Some interesting Reds facts.

BengalszoneBilly

Kind of an interesting article I found on Yahoo.

This year alone, 98 players have popped out more than Joey Votto has his entire career.

When Votto's pop-out numbers went viral this year, they sounded too good to be true. None in 2010. One the following season. While he's been on the DL for most of 2012's second half, he remains stuck on nil again. Over his 2,523 career at-bats, Votto has had the temerity to pop out 10 times.

Aroldis Chapman is striking out 16.26 per nine, the best rate ever, and five more pitchers (Craig Kimbrel, Ernesto Frieri, Jason Grilli, Kenley Jansen and David Hernandez) now rank in the top 25 ever among pitchers with at least 40 innings. Also Aroldis Chapman has generated more swings and misses than Jered Weaver. And Roy Halladay, Dan Haren, Matt Harrison, Jeremy Hellickson, Josh Beckett, Erik Bedard, Kyle Lohse, Ryan Vogelsong and more than 100 other starters. Chapman has thrown 1,036 pitches this season. Hitters have swung at 508. They have missed 211. That 41.5 percent miss rate is 7 percent better than the next-best pitcher, Joaquin Benoit.

I just thought I'd throw that out there.

It's been a fun season to this point for sure.

It will be nice to see Votto come back healthy.

I'm still wondering how they get Frazier into the lineup after Votto returns.

Keeping him out of the lineup would be a mistake I feel.

If you were watching the game a couple of days ago the announcer stated that Baker had already said that Frazier will be the guy that loses AB's when Votto comes back.

I think this is one of the worst dsecision made by a manager that IMO makes bad decision a habit.

Frazier should spell both corners and keep Votto and Rolen healthy for the playoffs. He can also play either corner of the OF and 2B (SS in a pinch) Frazier should lose some AB's but not very many, you cant sit one of your best bats and continue to win games.

Even though Rolen is the better glove, he should never play more than 2 games in a row, he has become very fragile. Votto should be eased into playing everyday. With the small amount of games remaining Frazier should be starting at first or third at least 2/3 of the time.

Actually the reason I thought to ask, outside my favor of Frazier, is they made mention last night on the late news about the consideration of moving Bruce to CF and seeing Frazier get time in RF. I don't know if Bruce has the type of speed Stubbs has out there, but Frazier is the much better hitter compared to Stubbs at this point in time.

Actually the reason I thought to ask, outside my favor of Frazier, is they made mention last night on the late news about the consideration of moving Bruce to CF and seeing Frazier get time in RF. I don't know if Bruce has the type of speed Stubbs has out there, but Frazier is the much better hitter compared to Stubbs at this point in time.

It is worth a shot, what do you lose? A couple of extra hits fall in the larger gaps every once in a while. You gain Frazier staying in the lineup. I gain being able to watch a player give 110% every play, no matter where they put him. Frazier has become my favorite player.

I still think the best would be to platoon Frazier with Votto and Rolen to keep all of them fresh and rust free for the playoffs.