Wraith's Bengal Only Mock

Wraith

Trading #17, #21, #156 and one of next years #2 to Minnesota for pick #3

#3: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama: Look this might not be popular amoungst people on this board but there are only 4-5 real immediate impact skill position players in this draft. Minnesota is looking for a trade down, they need more help than at just LT, making this trade allows them to stockpile some picks this year and next. IMHO if this deal is offered to them they will take it. Now, as to why Cincinnati should do this deal. First, the cost of high draft a draft pick is no longer franchise breaking. Second, he fits perfectly in our system, we are essentually trading Palmer and Ocho for a stud young running back who will pound opponents for years. Third, This keeps him away from the Browns, if they get Richardson we will have to face him twice a year and I think we will regret it. Personally I think Richardson will be offensive rookie of the year on whichever team draftys him and with him we have our "Big Three" intact for years to come.

2nd Rd. (53): Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State: I like Osemele, he is huge and comes up big in big games. I think he compares favorably to Cordy Glenn as a guard perhaps not as a tackle.

3rd Rd. (83): Chase Minnefield, CB, Virginia: 2 time all ACC performer who excels in press coverage and has been tutored by his dad to be an NFL CB. I love Minnefield's fearlessness, he sticks his nose in and makes plays, I think he is one player who was highly regard prior to the underwear olympics and will drop because of a bad workout but become an excellent starting or nickel CB for years to come.

4th Rd. (116): Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin: Ditto Minnefield, Toon isn't much of a burner but he made plays all over the field or the Drunken Sconies. He is tall @ 6'2" and the bright lights won't be too big for him. Besides both these guys (Toon and Minnefield) play football for the right reasons, they grew up loving the game, I love guys in the NFL that are not going to be intimidated or distracted coming into the league and can come in immediately and just play football.

5th Rd. (166): Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State: Injury risk but has the size (6'3" 216#) and the speed (4.4 and 4.36 at his pro day) to play FS in the NFL. Physical player with a penchant for the tackle, missed all last season with an injury was also injured (wrist) in 2009. Worth a flier on in the 5th rd.

6th Rd. (191): Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa: This guy is falling all over draft boards. NFL Draft Scout has him as a 5th or a 6th rd. selection and Rob Rang has been right more often then not over his career. Tall, physical, can beat press coverage and was incredibly productive in a Big Ten school. What's not to like.

There you have it, feel free to tear it apart.

It wasn't a challenge Wraith, just encouraging others to have some fun.

Honestly, I LOVE the thought of trading up for Richardson. I think adding him would be HUGE for this offense. I don't know how much the front office would love the thought of giving up picks, but that would be a nice way to use the picks we got for Carson. I also don't think the price of that #3 would be an issue either. Without looking, the price of the two first rounders vs. the #3 overall is what ?? Whatever it is, I think it would be worth it.

I love the Osemele pick in the 2nd round and is one of the "other" OG's I would be happy seeing us get should we go in another direction in the first or (as you did) if we trade away picks.

Minnefield was one of the CB's I liked early, after the end of the college season and thought he would go much higher. Injury has kept him from doing anything but falling. If the doctors feel he is cleared to go, I have no issue with the pick. It would present value for sure.

Toon and McNutt would be fine replacements for what we lost in Simpson and Caldwell. Nothing overwhelming, but certainly workable. Can't say as I know much about the FS from Oregon St.

I wouldn't complain if it fell this way. I may be in the minority there...

Oh yeah, trade our #2 for next year, Oakland's will be higher !!!

:sure:

Ok, so getting over my laziness, the #3 overall last year got: (4yrs/20.4 mil/all guaranteed)

The #17 in 2011:

4yrs/8.54 mil/4.71 guaranteed

The #21 in 2011:

4yrs/8.10 mil

Total of those two picks:

16.64 million

With that thought in mind, plus not having a 2nd rounder the following year, the money spent would be close to the same.

The deal breaker would be the guaranteed money.

I don't think they do this, but would be excited if they did...

Trading #17, #21, #156 and one of next years #2 to Minnesota for pick #3

#3: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama: Look this might not be popular amoungst people on this board but there are only 4-5 real immediate impact skill position players in this draft. Minnesota is looking for a trade down, they need more help than at just LT, making this trade allows them to stockpile some picks this year and next. IMHO if this deal is offered to them they will take it. Now, as to why Cincinnati should do this deal. First, the cost of high draft a draft pick is no longer franchise breaking. Second, he fits perfectly in our system, we are essentually trading Palmer and Ocho for a stud young running back who will pound opponents for years. Third, This keeps him away from the Browns, if they get Richardson we will have to face him twice a year and I think we will regret it. Personally I think Richardson will be offensive rookie of the year on whichever team draftys him and with him we have our "Big Three" intact for years to come.

2nd Rd. (53): Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State: I like Osemele, he is huge and comes up big in big games. I think he compares favorably to Cordy Glenn as a guard perhaps not as a tackle.

3rd Rd. (83): Chase Minnefield, CB, Virginia: 2 time all ACC performer who excels in press coverage and has been tutored by his dad to be an NFL CB. I love Minnefield's fearlessness, he sticks his nose in and makes plays, I think he is one player who was highly regard prior to the underwear olympics and will drop because of a bad workout but become an excellent starting or nickel CB for years to come.

4th Rd. (116): Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin: Ditto Minnefield, Toon isn't much of a burner but he made plays all over the field or the Drunken Sconies. He is tall @ 6'2" and the bright lights won't be too big for him. Besides both these guys (Toon and Minnefield) play football for the right reasons, they grew up loving the game, I love guys in the NFL that are not going to be intimidated or distracted coming into the league and can come in immediately and just play football.

5th Rd. (166): Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State: Injury risk but has the size (6'3" 216#) and the speed (4.4 and 4.36 at his pro day) to play FS in the NFL. Physical player with a penchant for the tackle, missed all last season with an injury was also injured (wrist) in 2009. Worth a flier on in the 5th rd.

6th Rd. (191): Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa: This guy is falling all over draft boards. NFL Draft Scout has him as a 5th or a 6th rd. selection and Rob Rang has been right more often then not over his career. Tall, physical, can beat press coverage and was incredibly productive in a Big Ten school. What's not to like.

There you have it, feel free to tear it apart.

I like it, dont love it. I'd rather see Armies draft come to pass, but if this happened I could get solidly behind it. I dont like giving up that many picks for 1 guy, just on the chance he gets injured and never really plays. I would rather have the four players that we give up and try for 3 out of four solid starters/upgrades for the long term.