Ryan FitzPAIDrick

HoosierCat

So Ryan Fitzpatrick is now making more than Carson Palmer. :lmao:

Not really, Carson took a pay cut this season, but still is scheduled to make $12.5 mill in 2012, $13 mill in 2013, and $15 mill in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7128693/oakland-raiders-carson-palmer-took-5-million-pay-cut-season-according-source

The NFL is crazy, and apparently so are the Bills, but hey, if they're willing to give Fitz almost $10 mill per....more power to him.....

• 1 month later...

I guess the Bills gave themselves an Out Clause on the Fitz deal. If they cut him by March 19th, they would only be on the hook for the $10m bonus he got upon signing the new deal plus his 3.22m salary. Not a dime more.

The Bills will more than likely lose their last two games (Denver and New England). If they do so... they will probably get a pick before one or both of Washington and Miami. If this happens... they have a chance to get either Barkley or RG3.

I hope he put that $10m bonus in the bank.

I guess the Bills gave themselves an Out Clause on the Fitz deal. If they cut him by March 19th, they would only be on the hook for the $10m bonus he got upon signing the new deal plus his 3.22m salary. Not a dime more.

The Bills will more than likely lose their last two games (Denver and New England). If they do so... they will probably get a pick before one or both of Washington and Miami. If this happens... they have a chance to get either Barkley or RG3.

I was wondering about how they felt about that deal now that the team has taken this dive. NFL owners are a smart (maybe shrewd) bunch. With this news Fitz is clearly done but I'm happy for him that he was able to parlay this into one nice payday. The competition for QBs will be very interesting to watch in this off season. There will be more than 3 1st rd QBs

There will be more than 3 1st rd QBs.

The more the merrier as far as the Bengals are concerned!

Still, $13 million for, what, 9 weeks' work? Not too shabby.

Brings his seven-year take from the NFL to more than $20 million. Not bad for a seventh-round pick out of Harvard.

There will be more than 3 1st rd QBs

I may have spoken too soon. Matt Barkley just announced that he's not coming out and Landry Jones at Oklahoma may be staying too. I guess we'll have to wait and see who's in. In looking at the top ten drafting teams, it does look like a lot of them will be candidates to draft a QB high