Big Board

I decided to create a big board for guys that might be worth our firsts. I think it is comprehensive but feel free to add names I have left out. The top is simply a listing of the guys with the bottom being my order. What I have found most interestng is that Luke Kuechley has sparked my interest lately. Discussion will follow. i would be happy with any 2 of the 12 players I list without repeating positions. As of today we pick 19 and 23.

Big Board for First Round

RB Trent Richardson Bama

RB Lamar Miller Miami

WR Justin Blackmon Oke St

WR Alshon Jeffery SC

WR Michael Floyd ND

WR Nick Toon Wisconsin

WR Dwight Jones NC* Jason addition

OL Matt Kalil USC

OL Jonathan Martin Stanford

OL Riley Rieff Iowa

OL Cordy Glenn Ga

OL David DeCastro Stanford

ILB Luke Kuechly BC

ILB Vontaze Burfict ASU

CB Morris Claiborne LSU

CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska

CB Janoris Jenkins Northern Alabama

CB Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama

My Order

Probably Gone

RB Trent Richardson Bama

WR Justin Blackmon Oke St

CB Morris Claiborne LSU

OL Matt Kalil USC

OL Jonathan Martin Stanford

OL Riley Rieff Iowa

Best of the Rest and the reasonable options

CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska

CB Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama

OL Cordy Glenn Ga

OL David DeCastro Stanford

ILB Luke Kuechly BC

WR Michael Floyd ND

ILB Vontaze Burfict ASU

Would rather cross fingers for round 2

WR Alshon Jeffery SC

WR Nick Toon Wisconsin

RB Lamar Miller Miami

CB Janoris Jenkins Northern Alabama

Nice work, i really havnt thought about it yet since the bengals are still playing.

1st round: 1a Decastro

1b Kirkpatrick

If they fall like that thats what i would love. I think they need to start filling in some holes on defense as well, and a new CB would be great with the second 1st round pick.

My issues with DeCastro are only with his versatility. Not sure its wise to draft a strict RG in round 1.

I understand the sentiment, but OG is important and one of the biggest needs on the Bengals roster. DeCastro has no holes in his game. He is one of the few locks in this draft... so I don't expect him to even be available when the Bengals pick.

If he is there at #17 and the Bengals pass on him, I'll be pretty furious.

My issues with DeCastro are only with his versatility. Not sure its wise to draft a strict RG in round 1.

I understand the sentiment, but OG is important and one of the biggest needs on the Bengals roster. DeCastro has no holes in his game. He is one of the few locks in this draft... so I don't expect him to even be available when the Bengals pick.

If he is there at #17 and the Bengals pass on him, I'll be pretty furious.

I certainly won't be furious if we take him, but RG seems to be a position that is easily filled without such a high investment. If he can play LG or C I would be more excited. There are only 3 guys who were drafted by their current team in the first round starting in the NFL currently. I view our CB need as much greater, meaning I would likely take one of them first regardless.

If he can play LG or C I would be more excited.

Cheer up then... because I think he'll be a LG in the NFL.

One of his strengths is his ability to pull. He does it on most running plays at Stanford, something most NFL teams don't ask their RG to do regularly. Most NFL LGs need to do it well to succeed.

Honestly, I see the Bengals bringing Bobbie Williams back for one more season (hopefully Boling will be good enough to replace him in 2013)... and if DeCastro comes in, he will start at LG immediately.

the reason I loved Cordy Glenn was to do with his versatility. He has been playing LT this year but will most likely be penciled in at RG/RT or most likely LG. It would be nice to have a guy who can backup Whit with Collins a FA and likely leaving (I know I would leave if I was getting so little pt)

PS Boykin just had a ridiculous PR for the Bulldawgs. He is a undersized CB who probably just took himself into the second round and outside of where we will pick.

the reason I loved Cordy Glenn was to do with his versatility. He has been playing LT this year but will most likely be penciled in at RG/RT or most likely LG.

Yeah... if you look at my post in the other draft thread, I give Glenn some love. I think it would be great to give him the Whitworth treatment... starting him off at LG, and then eventually starting him at one of the OT positions if/when the need arises.

But just to be clear, I think DeCastro is the superior player... I just don't expect him to be there at #17. While he might not project to be an eventual OT like Glenn does, he will be an elite OG. Ask Shaun Alexander about the effect of an elite guard like Steve Hutchinson.

I would take off Vontaze because I just don't think he is that great.

I think he's amazing... but he hurts his team too much by not being able to control his emotions.

I'll be very concerned if he falls to the Ravens. I could easily see Ray Lewis mentoring him and teaching him to play under control... resulting in the Bengals having to deal with Ray Lewis Jr for the next 10 years.

Vontaze was playing so out of control by the end of the year that he got benched.

I'm well aware. He had 3 personal fouls on one drive and got benched for the entire 2nd half in their last game. And that's the reason I don't want the Bengals to draft him.

But he's still an elite athlete, with elite instincts... and a mean streak and intimidation factor that can't be taught. If he goes to a team (like the Ravens) who can teach him to only be aggressive between the whistles, he'll end up being the biggest steal in the entire draft.

Vontaze was playing so out of control by the end of the year that he got benched.

I'm well aware. He had 3 personal fouls on one drive and got benched for the entire 2nd half in their last game. And that's the reason I don't want the Bengals to draft him.

But he's still an elite athlete, with elite instincts... and a mean streak and intimidation factor that can't be taught. If he goes to a team (like the Ravens) who can teach him to only be aggressive between the whistles, he'll end up being the biggest steal in the entire draft.

I can agree with that. I saw his highlight reel and it looks like they speed him up or slow everyone else down he is that ridiculous. No way I touch him in round 1, round 2 maybe.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJCYhOdazE&feature=related

Anybody know how Lattimore RB from South Carolina is doing after that bad knee injury?? Was he coming out this year?? I just wonder how bad the injury was, and how far he will fall. I wonder if he would be worth a look later on in the draft. When healthy i loved the way that guy ran the ball.