ackley1

How will USA finish?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How will USA finish?

• Gold
    • Silver
    • Bronze
    • No medal

i aint saying anything yet. Even though i really dont like the team right now, its still USA and i want gold no matter the event....once we get out of the pool ill give u a guess.

Team USA is a joke. I can't believe some people insist on calling them the dream team....It's not that the players aren't skilled....But damn, the entire unit is poorly designed to play international level basketball. I honestly don't see them winning a gold....

Team USA is a joke. I can't believe some people insist on calling them the dream team....It's not that the players aren't skilled....But damn, the entire unit is poorly designed to play international level basketball. I honestly don't see them winning a gold....

I think it parallels the state of the NBA today.

I think it parallels the state of the NBA today.

I agree. The NBA has forgotten about fundementals. All everybody wants to do is dunk.

its definately not the dream team. The dream team woulda been the top 12 from the NBA playing like in 1992. These guys are top 50 in the NBA, not top 12. They still have talent, but i dont think many care if they do well as long as their stats are solid. Look at Marbury....Brown's about to bench him permanently if he doesnt start playing point like a point gaurd should.

Any team that chooses Stephon Marbury deserves to lose.

Man, I couldn't agree more!!! Then to choose the Babies (aka Dum Dum James and 'Melo).

STOOOOOOOO-PID!!!!!!!

Can anyone make anything over 20 feet on the American Team???

I say NO MEDAL. It's a f**king disgrace. I'm red in the face with anger and embarrassment.

After all, we INVENTED THE f**king GAME!!!!!! Shouldn't we be the best at it???

p.s.

Just kidding about the "invented" thing.

It's funny, I would never pull for NZ over America in any sport....except Basketball now. I really want to see team USA get hammered. A bunch of spoiled little brats expecting teams to roll over for them.... :angry:

Ya'll are nothing but a bunch haters to come out and criticize Team USA.

These players including MArbury and Iverson WANTED TO REPRESENT AMERICA

The least you guys can do is show a litte f---ing respect.

Bitch at Shaq, Garnett, etc. Bitch at fundamentals.

But Im sick of hearing that they're rich spoiled babies.

They chose to play and played hard and they did as well as they could.

I guess some Americans have to learn to deal with LOSING.

The rules are set up for us to fail at this point and besides, the refs fouling out Tim Duncan every game didn't help us either.

So stop you're bitching.

GO LIETUVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see it as so much as a letdown by the American team as I do a step up by other nations teams. You got to admit these boy's can play some ball!

Exactly Billy.

Our atheletes are far superior...

It's a lack of good shooting, a poor knowledge of the international rules, and a lack of fundamentals. Get the real Dream Team in there, and they'd still dominate.

I don't see it as so much as a letdown by the American team as I do a step up by other nations teams. You got to admit these boy's can play some ball!

This is the backbone for the future of the NBA; sound horrible? Well it should. They didn't learn one damned thing with the original dream team, and continue to embarrass our reign as the best basketball country in the world. They shouldn't be just winning, they should be dominating. But we all know they wouldn't...

The guys on this team are second rate players. They couldn't hold ground to the greats playing today.

Plus I can't believe anyone would call these guys spoiled brats. I don't blame the big time players for not coming; after all, Egypt is one of the most violent homes for terrorism. So it's insane to ask these guys to do this, when the stands are nearly empty and maybe 50% of the overall tickets are still to be sold. There's a reason why they don't go, and being brats isn't one of them.

Anyway, to conclude, I expected this team to play like they do. They aren't close to the best players in America and most never will be great.

The world isn't getting better; our team is second rate to what our country could really provide. If Shaq, Kobe, McGrady, and Garnett were on this team, we wouldn't just go undefeated; we wouldn't win by less than 30 points.

If Shaq, Kobe, McGrady, and Garnett were on this team, we wouldn't just go undefeated; we wouldn't win by less than 30 points.

Eh..I dunno. Perhaps we would win the gold, but I don't see us breezing through these teams. Our problems in these games is that we can't shoot and we can't play perimter defense. Kobe and McGrady would help a touch with that, but not a whole lot. Shaq might help us, but only if he can stay on the court, which is doubtful considering the tighter officiating. Garnett is a nice player too, but he's no better than Duncan, and Duncan hasn't exactly lit it up.

Exactly Billy.

Our atheletes are far superior...

It's a lack of good shooting, a poor knowledge of the international rules, and a lack of fundamentals. Get the real Dream Team in there, and they'd still dominate.

The Key point here is " Lack of understanding of International Rules " .

Best thing I've heard in this forum yet. Why..? Because if the Head Coach doesn't understand when timeouts can be enforced then why should we expect second and third tier basketball players to understand them.

There is only one thing to fix this.

- The Selection committee must be committed to suiting up our elite players or we don't send a team plain and simple.

In 1992 we sent our best to play against the worlds best. Why..? Because it became obvious in the 1988 olympics that our amateur athletes weren't strong enough to play against teams that play all year together.

In the Future ( 2008 ) - The team either has to be made of a short and I mean short list of stars or we don't send them. Asking Carlos Boozer to be Kevin Garnett is not acceptable. We don't ask Randall "TEX" Cobb to represent Mike Tyson so the same should apply here. If we can't field the team that we want to send to represent us, then let that be the real embarrassment ,not the world scowling at us because we expected to beat them with our third rate players !

- Next time the Olympics come around and Tracy McGrady doesn't want to play, let him explain why he refused to represent the country that made him a millionaire playing a sport. And the same goes for the next Generation of stars in the 2008 season.

christopher higdon reporting from Athens.... :lol::lol::lol:

what we need in the future is a more diverse team, not just a team that can play good solo. We have no 3 point shooters, no straight up point gaurds, no rebounders etc. I hope in the future if u cant get somebody from the top like kobe you cant just replace him with the next best thing, you have to have some ppl on the team that are good at "team" play.