Helmet to Helmet

gregcook68

Let me first say I'm a supporter of the safety BEHIND this rule ESPECIALLY after watching the movie 'Concussion' with Will Smith.

True story and highly recommended, about the foreign doctor who pushed for and eventually got the NFL to succumb to concussion protocol after guys like Mike Webster (former Steelers center) suffered and died from brain injuries.

After seeing the Hilton penalty I really think they need to review ALL helmet to helmet flags from New York, just like I believe they do for every TD and turn over.

Throw thw flag, have it reviewed immediately and let NFL decide who gets the penalty.

Hilton went low, well under the RB's helmet and at the last second RB lowered his helmet into Hilton even the announcers agreed.

Roger Godell is a clown.     There shouldn't be flags thrown except for the obvious head hunting while in the game.   Its pure stupidity this is how they choose to deal with it.

They have experts at their disposal, endless video, and time.   Take it off line out of the game and review every play every week AFTER the game.  Tally the helmet to helmet violations.  Assess fines/suspensions.    Then in the minority cases were a player refuses to correct remove them from the league for a longer period of time.

There is no reason for these ticky tack calls that are subjective and effect the out come of games and should be working toward removing players that can't play the game without using the head as a target or weapon.

Shazier would be out of the league but fully capable if this were process and goal.

23 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Roger Godell is a clown.     There shouldn't be flags thrown except for the obvious head hunting while in the game.   Its pure stupidity this is how they choose to deal with it.

They have experts at their disposal, endless video, and time.   Take it off line out of the game and review every play every week AFTER the game.  Tally the helmet to helmet violations.  Assess fines/suspensions.    Then in the minority cases were a player refuses to correct remove them from the league for a longer period of time.

There is no reason for these ticky tack calls that are subjective and effect the out come of games and should be working toward removing players that can't play the game without using the head as a target or weapon.

Shazier would be out of the league but fully capable if this were process and goal.

I'm not disagreeing, just encouraging to watch 'Concussion'.

The NFL were lying and we're NEVER going to acknowledge the dangers UNTIL one of their own staff members, who was staunchly against concussion protocol, ended up putting a bullet in his head leaving a note of admission.

The Swamp runs deep!

• Like 1

Just doesn't need to be on the field.   Take steps and time to review and remove bad actors from the league.  Including drug cheats.

I guarantee you if Little Johnny in Pee Wee was head hunting he'd be removed and some leagues going all the way back to the 70s had weight limits by age.

But you expect a middle age Ref to catch it all?  Dumb.  Use your resources and make this a better TV product at the same time.