The youth of today is for the most part...

Come hang out in my Advanced Calculus class one day and your faith in our youth will be restored. thumbsup3.gif

Advanced Calculus ??

Jesus...

If my faith in you were to ever be shaken Skyline, it's nice to know I can refer back to this post and know things would be restored. PRE Calculus is enough to put the fear of God in me. I'll stick with my financial equations and general algebra.

ADVANCED Calculus ?? Sorry, i'm still stuck on the craziness of how that even sounds coming out of my mouth.

Good luck to you my friend !!!

It's a blast. You should meet these kids. They are genuinely interested (not just in math, but in all things). One of my kids just got asked by Brad Paisley to play guitar for him at the CMA awards in fact.

Admittedly, their questions scare me at times. On one hand, I'm thinking, "Wow, such deep and intelligent questions from such young kids!". On the other hand, I'm thinking, "Wow, I really hope I have an answer for whatever it is this kid's imagination has just dreamed up!".

Here was our latest topic. Keep in mind, these are high school kids thumbsup3.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadric

One of my last courses was an algebra class and we covered the equations noted in relation to ellipsoids, cones, parabolas, cylinders, sheres, and hyperbolas, but the rest of the stuff on the link just makes my head hurt.

I always found mathematics very interesting, but was never able to wrap my head around it at that level.

One of my kids just got asked by Brad Paisley to play guitar for him at the CMA awards in fact.

Whoa! Brad is probably the best guitarist in country music. Your student must be able to pick pretty well for Paisley to ask him to take the stage.

Yeah, he's solid. The funny thing is that he's not a country fan AT ALL. I've been teasing him mercilessly about the type of clothes they're likely to make him wear. tongue.gif

Come hang out in my Advanced Calculus class one day and your faith in our youth will be restored. thumbsup3.gif

Advanced Calculus ??

Jesus...

If my faith in you were to ever be shaken Skyline, it's nice to know I can refer back to this post and know things would be restored. PRE Calculus is enough to put the fear of God in me. I'll stick with my financial equations and general algebra.

ADVANCED Calculus ?? Sorry, i'm still stuck on the craziness of how that even sounds coming out of my mouth.

It's a blast. You should meet these kids. They are genuinely interested (not just in math, but in all things). One of my kids just got asked by Brad Paisley to play guitar for him at the CMA awards in fact.

Admittedly, their questions scare me at times. On one hand, I'm thinking, "Wow, such deep and intelligent questions from such young kids!". On the other hand, I'm thinking, "Wow, I really hope I have an answer for whatever it is this kid's imagination has just dreamed up!".

Here was our latest topic. Keep in mind, these are high school kids thumbsup3.gif

One of my last courses was an algebra class and we covered the equations noted in relation to ellipsoids, cones, parabolas, cylinders, sheres, and hyperbolas, but the rest of the stuff on the link just makes my head hurt.

I always found mathematics very interesting, but was never able to wrap my head around it at that level.

Haha yeah...the shapes are one thing. The calculus involving those shapes is something completely different.

That said, none of it is ever as complex as it looks...

One of my kids just got asked by Brad Paisley to play guitar for him at the CMA awards in fact.

Whoa! Brad is probably the best guitarist in country music. Your student must be able to pick pretty well for Paisley to ask him to take the stage.

Yeah, he's solid. The funny thing is that he's not a country fan AT ALL. I've been teasing him mercilessly about the type of clothes they're likely to make him wear.

C'mon. Country has changed. Look at bands like Rascal Flats. You won't see a cowboy hat or sequined shirt anywhere on the stage.

Yeah, he's solid. The funny thing is that he's not a country fan AT ALL. I've been teasing him mercilessly about the type of clothes they're likely to make him wear. tongue.gif

Advanced Calculus ??

Jesus...

Haha yeah...the shapes are one thing. The calculus involving those shapes is something completely different.

Yep, hence the whole making my head hurt comment...

:lol: