neal said. "As soon as I get back, I want to try and make an impact as soon as I get out there."

O'Neal also said whether he plays is his decision.

Also, rookie defensive end Robert Geathers (ankle) could be upgraded to doubtful, Lewis said, and rookie defensive tackle Matthias Askew might need minor surgery on his knee.

Askew needs a scope job now too??? Sheesh. And bengals.com says Moore may need knee surgery, too. Sigh. But at least it sounds like Simmons and O'Neal will be back. I think we have to sign a center this week, tho.

Bengals are stacked in the secondary w/ decent players. No worries there.

But if Moore goes out, there's no back-up center to Braham.

If Braham goes out again -- who snaps? :wacko:

Since Brad St. Louis is the long snapper could he Center in a pinch??? I know his has no size, but at least he's a little familar with the process...

Bengals are stacked in the secondary w/ decent players. No worries there.

But if Moore goes out, there's no back-up center to Braham.

If Braham goes out again -- who snaps? :wacko:

Since Brad St. Louis is the long snapper could he Center in a pinch??? I know his has no size, but at least he's a little familar with the process...

Hey welcome in redsfan75, nice sig. I hope we never get in such a pinch as mentioned above..... :huh:

I would say no, only because an offensive center needs experience calling out the linemen blocks and to read blitzes as well. Long snapping on special teams doesn't require too much mental thought.

This is why, I believe, Braham was a much needed signing this off-season. I'm wth Joisey, we need to find a center in the FA market...

Welcome aboard RF75 B)