Aroldis Chapman

BengalszoneBilly

There should be little question that the Reds are in full rebuild mode.  There's no real reason to hold onto Chapman, when you can get something for him now.

I always enjoyed going to the ballpark and seeing him throw 100+ mph.  105 fast balls aren't something you come across very often.

This may be held up, but sooner or later Chapman will be in another uniform and he won't be the last Reds player seen leaving either.

2016 will be the year of suck for sure.  I've already embraced it.

36 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

There should be little question that the Reds are in full rebuild mode.  There's no real reason to hold onto Chapman, when you can get something for him now.

I always enjoyed going to the ballpark and seeing him throw 100+ mph.  105 fast balls aren't something you come across very often.

This may be held up, but sooner or later Chapman will be in another uniform and he won't be the last Reds player seen leaving either.

2016 will be the year of suck for sure.  I've already embraced it.

Word on the wire is the whole team is available for trades. Except Joey Votto. No trade clause. Cincy is where he wants to stay. Old school kind of guy.

Here's from the news report on the Chapman incident. Sexting may have been involved. Damn cell phones!

Police report: Aroldis Chapman allegedly fired gunshots, 'choked' girlfriend in domestic incident

By Tim Brown and Jeff Passan12 hours agoYahoo Sports
  •  
  •  
  •  

Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman allegedly fired eight gunshots in the garage of his Miami-area home following an October argument with his girlfriend in which she told police he “choked” her and pushed her against a wall, according to police reports obtained by Yahoo Sports.

No arrests were made after the incident, in which more than a dozen police officers were dispatched to Chapman’s home in Davie, Fla., around 11 p.m. on Oct. 30. Chapman’s girlfriend exited the house and hid in bushes following the argument that stemmed from something she found on Chapman’s cellphone, according to the police report.

"I've reviewed the facts as portrayed," Jay Reisinger, Chapman’s attorney, told Yahoo Sports on Monday night. "On behalf of Mr. Chapman, we vehemently deny the allegations as stated. Beyond that, we have no further comment at this time."

How there were no arrests is beyond me. And now the trade to L.A. is now (not surprisingly) On Hold.

How did something like this go unmentioned from any news outlet since the end of October ??

Not questioning the events, only that it seems next to impossible for that to happen.

We heard about Johnny dumbass partying during the bye week, but nothing about a major leaguer choking his girlfriend and shooting up his garage ??

• 3 weeks later...

Twenty days later and the move is finally made. Chapman to the Yankees for four minor leaguers. These guys better pan out.

Right-handed starter Rookie Davis and third baseman Eric Jagielo are the main return for Cincinnati, along with right-handed reliever Caleb Cotham – who pitched for a short time in the big leagues last season – and second baseman Tony Renda. Davis, 22, is a 6-foot-5, 250-pounder who last season struck out nearly a batter an inning and posted nearly a 5-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Jagielo, 23, is a former first-round pick out of Notre Dame whose inability to stay healthy has hampered him, as has questions surrounding his ability to stay at third base.

The 3rd baseman in the deal (Jagielo) was the Yankees 1st rounder in 2013, but I can't say much about the others in the deal without going to look something up.

I understand the rebuild and knew it was coming, but I can't help but feel the Reds have just executed the rebuild poorly to this point.
What I mean is, it seems they could have gotten better value for these guys had they moved them when they were hot.
They weren't winning anything last season at the midway point and knew where they were headed.
Maybe there wasn't a willing partner, but I don't think that was truly the situation.

I could be wrong, but I expect this team to stink up the joint for the near future.

Thank God they gave Bailey all that money huh ?? Geesh...

Oh yeah, they should have made all these moves a year ago.

They entered last season with practically the same roster that stunk things up the year before expecting things to magically change for the better?  Oh wait, forgive me...they DID add Marlon Byrd, after all.  Can't believe that didn't make the difference.

• 6 months later...

I just watched Sports Center. Chapman was on being interviewed about his first appearance as a Cub. Made me sick. The Reds go out and get exceptional players only to gut the team a couple years afterwards. They piss me the f**k off. God I miss the years of the Big Red Machine. You aquire good players, you keep good players. This organization will never again compete. NEVER.

Football season cannot get here fast enough...